• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

limeo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Are there any INFJ's out there who have a keen, almost eerie, sense of time? For example, if someone asks me what time it is, I know it looking at a clock - within ten or so minutes.

Is this related to type or just a quirk I have?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are there any INFJ's out there who have a keen, almost eerie, sense of time? For example, if someone asks me what time it is, I know it looking at a clock - within ten or so minutes.

Me! I don't know if it's related to type, but I certainly do this all the time. I also guess a lot of things correctly that are not as mundane as the time, and my intuition creeps people out. So I try to keep it to myself.

limeo

MBTI Type
INFJ
OMG my intuition creeps ME out. I hardly consider myself a mystic or psychic but sheesh... I just know things, particularly about people and their to-be actions/words.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yea, I've always been like that too.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The sensotard definition was wrong. It is low awareness of senses, not surroundings. Like when you forget to eat at the right time, and don't get round to exercise then wonder why you feel slow, and all that stuff.

I'm an ENFP, and we probably have higher awareness and understanding of our surroundings than any type. But we are still sensotards.
Ah...well, in that case, I still would not be a sensotard.

B

ByMySword

Me! I don't know if it's related to type, but I certainly do this all the time. I also guess a lot of things correctly that are not as mundane as the time, and my intuition creeps people out. So I try to keep it to myself.

+2 on the guessing things correctly.

The funny thing is, I overanalyze so many things I always assume I'm incorrect. Then when I find out I'm correct, its a complete shock.

I don't know if I'll ever get used to this intuition. lol

B

ByMySword

How many other INFJs are left handed?

I'm one. Any others? :hi:

Edit: Of course, I'm also right eye dominant which allows me to shoot a gun or a bow right handed. But I do everything else left handed: writing, throwing a ball, etc.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I have that talent, too. And yet I feel lost if I forget to wear my watch, even if I only use it to confirm that the time is what I already know it to be.

As a side effect of this ability, I can ask my unconscious to send me reminders or "alerts" at specific times, like an internal alarm clock. This even works if I fall asleep, waking me at the prespecified time. The alerts are infallibly accurate, but I sometimes fail to notice them until it's too late (Oh, so that's what that loud tune blasting out in my head meant....), so the system is not totally reliable, but it has been useful to me.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Edit: Of course, I'm also right eye dominant which allows me to shoot a gun or a bow right handed. But I do everything else left handed: writing, throwing a ball, etc.

Huh, I'm the opposite, right handed but left eye dominant, which means I can operate in left-handed mode for many tasks. Maybe it's the difference between handedness and dominant eye that's significant? (Much more data required to refute or back this up!)

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?

I write and eat left handed..I do "sports" right handed.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

I do this when I sleep; if I'm used to waking up at a certain time, I basically don't need an alarm (although I have one I use anyways just in case).

A lot of times, when I'm awake, my intuition is a bit less keen, probably from being grounded with a lot of S friends and T family (I had to know how to explain my reasonings to them).

V

violaine

LOL, yes! It really annoys one of my friends that I do this cos I'm pulling it out of thin air (which makes it even more fun, hehe).

sade

I've never tried that. Now I have something new to try. :devil:
I do wake up like clock work at 9 am if I don't have an alarm clock ringing..

I can read people well though, (it's also confirmed) maybe that's intuition. Probably just quick recognition of behavioral patterns common among certain people..

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I can almost guess in my head what will happen in a couple seconds before it happens, if that counts. (Its unreliable anyways, just fun to follow around sometimes)

On weekdays I wake at 6-7 am in time for school, during weekends its 9:00 to noon.

The funny thing is, I overanalyze so many things I always assume I'm incorrect. Then when I find out I'm correct, its a complete shock.

I do this a lot too! Some bad days I can stare at something simple or hard and not get any click in my head. I knew it before, I know I did! But why cant I know it NOW? (I think its Inferior Se dicking with me :steam:)

V

violaine

I'm ambidextrous. I think it's why it was so hard for me to tell my left from my right for most of my life. :laugh:

limeo

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am mostly right handed, but have always enjoyed attempting to write, etc. with my left hand. Even though it rarely works.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I write and eat left handed..I do "sports" right handed.

I'm the opposite, I do everything with my right hand. And I guess I do "sports" with my left - if beating the biggest guy at my office at left-handed arm wrestling counts. ;)