• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

S

Sniffles

I don't know, can any of guys relate to this description of Lev Shestov? As for myself, I can't help but laugh everytime I read it - because I can relate to it so much:
"Shestov's philosophy is, at first sight, not a philosophy at all: it offers no systematic unity, no coherent set of propositions, no theoretical explanation of philosophical problems. Most of Shestov's work is fragmentary. With regard to the form (he often used aphorisms) the style may be deemed more web-like than linear, and more explosive than argumentative. The author seems to contradict himself on every page, and even seeks out paradoxes. This is because he believes that life itself is, in the last analysis, deeply paradoxical, and not comprehensible through logical or rational inquiry. Shestov maintains that no theory can solve the mysteries of life. Fundamentally, his philosophy is not 'problem-solving', but problem-generating, with a pronounced emphasis on life's enigmatic qualities."

Lev Shestov - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know you're INFJ when negative descriptions of your type are a source of endless humour.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know, can any of guys relate to this description of Lev Shestov. As for myself, I can't help laugh everytime I read it - because I can relate to it so much:

You know you're INFJ when negative descriptions of your type are a source of endless humour.

Yeah, "paradox" is a word I use a lot to explain how I see the world. I believe that Ni is the function which is most comfortable with paradox and best understands its implications.

V

violaine

^When I was really young finding the word 'paradox' and understanding the concept was a revelation. I could finally put a word to what I was always (and will always be) captivated by.

Lotr246

Yes, I agree with his description a lot. His views on philosophy are almost identical to mine, in that, he doesn't believe in a strictly rationally based philosophy. I can also relate to the fragmentary presentation of his ideas. Also, in his description, it says he was influenced by Kierkegaard and Dostoevsky. Two authors who have been crucial in the development of my views as well.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I don't know, can any of guys relate to this description of Lev Shestov? As for myself, I can't help but laugh everytime I read it - because I can relate to it so much:

I can relate to it also. Logic has always been down the list for me when it comes to explaining life and the universe. It is more saved for translating ideas to others.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK

I really relate to this:

"This is because he believes that life itself is, in the last analysis, deeply paradoxical, and not comprehensible through logical or rational inquiry."

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
You know you're an INFJ when in your closest relationships people will state/feel the following: "I've never met anyone who understands me as well as you do" or "has this kind of connection with".

S

Sniffles

I especially relate to Shestov's claim that life and the universe are an endless enigma. If life were not a deep mystery, then it just wouldn't have any real meaning IMO.

Hence why I have little tolerance for those with a more reductionist approach to things. Yes reason and logic have their place, but one must also recognise that reason and logic can go so far in many respects.

You know you're an INFJ when in your closest relationships people will state/feel the following: "I've never met anyone who understands me as well as you do" or "has this kind of connection with".

Yes I hear this alot.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
Yes. I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down, man. Totally. :D

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
... when you look for something to munch on and look in the fridge, find nothing... a few seconds later look in the fridge again to see if you missed something... and find nothing. You give up and grab a bag of chips.

sade

... when you look for something to munch on and look in the fridge, find nothing... a few seconds later look in the fridge again to see if you missed something... and find nothing. You give up and grab a bag of chips.
Yup, especially if I'm on the phone.
I walk around, check the fridge. Nothing. Pace around some more, check the fridge. Wait.. did I check the fridge? And then grab something.
(And walk some more while talking, I can't stay still for some reason when on the phone.)

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
(And walk some more while talking, I can't stay still for some reason when on the phone.)

Me either! I pace like crazy! I can sit still pretty much any other time but on the phone I get so nervous....and it's almost like I have to walk around to keep my thoughts going so I'll know what to say next. It "keeps me on my toes", if you will. lol

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
I do the same thing! I get tons of housework done on the phone! If I sit too long, I get lost in my own thoughts and the person on the other end has to get my attention...I usually do this with my mother. She's quite a talker about nothing. I love when she's on her computer and talking to me on the phone and she verbalizes step by step what she is doing...something like this> click, type type type, hit enter, waiting for the confirmation...blah blah blah...

and now I have gone off on a tangent about my mother and gone completely off topic..my apologies :D

sade

^^ That's good to hear, I thought I was strange pacing around and doing the dishes etc. while simultaniously talking on the phone.

kmclaughlin, my mom does that too. But usually when she's asking me how to get the thing working. :D

G

Glycerine

This is not exactly the same thing as the telephone but when I'm sitting in class, I have to do something like continually nod my head, to pay attention to what the instructor is saying or I completely space out into my own world.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Almost 700 posts of INFJ based things and you don't do any of it?

That's okay, we haven't reached 1000.

I pace all the time too! Either while thinking or while talking on the phone.

During class, if I'm not engaged in whatever we're doing, I doodle abstract stuff. Mostly ribbons or gothy looking wireflowers.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Almost 700 posts of INFJ based things and you don't do any of it? :huh:
I was referring to the posts about having to be continually moving and doing other things while talking on the phone; I can easily remain pretty much motionless for hours on end, and when I talk on the phone, I rarely ever do anything else.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
you know you're INFJ when you can't stop thinking about love for one second
And you feel you're the only one who seems to care about it