• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
- You know you're an INFJ when in a team situation if there isn't another, more forceful J in tow, you're the gung-ho leader.

Yes. I'm a pretty good leader, usually, but I don't like to do it if I don't have to.

Btw, nice avatar. Soon all the INFJs shall infect the forums with Darrell Anderson/Dark Tower avatars, and then, only then, will our subliminal conquest be complete. :devil:

Nat

MBTI Type
INFJ
So True! Whenever put into class groups I always wait to see if someone will take up the reigns. If no one does I groan inside because then I have to do all the assigning and prodding and such :D

I used to find this happening to me all the time in uni. On some level, I think I was glad that nobody took the lead, because that way I had control. :p

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Btw, nice avatar. Soon all the INFJs shall infect the forums with Darrell Anderson/Dark Tower avatars, and then, only then, will our subliminal conquest be complete.

*B-Rated horror movie style maniacal laughter*

I used to find this happening to me all the time in uni. On some level, I think I was glad that nobody took the lead, because that way I had control. :p

Same here... :whistling:

You know you're an INFJ when the only reason people get more done that you is because you're not only measuring twice, you've measured every possible deviance and have calculated everything. (Stupid Aux Ti :D)

sade

You know you're an INFJ when the only reason people get more done that you is because you're not only measuring twice, you've measured every possible deviance and have calculated everything. (Stupid Aux Ti :D)

+1

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

Its really the only reason I didnt like geometry class, I had to have PERFECT graphs :doh:

-You know youre an INFJ when you push to get this thread to 100 pages.

- And that youre the only one that laughs at some of your jokes, because only you get it. Maybe the other INJs too.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Your eyes are looking through objects, instead of looking straight at them.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Your eyes are looking through objects, instead of looking straight at them.

:yes: +1

That's where the 'soul piercing gaze' comes from. No one has commented on me about it, but I know I see the 'essence' of an object and get the aspects rather than seeing the aspects to define the essence. I love Ni :)

G

Glycerine

:yes: +1

That's where the 'soul piercing gaze' comes from. No one has commented on me about it, but I know I see the 'essence' of an object and get the aspects rather than seeing the aspects to define the essence. I love Ni :)

Can you please give an example?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Its hard to describe in concrete terms, its like seeing the object, but through an invisible veil of Mind. It blurs reality and imagination.

You unconsciously see what the thing does, but know it more intimately than that. A metaphor would be if you knew a person and how they drive, and knew they were driving the car you're watching, and almost expecting everything that happens. That's Ni, you know what's inside the object and it blooms out to its aspects.

I'm sorry but I can't describe it better than that (You could look it up if you want to)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
To add to the above metaphor: A person who uses an extroverted perceiving function may learn the driver by how the car moves, they would guess that the driver has a cellphone by erratic driving, but the widows are one way for them to some extent.

G

Glycerine

Its hard to describe in concrete terms, its like seeing the object, but through an invisible veil of Mind. It blurs reality and imagination.

You unconsciously see what the thing does, but know it more intimately than that. A metaphor would be if you knew a person and how they drive, and knew they were driving the car you're watching, and almost expecting everything that happens. That's Ni, you know what's inside the object and it blooms out to its aspects.

I'm sorry but I can't describe it better than that (You could look it up if you want to)

Oh ok, so its like seeing the nuances of the object even its not directly noticeable, it's still there? Is it also kind of like knowing what a person is feeling but they don't say it directly?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Oh ok, so its like seeing the nuances of the object even its not directly noticeable, it's still there?

I suppose that fits. Introverted Perceiving functions have a bias when viewing reality, so an object could internally be different to each person. Si is based off of past experiences while Ni is based off of all knowledge gathered and manipulated.

Is it also kind of like knowing what a person is feeling but they don't say it directly?

I think that is an Fe/Ni quirk, Fe can sense what a person feels to a certain extent, while Ni knows the person/personality in their own way, making the knowledge of the person's feelings more certain in the person's mind.

-You know youre an INFJ when you can explain something deep from an inference you suddenly 'Eureka-d' up a day before. You just hope people think that you're as right as you think you are about it. ;)

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*You know you're an INFJ when the only reason people get more done that you is because you're not only measuring twice, you've measured every possible deviance and have calculated everything. (Stupid Aux Ti :D)

Urgh! That's so true - it makes me a good scientist, but I can be over-cautious sometimes. I've learned to use auxiliary Fe to overcome the tertiary Ti "analysis paralysis" by basically asking a colleague for a second opinion when I get stuck.

sade

Is it also kind of like knowing what a person is feeling but they don't say it directly?
- You know you're an INFJ is this makes you wonder: "Doesn't everyone have that?"
- You know you're an INFJ when you get a feeling of people you're watching from distance. (like spotting someone randomly)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
by basically asking a colleague for a second opinion when I get stuck.

+1, I do this all the time. I WILL ask for directions if I'm lost :D

- You know youre an INFJ when you want to think of more 'Youre an INFJ when...' things but dont want to pull all the weight (*Cough* :newwink:)

S

Sniffles

I'm constantly like this at work, when trying to make assessments concerning quality of our products. My supervisors always get annoyed with me over this. Ironic I know.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
When you love entps!! -Group hug ppl, COME ON-