• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

limeo

MBTI Type
INFJ
I gotta try this "sports" thing with my left hand...

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
1. does it take anyone else HOURS to get to sleep because your mind wont stop thinking?

Ive gone to bed before at 10, and havent been able to fall asleep till 3 am because ideas just keep popping up. So i try meditating...but for some reason i can't make myself fall asleep...just gotta wait for it to happen. (and no im not an insomniac)

2. I have this thing with dreams, where i'll have an amazingly detailed dream. then, a week, months, or years later, I'll go to sleep and it'll continue...its so cool! does anyone else have this?

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
Yeah, I eat left handed, too.

Define "sports". :huh:

hmmm....see below for an example of "sports" Maybe I should have said recreational activities...does that help?

I'm the opposite, I do everything with my right hand. And I guess I do "sports" with my left - if beating the biggest guy at my office at left-handed arm wrestling counts. ;)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
This is true of the INFJ's I know.
-You tend to ignore the facts of the situation and always go with your intuition- EVEN if 'foolish reason' gets in the way.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
1. does it take anyone else HOURS to get to sleep because your mind wont stop thinking?

Ive gone to bed before at 10, and havent been able to fall asleep till 3 am because ideas just keep popping up. So i try meditating...but for some reason i can't make myself fall asleep...just gotta wait for it to happen. (and no im not an insomniac)

2. I have this thing with dreams, where i'll have an amazingly detailed dream. then, a week, months, or years later, I'll go to sleep and it'll continue...its so cool! does anyone else have this?

All of the above....check!

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ

Yes, and it usually happens here at the dorms because it's noisy. I use noise cancellation headphones and listen to soothing music that relates to whatever I'm thinking/worrying about. It helps. If I don't have to be up early the next day, I roll with it and write down the ideas until I fall over. However, once I'm asleep, nothing wakes me up except for my alarm.

For like 6 years as a child, I had this reoccurring scary dream once every year on Christmas Eve. CREEPY!

Sometimes I can be dreaming, then wake up and if I didn't like the outcome, I can go right back to sleep and change it. :)

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5

:yes:

All of the above. Case in point: when I was fairly young, I had this odd dream that the Power Rangers [yes...i was an avid fan lol] were in trouble and Zordon teleported me to the command center. I became the new 'black ranger' [and i'm a girl o_O] and was sent to save them. In my dream, i became overwhelmed by the attacks of the Putty Patrol...and saw this strange 'to be continued...' before waking up.

Just last year did I have the rest of that dream. Oddly, this happened right after meeting Johnny Yong Bosch [Adam-- the black ranger after Zach on the show lol] at a convention. I was amazed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmclaughlin
I write and eat left handed..I do "sports" right handed.

That's precisely how I am. I bowl, throw, and bat right handed. I eat, catch, and write with my left hand. :D

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
How many other INFJs are left handed?

I'm one. Any others? :hi:

Edit: Of course, I'm also right eye dominant which allows me to shoot a gun or a bow right handed. But I do everything else left handed: writing, throwing a ball, etc.

Yes. I do "delicate" things that require finger-hand-eye precision with my left hand: writing, eating, and drawing. I do "strong and steady" things with my right hand: drinking, throwing, placing something down carefully, lifting/holding things. When it comes to speed, my right arm is much faster, which I guess means I'm right-eye dominant.

1. Yes. It takes me 1-2 hours to actually fall asleep because my mind will suddenly decide to think about problems I encountered that day and attempt to solve them. The result is usually me getting a little stressed instead of relaxed. I usually have a standard "fall asleep" day dream (one in which I'm mostly in action and not thinking or talking) that eventually works, but as soon as I try another day dream, I end up talking too much and I can't quiet myself.

2. Not really, but I do have dreams so detailed that I wake up and get confused for a little bit as to which is my real life.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
-You tend to ignore the facts of the situation and always go with your intuition- EVEN if 'foolish reason' gets in the way.

I live with enough NT types that I'm pretty good at reasoning by now; I think this goes mostly for INFJs that haven't developed their tertiary Ti as much yet.

I get to sleep fairly easily IF I can distract myself with daydreams before I sleep. I'm a twin, though, and have had many times in my life where I've had to ignore noise to sleep, so it's easier now. The most important thing is to switch your mind from "life" mode to "dream/fantasy" mode and let everything kind of melt away~

My dreams are often really detailed and very symbolic, but I don't get a lot of continuation; quite of bit of recurring themes, though (like tornadoes and big storms...)

sade

Example, please?
All I'm thinking now is that you can't make a pie without the ingredients.
Salt doesn't cover for sugar...

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm a twin, though, and have had many times in my life where I've had to ignore noise to sleep, so it's easier now.

Haha thats the most annoying part! I used to hear my twin brother fall asleep...and now i lie, trying to fall asleep, and hear my roommate at college start to snore lightly. Im guessing Ill be doing that with my signif other too.

yea those dreams you have when you're half conscious are great!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
80 pages and still going strong. Looks like we will make the magic 100! :static:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You must have your settings set to show more posts on a page than I do.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

All of the above. Case in point: when I was fairly young, I had this odd dream that the Power Rangers [yes...i was an avid fan lol] were in trouble and Zordon teleported me to the command center. I became the new 'black ranger' [and i'm a girl o_O] and was sent to save them. In my dream, i became overwhelmed by the attacks of the Putty Patrol...and saw this strange 'to be continued...' before waking up.

When I was 5 there were several times I woke up in the middle of a nightmare and when I fell back asleep it started again- right where I last left it.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was learning a foreign language I knew what a person was saying to me and could carry on a conversation outside of class. However, I couldn't pick out the words the person said, so obviously I didn't know what the singular words meant. (There was a delay of a few seconds after they spoke before I knew what they said.) I wonder if this an INFJ process for learning languages.

S

Sniffles

When I was learning a foreign language I knew what a person was saying to me and could carry on a conversation outside of class. However, I couldn't pick out the words the person said, so obviously I didn't know what the singular words meant. (There was a delay of a few seconds after they spoke before I knew what they said.) I wonder if this an INFJ process for learning languages.

You're not alone. I face this problem all the time when trying to learn other languages.

sade

I've had more than one teacher wondering about my hearing comprehension in learning a language. And I can relate to just knowing what the other person is saying. Even if I shoudn't because of my actual skill level being lower.
But then again, I learn by listening.

What type or learners are you? Visual, kinesthetic, auditory etc..?