• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

B

ByMySword

You're able to see the good qualities in people you hate.

OR another way to say it is

you can dislike someone that you admittedly know is a "good person" or a "nice guy".

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I don't really have that issue. I find it difficult to really dislike anyone, actually, because I see that good in people >.>

B

ByMySword

I don't really have that issue. I find it difficult to really dislike anyone, actually, because I see that good in people >.>

People don't ever annoy you? :huh:

Wish I had your tolerance. :doh:

Edit: Also thats strange, too. INFJs are usually so skeptical of everyone. It would seem like a natural inclination for us to not like people in general. Even if we can see the good in them. lol

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
People annoy me at times, sure. But I don't dislike them. I'm generally pretty tolerant :D
I just don't really get close to people. I tolerate them, and that's about it, unless they attempt to get to know me more. Then we become friends...but we're still not that close.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Same here. The only person who's ever annoyed me is my little brother when he was younger.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You're able to see the good qualities in people you hate.

OR another way to say it is

you can dislike someone that you admittedly know is a "good person" or a "nice guy".

:coffee: same here, and I also see the bad in the people I love.
I do tend to think people are out to get me (enneagram 6w4 if that existed so ya know:tongue:)

Lotr246

You can do a lot with a small amount of information, finding the meaning no one else can see. You see the world in a grain of sand.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Ha, yeah. The worst part is half the time you don't even know that you're doing it :B

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
You think of several 'you know you're an INFJ if...' points to post while at work, and by the time you've come home...this is the only thing you can think of.

B

ByMySword

You think of several "You know you're an INFJ when....." points at school, work, or out with friends and by the time you get home you've forgotten them all!!!! :doh:

Evi

MBTI Type
INFJ
People don't ever annoy you? :huh:

Wish I had your tolerance. :doh:

Edit: Also thats strange, too. INFJs are usually so skeptical of everyone. It would seem like a natural inclination for us to not like people in general. Even if we can see the good in them. lol

People annoy me at times, sure. But I don't dislike them. I'm generally pretty tolerant :D
I just don't really get close to people. I tolerate them, and that's about it, unless they attempt to get to know me more. Then we become friends...but we're still not that close.

Well, people annoy me... a lot sometimes, I do dislike them and avoid them if I can. I have a bit of a problem with people that are "too happy" Sounds horrible, but I perceive it as being utterly and completely fake, it's irritating when you're in my face with your rainbows and unicorns. (Shudder).

Although I do see the good in people (even the irritating ones) leading to questions from my family about certain friendships.

I don't get close to people either...

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
You think of several "You know you're an INFJ when....." points at school, work, or out with friends and by the time you get home you've forgotten them all!!!! :doh:

:blush: Ha ha someone else to empathize with, I see!

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
You get read a thread titled "You know you're an INFJ if..." and then you actually really think about it at home, work, school....

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I wonder if these two statements are related. I think they are for me. People whom I see annoying pretty much everyone else, don't bother me at all. I don't know that it is a virtue, but it has to do with the vantage point from which I view people. When someone annoys others or are in conflict in some way, they become interesting to me. I want to understand why they are at odds with other people. There is always cause and effect and we cannot typically "hate what we understand". Letting go of personal assumptions is often the first step towards empathy and understanding. I start to examine the person from their vantage point best I can and continue to build a hypothesis. I feel a continual lack of resolution because I also acknowledge that it is not possible to ever fully understand another person. It is a continual process of analysis and shared experience, even if only through imagination. In one way I join myself to others intimately, but at the same time I am observing them from a safe distance from which it is almost impossible to affect me. These polar opposites of empathy and observation form a core aspect of both my understanding and way of experiencing life. It produces my extremes of joy and pain as well.

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm curious. Do you like classical? Whether you do, or not, kind of changes the question, for me at least.

Yes, I enjoy it. It's something I listen to if I need to relax or if I'm driving my cat to the vet. ;) Now, it's not my favorite genre of music but I appreciate it and it's probably my top 3 pick. I think the fact that my floormates despise it so much makes me love it even more. :wubbie: Odd, I know.

S

Sniffles

You turn on the classical radio station in the community bathroom so you can have the bathroom all to yourself while you shower...?

Does the radio at work count? I can't think of anything better than that - having to work on something by yourself while listening to Classical music.

I can't concentrate or work fully with the standard shit they usually have on. Although shipping often has Classic rock on, which I enjoy, but I hardly deal with them during my shift.

You think of several 'you know you're an INFJ if...' points to post while at work, and by the time you've come home...this is the only thing you can think of.

Please don't remind me. :cry:

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
Yes, I enjoy it. It's something I listen to if I need to relax or if I'm driving my cat to the vet. ;) Now, it's not my favorite genre of music but I appreciate it and it's probably my top 3 pick. I think the fact that my floormates despise it so much makes me love it even more. :wubbie: Odd, I know.

OK, I can relate to that. Especially the part about being odd :D

S

Sniffles

Well, people annoy me... a lot sometimes, I do dislike them and avoid them if I can. I have a bit of a problem with people that are "too happy" Sounds horrible, but I perceive it as being utterly and completely fake, it's irritating when you're in my face with your rainbows and unicorns. (Shudder).

Yeah you often have to resist the urge to punch those people in the face.

Concerning people in general, I guess my attitude is similar to that of the famous INFJ Fyodr Dostoevsky: I love humanity but hate individuals. And by contrast, I can also hate a particular group but still love a particular individual from that group. Ahhh paradoxes! :D