• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
Do you ever, after movies, pretend it's real for a little while afterwards? Just inside your head. You know...you go see something epic and adventurous and you come out of the theater thinking that it all happened to you for a few hours. Do all people do this?

I do it. I do it when I read, too. I used to think everyone did it, but I'm becoming convinced that they don't. It's why I feel so outraged when someone interrupts my book or movie: they're ruining my world! And yet I've noticed that many other people don't seem to have such strong reactions.

Once I was reading an emotional novel and, without thinking, I was suddenly one of the characters, feeling and saying what they felt and said. It wasn't until my german shepherd stuck her face between mine and the book and licked my nose that I realized I'd been muttering and my face was wet with tears.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You're quite vindictive underneath all your "fuzzyness", if someone hurts you, you're not going to play victim. You're going to get them back twice as hard and with not a single ounce of pity :devil:!!!!

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You're quite vindictive underneath all your "fuzzyness", if someone hurts you, you're not going to play victim. You're going to get them back twice as hard and with not a single ounce of pity :devil:!!!!

Depends on how bad it is. Usually, I end up feeling guilty and don't do it, despite my intense desire to do something really bad to the other person.

But there was that one time I had to literally clean up shit on the last day of my job right before my lunch break--some poor woman's bowels exploded in the bathroom. I told management about it, since it was company policy for a manager to handle cleaning bodily fluids as having a newbie like me might pose a health hazard. But they just looked at me like I was some lazy chump (lazy...HA! I worked harder than anyone around me!) and told me to clean it up myself. It didn't help that the week before some guy threw up in the breakroom and I had to clean it up then right before I went home...the stupid idiot who threw up couldn't be bothered to do it himself. (And just remembering this is making me so angry all over again. :doh:) Well, I did clean it up (none of the other people would and I just couldn't leave the bathroom like that), but not without a constant stream of tears and expletives while doing so. I had every intention of walking out and never saying a word to them ever again. Actually, I did walk out and I did walk home and I did not want to talk with their sorry asses again, but my mother scolded me for what I considered bravery and audacity and promptly told me to call them back and call in sick because I "didn't want to burn that bridge". Even though I did want to...I wanted to watch that sucker burn to ash.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"You know you're an INFJ when..."

...someone violates your trust, sense of moral compass, or a dearly held principle and you write them off the face of the earth and never look back.

Word. We're so effin gangster that way.

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ

...someone violates your trust, sense of moral compass, or a dearly held principle and you write them off the face of the earth and never look back.

True dat. I didn't when I was little...I'd avoid them out of fear of retaliation. Now that I'm an adult, I can make my own decisions so I wondered why I was wasting so much of my time and said, "Screw 'em!"

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP

:yes:, I did that a few times. They were all a bit fanatical I noticed and had issues with sexuality.:shock:

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ

+1

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. I just read through all of that (haha Really makes the INFP version of this thread look skimpy.) My best friend is an INFJ and I had to giggle because so much of this sounds like her. She's just so awesome and I love her to death. :)

Lotr246

Do you agree with these?

Common social roles
The poet who becomes enamored of expressing his idiosyncratic vision of life, taking no interest in the quotidian affairs of man.

The survivor who, by maintaining good relations with all factions simultaneously, always survives political or corporate upheavals.

The good-natured tag-along who likes to be attached to groups and provides constant comic relief.

The gambler who takes your money but leaves walking away with a smile because of his good natured banter.

This is from a socionics website describing the INFp, which has the same functions as a MBTI INFJ: Intuitive ethical introvert - Wikisocion

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
^^ I relate a bit to a few of them, but it's not a deep-rooted agreement. Socially, that could describe me. Emotionally, spiritually, and in depth, not especially.
I do agree with the tag-along and the survivor, a bit with the poet, I suppose. But that's very much a "surface" thing.

Although, I have to say, I was really kind of taken aback when I read the Wikisocion article. I've been trying to come to terms with why I get so easily stressed and how to kind of change that, and it really hit the nail on the head.
I like reading about our strengths, but reading about weaknesses really helps clarify myself on a much wider basis.
So thanks for the link! :D

Lotr246

Did you look at the INFj too, which is the MBTI INFP. Do you find any agreement with those descriptions of social roles and functions? Also, if you read the subtypes on the EII profile, the Intuitive subtype sounds like an INFJ? Something doesn't seem to fit. Any thoughts on this?

Ethical intuitive introvert - Wikisocion

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I think I associate more with the INFp on a deeper level. A few things ring true, but not as much as the blocks of the INFp...
I guess it might just be the social roles; the more I think about it, the more they seem to fit, though. Maybe I just don't think of my "social role" very often; who knows?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think I associate more with the INFp on a deeper level. A few things ring true, but not as much as the blocks of the INFp...
I guess it might just be the social roles; the more I think about it, the more they seem to fit, though. Maybe I just don't think of my "social role" very often; who knows?

It might be because they (social roles thing) just sound retarded the way they're written, but the general point of what its saying is pretty accurate.

I found more things seeming accurate, for me anyway, in the INFp article than the INFj one. I especially liked...how my irritation with the idea of business management and all the other annoying logistical parts of life was explained and why I always feel muzzy-headed when trying to deal with it (though I still need to find out how to solve that problem).

I didn't like the whole "mystical and dreamy" description for Ni. And contrarily, I can be very practical. Perhaps it's just that I don't show that part to other people. I think that INFJ or INFP? website explained it somewhere. Where when I think of an idea, Ni, Se kicks in and tries to make it real, which is where I become a practical person. I guess, aside from that, "dreamy" could be accurate though it leaves me with a foul taste in my mouth--I keep imagining some 70s highschool girl going "He's sooo dreamy!!!" and then I want to vomit.

Edit: Oh yeah and what's with all the goofy arse pages linked to the article. Like the one for subtypes is okay. But the Male/Female one is horribly translated ("Face in it is childlishly tender, and it is worthwhile for it to be flooded by lung and ringing as bell by laughter, it becomes touching- merry" I LOL'd at that though) and the Domain page, while silly and funny, seems like it shouldn't even belong there.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
^^ Exactly. Although I don't like some of the ways it describes things, it does seem to be fairly accurate.

Lotr246

You have a pretty good memory, except you can't remember the details of events probably because your mind wasn't all there at that moment.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
And you have problems remembering numerical facts and things like that because you can't associate them with anything; if you can remember something because it ties in with something else, then it will stick. If it's just a random, free-floating number, then it will not.

Lotr246

After everyone is done considering a topic, you seem to take it one step further.

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
Alright, here goes nothing.

You turn on the classical radio station in the community bathroom so you can have the bathroom all to yourself while you shower...?

You go over a conversation you had with a group of people after the fact and while "watching the video" in your head, you remember seeing/hearing something you hadn't noticed before (like someone's body language or voice inflection or comment) so you have to go back and add that into your analysis of the conversation...?

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK

You turn on the classical radio station in the community bathroom so you can have the bathroom all to yourself while you shower...?

You go over a conversation you had with a group of people after the fact and while "watching the video" in your head, you remember seeing/hearing something you hadn't noticed before (like someone's body language or voice inflection or comment) so you have to go back and add that into your analysis of the conversation...?

I'm curious. Do you like classical? Whether you do, or not, kind of changes the question, for me at least.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

To add a step, you come up with the ultimate argument....after you're done with it. The video always plays out so much better in your head.