• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
:yes:

You know you're and INFJ when you spent hours reading about what it's like to be and INFJ but you can't/don't want to post yet b/c you haven't finished reading the ENTIRE thread for fear that someone else already said the same thing and you don't want to look like an idiot.

I haven't posted in this thread yet simply for this reason. I hate redundancy. I think you just won this thread. :newwink:

V

violaine

I haven't posted in this thread yet simply for this reason. I hate redundancy. I think you just won this thread. :newwink:

^hehe I do too, BUT I love when INFJ freely express. It's like getting 'blood from a stone' sometimes. :)

sade

You know you're and INFJ when you spent hours reading about what it's like to be and INFJ but you can't/don't want to post yet b/c you haven't finished reading the ENTIRE thread for fear that someone else already said the same thing and you don't want to look like an idiot.
Bingo. Must stop doing that. :blush: :D

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
^hehe I do too, BUT I love when INFJ freely express. It's like getting 'blood from a stone' sometimes. :)

Yep, I hesitated posting here at first. I was a lurker for like a month. Buuuuuuut, I finally took the plunge.

And, yes, I'm trying my best to freely express and fight the urge to cancel my posts and silently observe. :shock:

This thread title should be changed to "INFJ Endless Stream of Consciousness."

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If anyone should be canceling their posts it's some of the INTPs and ENTPs here, not any of the INFJs, it would probably take a lot for one to get annoying.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
I just wish I could type as fast as my head threw thoughts. I know that's been discussed but it's seriously one thing that really bugs me about me. It keeps me from getting the point across or the feelings expressed and I end up just keeping my mouth shut.

Anyone ever try writing in a journal?? I love the idea and always start one with the intention of just letting my brain throw up on the page...but I never make it past the first page. I sit and think about what I want to write and if it's good enough to put on paper and end up writing about nothing that's actually wanting out. I get stage fright putting my own thoughts on paper. WTF is that? hehe

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
You know you're an INFJ when you find posting on this board is exhausting.

Maybe it's just me but I feel wayyyyy out of my element on a message board.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
It is exhausting! I've only been here 1 day...all day mind you...I'm trying to read and learn as much as I can...and I'm still feeling like I can't get to the level of everyone else here. Even if I never post again, I LOVE that I am not alone and I'm not wierd!!!!! :happy:

S

Sniffles

I just wish I could type as fast as my head threw thoughts. I know that's been discussed but it's seriously one thing that really bugs me about me. It keeps me from getting the point across or the feelings expressed and I end up just keeping my mouth shut.

Oh yes I can relate. In my blog, I lamented that only a small fraction of my thoughts ever see the light of day. There's a whole universe that other people simply don't get to see.

Anyone ever try writing in a journal?? I love the idea and always start one with the intention of just letting my brain throw up on the page...but I never make it past the first page. I sit and think about what I want to write and if it's good enough to put on paper and end up writing about nothing that's actually wanting out. I get stage fright putting my own thoughts on paper. WTF is that? hehe

I can relate. This is especially true with incidents in the past where if I left my thoughts on paper, somebody else would find them and read them and of course mock me for thinking such things. You know how kids are. :rolli:

I find that less to be a problem today, but still....I always seek to keep my journals and such under tight guard.

I can relate to your feelings of not being able to write in your journals because you think it isn't forth putting on paper. It's something you have to gradually get used to, and just think it doesn't have to be great writing per se. In all probability, the only person reading this stuff is you - or people you show it to. So writing formalities are nothing you should worry about too much.

Heck, I'll tell you this right now that many of my thoughts are written down quite randomly. I even draw arrows showing the proper order that they should be read in. The most important thing to keep in mind at that moment is to just simply get the thoughts down. You can rearrange as you go, or do it later. Just get the thoughts down.

And these thoughts can be several pages long, or simply just a paragraph or two. It is quite satisfying when you see something written down.

So don't force yourself, just let it come to you gradually. I find it amazing to go back and see first-hand the development of my thoughts over time.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
...and here I thought I had trust issues with the whole fear of someone reading what I actually wrote..I couldn't understand why it seemed I couldn't trust in some minor areas but was fine in trusting what really matters. I am typically a good judge of character and so trust comes easy to me..I'm rambling and I'm sure this post belongs elsewhere but I haven't a clue where....

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is exhausting! I've only been here 1 day...all day mind you...I'm trying to read and learn as much as I can...and I'm still feeling like I can't get to the level of everyone else here. Even if I never post again, I LOVE that I am not alone and I'm not wierd!!!!! :happy:

yeah...no...you're still weird :D

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
Thanks for the support Erin..I love you, too!

S

Sniffles

I don't know does this song strike any cords with any of you?
[youtube="s4QJFMOlzWw"]Beautiful Loser - Bob Seeger[/youtube]

He wants to dream like a young man
With the wisdom of an old man
He wants his home and security
He wants to live like a sailor at sea

Beautiful loser
Where you gonna fall?
When you realize, you just can't have it all

He's your oldest and your best friend
If you need him, he'll be there again
He's always willing to be second-best
A perfect lodger, a perfect guest

Beautiful loser
Read it on the wall
And realize
You just can't have it all

Ohh, ohh, can't have it all

You can try, you can try, but you can't have it all
oh yeah

He'll never make any enemies, enemies, no
He won't complain if he's caught in a freeze
He'll always ask, he'll always say please

Beautiful loser
Never take it all
'Cause it's easier
And faster when you fall

You just don't need it all
Just don't need it all

Personally, I can certainly relate to the first verse. :redface:

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
I can relate the the first and second verse but that's about it. Sure, I'd like to have it all, but I know there is no way for that to be possible. The chorus just doesn't fit to me.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know does this song strike any cords with any of you?

wow. that just totally killed my good mood. its sounds just like who I wanted to be (before being called a loser). :cry::(

whoever wrote that song is kind of a meanie

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I have the same problem. Either that or I forget to keep up with it. I've been thinking about starting a blog, but I never know if my life is ever interesting enough to record. I suspect I should start doing it, since I seem to forget everything so damn much. ;)

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
That song actually really strikes a cord with me. Like, it's almost perfect (with exception to maybe the "won't complain" part ;))
I have this issue with being a dreamer, sometimes. I want to do everything; I want to be everything; I want to try everything, at least once, just to see what it's like.
Unfortunately, I can't really do that...:(

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
You know you're an INFJ when you struggle to figure out how to open, close, or operate various "simple" contraptions. I don't know how many containers I've opened the wrong way, only to find out there was an easier way after the fact. :doh:

My Se really sucks sometimes. :blush: