• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

B

ByMySword

^^^Agreed.

I wish I didn't have to put aside my internal thoughts that currently involve my rise to power in the world and creating a warrior-priest religion that combines Christiano-pagan beliefs and rituals as well as incorporating Machiavellian philosophy in order to go back to class or work.

Such a drag. ;)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
^^^You know you're an INFJ when you have a picture of a taheen as your avatar.

Nice one, Kyrielle. ;)

This gunslinger approves. :2ar15:

:D Finally! Someone noticed what it was! *celebrates*

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Almost halfway done with the last book of that series :cheese:

I miss the butler robot...

-You know you're an INFJ when you can write the most philosophical stuff that makes you think 'Oh wow! I wrote that?' but cant even give someone directions to a store that's on the other side of town because after 12 years of living somewhere you still don't know the main roads of the town.

-You know you're an INFJ when some other great philosopher thought the same thing but wrote it down better. :doh:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're an INFJ when you understand the complex but are baffled by the simple.

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
-You know you're an INFJ when you can write the most philosophical stuff that makes you think 'Oh wow! I wrote that?' but cant even give someone directions to a store that's on the other side of town because after 12 years of living somewhere you still don't know the main roads of the town.

Oh, so true! I have absolutely no sense of direction! If I happen to know where something is located, I'm still no help because I don't know the street names. :huh: People will come up to me and ask, "Hey, do you know how to get to--" and I'm like, "Nope!....I have no sense of direction." :D

I seem to write the best stuff really late at night when I'm only half conscious. I guess that's when my subconscious comes out to play. lol:thinking:

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
^^ Good grief, that's me to a T. I can barely remember the intersecting roads of the corner I live on. Thank goodness our main road is actually called 'Main Street', or I'd be even more worse off.

Strange thing, I only remember directions by street names of ONE place I lived, and that was for two years, with my grandparents...and I couldn't drive. I still can't drive [well, can, but..another story] but I knew and still know those roads like the back of my hand. Possibly because it was the area I first lived when I was young and was returning to..hmm

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeh, don't worry! Being a sensotard is cool. Normally the more sensotarded you are, the more intuitive you are.
Eh, not necessarily. I'm definitely very intuitive, but I'm also always aware of pretty much everything that's going on around me, where everyone and everything is, and notice many small details without even thinking about it that others would readily pass by. (i.e. I'll pass by an area quickly and somehow notice something very minute that I'm not even remotely looking at or expecting to be there.)

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Eh, not necessarily. I'm definitely very intuitive, but I'm also always aware of pretty much everything that's going on around me, where everyone and everything is, and notice many small details without even thinking about it that others would readily pass by. (i.e. I'll pass by an area quickly and somehow notice something very minute that I'm not even remotely looking at or expecting to be there.)

I'm not so sure about being a sensotard is cool... but I guess I can live with it..

To SH-- yeah, I have moments like that as well. Though I sometimes have a difficult time finding what another person is pointing at when it is in clear, plain sight. When I finally do notice or see it, I feel rather...awkwardly stupid *lol* At least I can learn to laugh at myself about it, though.

G

Glycerine

I'm not so sure about being a sensotard is cool... but I guess I can live with it..

To SH-- yeah, I have moments like that as well. Though I sometimes have a difficult time finding what another person is pointing at when it is in clear, plain sight. When I finally do notice or see it, I feel rather...awkwardly stupid *lol* At least I can learn to laugh at myself about it, though.

haha, I can relate. I can remember sensory information like historical facts, birthdays, homework, what people like (I have a much better memory than my ESFJ dad) but for things right in front of me, my surroundings or directions, I'm really bad.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're anINFJ when...

I think I developed a lot of this as a matter of survival when I was a child living with my INFJ mother, who couldn't find her way out of a paper bag. (she was the most purely sensotard person I think I ever knew.) Unfortunately my sense of direction was one of the things lost to the brain injury. I can still give directions to paratransit drivers when traveling to my INTJ's house, but I go there every day. When I learned to drive again after the brain injury, I used to get lost in parking garages a lot, but could drive 4 adolescent boys (with Metallica blasting) 400 miles to NW New Mexico without mishap. Go figure...:huh:

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
You know you're an INFJ when the worst possible question someone can ask is, "What are you thinking?" ....like in a new relationship-type situation...

This is one of the only times my thoughts stop and I have nothing to say...

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
^^ Oh yeah. It seems like my mind is constantly turning over different dilemmas and ideas, and yet, the moment someone actually asks me what's going on up there, I have no idea what to say. I might as well not have been thinking at all.

B

ByMySword

While, I'm not good with street names, I have an excellent sense of direction. Its just that instead of street names, I usually use landmarks to know where I'm going. Of course, I've noticed an improvement on my ability to use street names when giving directions.

-You know you're an INFJ when some other great philosopher thought the same thing but wrote it down better. :doh:

Or wrote it down earlier. :doh:

P

Phantonym

Oh, so true! I have absolutely no sense of direction! If I happen to know where something is located, I'm still no help because I don't know the street names. :huh: People will come up to me and ask, "Hey, do you know how to get to--" and I'm like, "Nope!....I have no sense of direction." :D

I seem to write the best stuff really late at night when I'm only half conscious. I guess that's when my subconscious comes out to play. lol:thinking:

:yes: Exactly! I'm not aware of any of the street names either but I use landmarks and I really have to plan my route ahead in my head or even look at a map when the place is new to me.

And I can also relate to the subconscious Eureka! moments. I always keep a pen and paper near my bed because I've had some seriously good ideas coming to me just at the moment when I'm about to fall asleep at night or just before waking up in the morning. And I know I have to write them down because I'll never remember them afterwards but at that moment, they're just so amazingly clear. Eureka! :nerd::yay:

S

Sniffles

Yes on both accounts. In fact I think I stated the latter myself in this thread.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Yes on both accounts. In fact I think I stated the latter myself in this thread.

So you could say that the second point of my post actually occurred in this thread? ;)

I use landmarks as a map too. I remember the bend in the road and sorta remember what's beyond it. I kind of group the whole town in 'bunches' of where I go. If I haven't been there, it doesn't exist in my mind-map (Which happens to be drawn in crayon... :D) I think the mental map is just a bunch of circles drawn juxtaposed in a similar place that they would be on a real map. Inside the circle would be a simple list of stuff I go to that bubble for.

I was recently asked what I was thinking. It was a rare moment where I wasn't. I had just come out of a book (The last Dark Tower book as a matter of fact :D) and was in a sort of staring daze where my mind settles into pseudo reality again.

You know you're an Int-jay when you pause in the middle of a book to think of what could have happened if X happened. (Its the reason I don't like movies as much as books, pausing just bugs people)

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
- you never turn your back on people/ scenes that had once helped you, and it makes you sad when you see other people easily dismiss their past(s).
- you want to trust people, because you're fascinated by what other people will do with your trust and you genuinely want to trust others.
- you desperately want to help people who have 'lost their way.'
- it's very hard to not find a 'good side' of a person, and it really hurts when other people can't see it at all.
- you feel so much for other people but display NONE of the affection you feel for them (this is probably just me, being a very strong N & F with two ISTJ parents) because you've been brought up in a world that deems that 'innapropriate behavior,' and you don't want to violate other people's personal space/ rights so you back off completely. :doh:
- you hate asking other people for anything, but you love to help other people and would never turn anyone down (and none of your favors are reciprocated).
- everyone you know would make a great character in the novel you're meaning to write.
- you wish people knew what you really think about them.
- sometimes you look at people and imagine what they would have been like if they lived in another time, and how well they would have fit into that time.
- you sometimes wish you were Harry Potter, Frodo, the kids in Narnia :)laugh:), because deep down you long for adventure and magic, and you want to save the world in a more obvious way than you can in the real world.
- you have 100000 memories in your head of moments that you had that were beautiful, but also very symbolic, and you would love to make them tangible (as paintings or something).
- the saddest moment of your life was when you realised that the people in your head weren't real, and therefore not meaningful (again... maybe just me, :laugh:).
- you try to collect real memories.
- you feel as though you truely understand someone, even just by the look in their eyes, but you often question how much you really know.

oh and hello everyone! :blush::unsure:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

The sensotard definition was wrong. It is low awareness of senses, not surroundings. Like when you forget to eat at the right time, and don't get round to exercise then wonder why you feel slow, and all that stuff.

I'm an ENFP, and we probably have higher awareness and understanding of our surroundings than any type. But we are still sensotards.