• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

DestructoGirl30

MBTI Type
infj
I've spent the better part of the last hour reading the post on this thread. It was both amusing and insightful.

I'm new to the boards and I look forward to joining in the conversations.:hi:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're an INFJ when you spend hour after hour reading about what it's like to be an INFJ!

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You know you're an infj when you constantly think:
"If people really knew me, they wouldn't like me"
Basically, you feel a bit like a fraud.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
You know you're an INFJ when you spend hour after hour reading about what it's like to be an INFJ!

That's exactly what I did. My friends thought I was crazy, but I think that's only because they don't really get what it's like to finally understand all your little oddities >.>

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
That's exactly what I did. My friends thought I was crazy, but I think that's only because they don't really get what it's like to finally understand all your little oddities >.>

Just discovering the concept of introversion and that there are plenty of people with this preference was really life-changing for me.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Sometimes. But mostly I wonder if that's my avoidant relational tendencies talking as opposed to INFJness.

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when...a depressing song makes you feel alive, especially when you are depressed. Just watched Radiohead: in Rainbows. Wonderful concert if you can catch it on IFC.

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ

It's proven to be true. At least for me. I don't try anymore.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
This is a tentative one, and is probably true for other types:

you always hit the "preview post" button before submitting a post.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
You know you're an INFJ when...a depressing song makes you feel alive, especially when you are depressed. Just watched Radiohead: in Rainbows. Wonderful concert if you can catch it on IFC.

:yes:

"Videotape" does this for me. Wonderful lyrics.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

There's a preview post button?! :shock:

Must've got valued as ENFP unimportant :).

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

Actually, no; I usually just edit what I submit without previewing ^^;

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ

By the time i've planned out what i want to say and rereading it to see how it looks on paper, and then again just to make sure that there are no typos; I've already wasted so much time I get fed up and hit quick post!

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
At school when you hand in a copy the essay continues inside your head.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?

You know you're and INFJ when you spent hours reading about what it's like to be and INFJ but you can't/don't want to post yet b/c you haven't finished reading the ENTIRE thread for fear that someone else already said the same thing and you don't want to look like an idiot.

Lightyear

You know you're and INFJ when you spent hours reading about what it's like to be and INFJ but you can't/don't want to post yet b/c you haven't finished reading the ENTIRE thread for fear that someone else already said the same thing and you don't want to look like an idiot.

Exactly. And if you are new in a forum you at first only read other people's posts until it occurs to you that you could also write something and your opinions don't just need to stay in your head.

S

Sniffles

Stop reading my mind you dirty pervert. :tongue: ;)

V

violaine

^Hmm I think this thread could double as a 'safe-place' for INFJ, we all seem to struggle with ever-refining our thoughts before posting. *taxing* Hence if you don't know if it may have been said you could still write whatever you want imho... I'm sure it would just start a cascade of recognition :)

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
Exactly. And if you are new in a forum you at first only read other people's posts until it occurs to you that you could also write something and your opinions don't just need to stay in your head.

YES! Exactly so....I think I've typed 5 or 6 posts and have deleted them all!!! I can't speak until I know what the hell I'm talking about :D