• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
you know you're INFJ when you can't stop thinking about love for one second
And you feel you're the only one who seems to care about it

'Love' in the world seems so superficial, more like a business deal than actual oneness of two hearts.

I have a question, do you other Nis have a vivid imagination? Such as being able to just see the pictures in your head like a picture or video. I myself see the pictures in my head through a piece of smoked glass. Another INFJ I know has a vivid imagination and is a great artist.

Could a vivid imagination be connected with the strength of Ni?

S

Sniffles

you know you're INFJ when you can't stop thinking about love for one second
And you feel you're the only one who seems to care about it

To an extent yeah. I certainly hate the shallow understanding of love that prevails nowadays. To me it's about the deep connection between two souls.

I don't know if anyother INFJ guys experience this, but it always seems to be nice to have a woman to think about. Even if you're not interested in her romantically, it's quite comforting to think of her in some of those terms. In my particular case, this leads to an blurrying of the line between friendship and love with women.

Oh well Im just rambling here.

Anyways, concerning love - you have to watch this. :D
[youtube="DhDuYfZa5dE"]Slavoj Žižek - Love is evil[/youtube]

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
^ hahahahaha wow. that guy is a hoot. very interesting/ odd ideas he does have

and yes, i always have to have a person on my mind whether or not he actually is worth having affections for. its weird

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been to one therapist and the response after 1.5 sessions was, "well, it seems like you already know what's going on and what to do and how to deal with it. Do you think you need to keep seeing me?" I was floored! I dont know if she was just a bad therapist or if my life wasn't interesting enough for her to listen to, or if I really don't need therapy.

I tried going to a therapist and he told me I was the most informed patient he ever had. :huh: Needless to say, he wasn't very helpful with new info or insight. (He also asked me if I thought I needed to keep going.)

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if anyother INFJ guys experience this, but it always seems to be nice to have a woman to think about. Even if you're not interested in her romantically, it's quite comforting to think of her in some of those terms. In my particular case, this leads to an blurrying of the line between friendship and love with women.

I'm not a guy, but when I have an interest in someone it's motivates me in other areas of my life. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I tried going to a therapist and he told me I was the most informed patient he ever had. :huh: Needless to say, he wasn't very helpful with new info or insight. (He also asked me if I thought I needed to keep going.)

I imagine it is rather discouraging to know more than the person who is the so-called expert.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
well arent INFJ's supposed to BE the people that get jobs as therapists? thats probably why. we're like, the top bar for that kind of stuff

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Has anyone watched that HBO show "In Treatment"? The show is just basically a person talking to their therapist. I only saw a few episodes, but damn was it interesting. I'm endlessly fascinated by people's stories - piecing together the parts of them that make them tick.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Today I made love to a turkey heart on page 69.

Lotr246

This may be a stretch: You've thought about transgressing your own moral standard in order to teach others a lesson.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
One of the defining moments in your life was when you discovered MBTI and that you were, indeed, an INFJ

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
One of the defining moments in your life was when you discovered MBTI and that you were, indeed, an INFJ

:yes:

Suddenly things were just so much clearer...

...and then I was confused again.

sade

This may be a stretch: You've thought about transgressing your own moral standard in order to teach others a lesson.
I'll admit that, several times actually. But not nessesarily to teach a lesson (that too) but for some other reasons too.. I have I actually crossed the standard? I don't think so, atleast I don't remember doing so. Hmm.

A bit of topic, but INFJs imagination can be rather dark, as was conversed somewhere else (I think they were talking about fantacies). Yay, or nay?
I say yay.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
... I fall in love with you at first sight.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll admit that, several times actually. But not nessesarily to teach a lesson (that too) but for some other reasons too.. I have I actually crossed the standard? I don't think so, atleast I don't remember doing so. Hmm.

A bit of topic, but INFJs imagination can be rather dark, as was conversed somewhere else (I think they were talking about fantacies). Yay, or nay?
I say yay.

I, too, say 'yay'. I've been told that I express 'dark' ideas well in my writing [if that is what I am indeed going for... :) ]

S

Sniffles

Yes I can relate to this very much. A "suspension of the ethical" to use Kierkegaard's expression, if in a different context.

I say yay.

I say yay. This is especially true if I'm angry or upset about something, and I'll spout off some of the most vile things one can imagines. The reactions of others to such incidents are mixed; sometimes they think it's absolutely hiliarious, other times they become very disturbed and worried.

I'll readily admit they're not my greatest moments really.

It reminds me how Dostoevsky's second wife described him as a very irritable and spiteful person; and how "he could not restrain his spite" at various times.

I can relate to that all too readily. :(