• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Lotr246

You are aware of the other possibilities, and yet, you dismiss them because that would mean changing your whole position on a topic.

You sometimes draw a blank during conversations, while other times you're as eloquent as they come.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
You are aware of the other possibilities, and yet, you dismiss them because that would mean changing your whole position on a topic.

You sometimes draw a blank during conversations, while other times you're as eloquent as they come.

both so true.

I think that people (especially in political topics) dont want to change their minds because they grew up with those ideas. And if its especially close to their hearts; like their whole purpose in life, they'd rather die than admit being wrong because theyd have no reason to live.

hope that made sense

Lotr246

both so true.

I think that people (especially in political topics) dont want to change their minds because they grew up with those ideas. And if its especially close to their hearts; like their whole purpose in life, they'd rather die than admit being wrong because theyd have no reason to live.

hope that made sense

Yeah, it does make sense. Although, I sometimes see it more as, "I'm right, and everyone else should see it too." Do you agree with the drawing a blank thing during conversations? You know you have something to say, but when you actually say it, you start to hear yourself and can't focus on what you were trying to say next. I do that all the time. :blush: Didn't know if it was an INFJ thing, or not.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you agree with the drawing a blank thing during conversations? You know you have something to say, but when you actually say it, you start to hear yourself and can't focus on what you were trying to say next. I do that all the time. :blush: Didn't know if it was an INFJ thing, or not.

Yeah, I do that about 25% of the time when I'm trying to explain an idea. I've said this elsewhere before, but, sometimes what I want to say will fly out of my head and I'll completely forget what I was talking about. Most of the time, though, I just lose track of the point I was trying to make and ramble on until I remember what it was.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah, it does make sense. Although, I sometimes see it more as, "I'm right, and everyone else should see it too." Do you agree with the drawing a blank thing during conversations? You know you have something to say, but when you actually say it, you start to hear yourself and can't focus on what you were trying to say next. I do that all the time. :blush: Didn't know if it was an INFJ thing, or not.

I relate to that a lot. And I cannot remember names for the life of me; I forgot my roommate's name today. I LIVE WITH HER.
Has anyone ever just kind of....trailed off? Like, not even really forgetting, just a pause in the middle of the conversation.
And I have a tendency to look around when I'm thinking quickly about something, especially if I'm elaborating on something; often times, I'll focus on a point in the distance without realizing it. My sister says it makes me look really spacey...

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
Usually if I'm having a discussion with someone on a controversial topic and they bring up a point I've never considered, I'll admit I don't know, then I'll go look it up or buy a book about it and try to get back with them.

Yep, I'm always drawing a blank. It usually happens when I'm put on the spot or rushed. I tend to trail off more when I'm discussing something I'm passionate about because I get so into it that my thoughts can't keep up with my mouth. lol I've noticed I have a hard time keeping eye contact when I talk with someone for a long period of time. It's almost as if I'm looking around in my brain. lol I don't know.

G

Glycerine

Do any of you tend to remember people's birthdays from or conversations with people from a few years back?

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Do any of you tend to remember people's birthdays from or conversations with people from a few years back?

ONLY if I really embedded that in my brain first. It takes a lot to sear a date in my mind, but once it's in, it sticks for a while.

S

Sniffles

Usually if I'm having a discussion with someone on a controversial topic and they bring up a point I've never considered, I'll admit I don't know, then I'll go look it up or buy a book about it and try to get back with them.

Yes this is me all the time.

littledarling

MBTI Type
INFJ
you pick up traits and mannerisms of people you have been around too long

you talk about the epiphanies you've had

Yes! Both of these are so true for me. After spending a lot of time with someone I have to get away and get a bearing on who I am, otherwise I fear that I'll just turn into a carbon copy of them.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
You order a meal from McDonald's, pay for it, then walk away without remembering to actually get the food because you're daydreaming about yoga class.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Or better yet, you leave just random things where they don't belong because you're too preoccupied to remember them :D

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I do that all the time.

I actually do it a lot with things like my shoes :D
I'll take my shoes off absentmindedly in another person's dorm room, then I'll walk away without them and forget where I left them; I have to search through like 7 rooms to find where I left them sometimes.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I actually do it a lot with things like my shoes :D
I'll take my shoes off absentmindedly in another person's dorm room, then I'll walk away without them and forget where I left them; I have to search through like 7 rooms to find where I left them sometimes.

Funny. I take an SP approach to it (from...this thread). I always put them in the same place because then I will be able to create a visual and phsycial memory of where the object is. Like my keys. They always go in the main pocket of my bag, my bed, or my desk. Nowhere else. If I am ever in question as to where they are, I can check those places and odds are they will be there.

Though I sometimes don't put them there, and when that happens I panic a little bit and then remember to just do all the physical motions I was doing at the time in reverse and I can usually remember what happened.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Funny. I take an SP approach to it (from...this thread). I always put them in the same place because then I will be able to create a visual and phsycial memory of where the object is. Like my keys. They always go in the main pocket of my bag, my bed, or my desk. Nowhere else. If I am ever in question as to where they are, I can check those places and odds are they will be there.

Though I sometimes don't put them there, and when that happens I panic a little bit and then remember to just do all the physical motions I was doing at the time in reverse and I can usually remember what happened.

Lol, yeah; I have places for all my other stuff. For the most part, anyways; but that's why it's usually just my shoes I lose.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
Notice the insane characters seem to know what's really going on and and nobody else does until it's too late? Yes, soylent green really is people.

!!
Sad but true.

I've always wondered about that. Why does the mainstream gratefully accept weirdo's, geeks, nutjobs, paranoiacs, ...as the hero or savior in movies, while at the same time couldn't care less about them in real life..

You order a meal from McDonald's, pay for it, then walk away without remembering to actually get the food because you're daydreaming about yoga class.

yeah. or worse cash machines.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're INFJ when you get sudden bursts of extreme affection for someone or something, rather than a semi-constant stream

....and it usually occurs when they're not there, and you spam them with loving messages/emails/etc and they're like "what the hell...?"

LOL! So true!

It used to freak out my ISFJ mom when I was little, but my ENFJ dad adored it.