• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

S

Sniffles

You transform yourself to be like your role-models

You draw inspiration from the people and the environment around you

LOL! yes that's true.

You internalize criticisms because you are driven to view yourself from whatever vantage point produced the criticism. Then you start questioning whether your own vantage point or the other person's is more valid, or if they are in fact equal. Next you start philosophizing about what the self is and what boundaries do and do not exist between people which leaves you feeling ironically isolated for connecting to everything including the negativity. :huh:

:( Too true.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
You can't deny the feeling you have inside that there is meaning behind all parts of everyday life. The past isn't a dull and dark abyss, but a lighthouse that shines light on the future.

G

Glycerine

You have to research everything to make up your mind about something but once it's made up... watch out... someone must have a darn good logical explanation to change your mind.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
^^ Ha, yeah. I don't like not knowing what I'm talking about; if I get feelings about something, I'll research it, so I can really back up my side and become an unstoppable force of wisdom and insight!
Or, that's the theory, anyways :B

G

Glycerine

^^ Ha, yeah. I don't like not knowing what I'm talking about; if I get feelings about something, I'll research it, so I can really back up my side and become an unstoppable force of wisdom and insight!
Or, that's the theory, anyways :B

Most definitely. Btw, kudos on you for sticking to your argument on the flip flopping types thread for so long. ;)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I agree with the above posts. I'm not afraid to say "I don't have an informed opinion at this point in time".

B

ByMySword

So Meta and I were having a conversation today about INFJs and we came to the conclusion that an INFJ was a combination of an ENFP and an INTJ.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
^haha yes that sounds about right. My roomate is an ENFJ and its really cool to see the similarities/ differences. just the other day i was thinking about rearranging the room, and today he asked me if we could :hug: (off topic haha)

You internalize criticisms because you are driven to view yourself from whatever vantage point produced the criticism. Then you start questioning whether your own vantage point or the other person's is more valid, or if they are in fact equal. Next you start philosophizing about what the self is and what boundaries do and do not exist between people which leaves you feeling ironically isolated for connecting to everything including the negativity. :huh:

yes yes so true. Or you are thinking about something 100% random like spaghetti sauce, and somehow your internal dialogue travels to something like the self or the meaning of existance. sigh. and its lovely trying to explain this to someone.

you know you're an INFJ when someone asks you what your thinking and you tell them nothing because you know they can't handle it :cool:

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
you know you're an INFJ when someone asks you what your thinking and you tell them nothing because you know they can't handle it :cool:

The story of my life!

Well, it's either they can't handle it, or it takes too much background information to help the arrive to a point where they would understand.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

More like...I say nothing because I don't even know what it was I was thinking about. I mean, I did know...1 nanosecond before the question was asked, but now that I'm focused, I don't recall what it was even about. If I do remember, I happily tell person asking, because I'm so glad I didn't forget!

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
More like...I say nothing because I don't even know what it was I was thinking about. I mean, I did know...1 nanosecond before the question was asked, but now that I'm focused, I don't recall what it was even about. If I do remember, I happily tell person asking, because I'm so glad I didn't forget!

:huh: Spot on...I don't know how many times I've replied with 'nothing' only because I've just been interrupted...and what I had been thinking about so deeply flew the coop like a baby bird..it was there..honestly...I just can't remember what 'it' had been. :blush:

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Okay, so I was sitting in bed last night, and I was thinking, and I came up with this metaphoric scenario:

INFJs are like rearranged rubik's cubes. In regards with our relationships with people, everyone is likely to fall one of three categories:

The 1st type is really bad at trying to figure it out. They work at it for a while, trying to solve the puzzle and make it clear, but after a while they give up or just leave it as is. Occasionally, they may go back and try again, but they never really get it without instructions (and sometimes not even then).
The 2nd type is excellent. They can figure it out very easily, and can see right through us quickly, or at least quicker than most. However, there are very few people that fall in this category, and they might have a tendency to take their ability for granted or move on quickly.
The 3rd type of people aren't as naturally inclined as the 2nd, but they take a genuine interest in figuring it out. They work on it, sometimes for a long time, until they figure it out, and they actually enjoy the challenge. Even when they figured it out, it's likely they will still keep warm feelings about the game; they keep it around and are always up for any challenge it throws at them. Eventually, they get better and better, but they always keep the game at heart, at least a little bit.

As a rubik's cube, I associate best with type 3.
</random whimsical analogy>

G

Glycerine

Okay, so I was sitting in bed last night, and I was thinking, and I came up with this metaphoric scenario:

INFJs are like rearranged rubik's cubes. In regards with our relationships with people, everyone is likely to fall one of three categories:

The 1st type is really bad at trying to figure it out. They work at it for a while, trying to solve the puzzle and make it clear, but after a while they give up or just leave it as is. Occasionally, they may go back and try again, but they never really get it without instructions (and sometimes not even then).
The 2nd type is excellent. They can figure it out very easily, and can see right through us quickly, or at least quicker than most. However, there are very few people that fall in this category, and they might have a tendency to take their ability for granted or move on quickly.
The 3rd type of people aren't as naturally inclined as the 2nd, but they take a genuine interest in figuring it out. They work on it, sometimes for a long time, until they figure it out, and they actually enjoy the challenge. Even when they figured it out, it's likely they will still keep warm feelings about the game; they keep it around and are always up for any challenge it throws at them. Eventually, they get better and better, but they always keep the game at heart, at least a little bit.

As a rubik's cube, I associate best with type 3.
</random whimsical analogy>

What an interesting way to look at things. I've never thought about that. It would facinating to do a little survey of the people we know.

On a different note, you are an INFJ when you get energy from being a room full of people but then you crash and burn afterwards.

G

Glycerine

So Meta and I were having a conversation today about INFJs and we came to the conclusion that an INFJ was a combination of an ENFP and an INTJ.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Yes, that definitely makes sense.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
On a different note, you are an INFJ when you get energy from being a room full of people but then you crash and burn afterwards.

This is why I avoid parties unless it's a family gathering... :blush: But get togethers from time to time are so much fun...

You know you're an INFJ when you sit in your room making metaphorical connections using Rubik's Cube type associations... :yes: [*lol* I :wub: you, gloomy, honestly-- I rather liked that metaphor...I'm trying to determine which type I associate with...if I made a guess, I'd say most commonly type 3, on occasion, type 2.]

G

Glycerine

In what way?

well from the cognitive function pov, it makes no sense. However, INFJs sometimes can come off very extraverted and I've read that INFJs seem to be one of the least judging out of the J's and sometimes come off NTish (analytical) when trying to approach a problem. This is what I have gathered from this forum and other sites but it would take me awhile to find it. Please don't take what I'm saying on this too seriously. It seems flawed in logic so I'm not quite sure anymore :) I need to re-think it.