• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you fill in sections of sentences with bizarre, emotive noises because you can't express what you want to say in words.

Then everyone laughs, but you were really trying to get something across!!

Yes yes yes! :yes:

A slightly related story:
An ENTP friend called me and said: "Sorry I'm late, but I had to go to the toilet because: 20 seconds of imitated sounds". It was weirdly hilarious, because it was an utterly unexpected reason, so politically incorrect way to tell it and also a sign of him adapting my communicative style (that is, using expressive sounds instead of words).

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
Your INTJ significant other demands on a daily basis that you grow some balls

and thats when I tell them I already have some but they dont have a soul :)

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You know you're an infj when you always feel "elsewhere" or seem constantly lost in though and people think you're innocent or the devil incarnate. You can't be "normal" in their eyes, there is basically no middle ground on a "first impression".(Really it doesn't vary much until someone gets to know you "thoroughly".)

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Um. Fun sometimes. But his complete opposite-ness is confounding. Other times is like what planet did you come here from? Oh yea pluto. I love him to death tho.

And try and explain to your ENTJ policeman (sergeant) father why you dont want to do something he told you to do. It doesnt get very far and usually ends with me in tears and him yelling :cry::steam:

I love jazz hands and I love touch. It just has this electricity to it that means so much to me :). One of my friends used to touch your arm if he was talking at dinner and was saying something important. It really made the connection more powerful and caring. I wished all people (especially men) hugged eachother instead of handshakes. there wouldn't be as many problems in the world! :D:D:D

My best friend is ESTP, and it definitely keeps things interesting. There are times where I don't know how to take him, but yeah. :D

My sister and I are planning on making a studio together. I'm the artist; she's the management. And let's just say that she takes that position seriously a lot of the time, if you know what I mean...
And she hates when I talk about MBTI around her. She thinks I'm over-analyzing her, and it really pisses her off :D

I think the world would be better if everyone could touch each other in a compassionate rather than with hidden implications...
There's too many people that touch in a way that says "I want git with ya." That's intimidating to me, I guess; when I trust someone beyond that, a warm affectionate touch is really nice~

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
You know you're an infj when you always feel "elsewhere" or seem constantly lost in though and people think you're innocent or the devil incarnate. You can't be "normal" in their eyes, there is basically no middle ground on a "first impression".(Really it doesn't vary much until someone gets to know you "thoroughly".)

People either think I'm massively crazy or really quiet when they first meet me. And yeah, there's rarely much of a middle ground :D

V

violaine

People either think I'm massively crazy or really quiet when they first meet me. And yeah, there's rarely much of a middle ground :D

+1 Hehe. Regardless, it always seems to come as a surprise when the alternate side of yourself presents.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Yes. And it gives me a thrill to completely ruin their image of me by presenting my "opposite." It's a good way to weed out who accepts you for you. I've lost "friends" because I went from appearing innocent and silly to saying something incredibly lewd/gross/morbid and suddenly becoming this unsavoury character to them. It's unfortunate. And it hurts. I've tried to learn from them and a) not present another side of myself so suddenly, b) not judge anyone because of something unexpected they do/say.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Yes. And it gives me a thrill to completely ruin their image of me by presenting my "opposite." It's a good way to weed out who accepts you for you. I've lost "friends" because I went from appearing innocent and silly to saying something incredibly lewd/gross/morbid and suddenly becoming this unsavoury character to them. It's unfortunate. And it hurts. I've tried to learn from them and a) not present another side of myself so suddenly, b) not judge anyone because of something unexpected they do/say.

Perfectly true for me, too! I have a HARD side (I can really chew people out :frown: and be completely detached from the situation), a gross side (I can talk about nearly anything comfortably.... just need to figure out what other people can handle.) and then the apparently cute/innocent side.

Though reading this thread I wonder if I have any F at all. I cant read people in the slightest and the personality 'vibe' feels extremely watered down. Though.... I guess it might just be adolescence. Really the only thing I don't connect with is anything with acutely reading people. Practice Makes Perfect situation?

I gotta be an F though, being a T just sounds dry and horrible! :D

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when...

-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...a song that your itunes play-counter claims you've listened to 3957 times

-you see connections between radically different things

-your wardrobe is all black, but your shoes are colorful

-you are one of three people at a Swedish film festival

-you wonder if you will ever see the one you are infatuated with again

-you live in a neighborhood with art, trees, books, and music

-you understand the nature of people but don't know how to be with them

-you know what's around the corner before everyone else does

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating

-you are attuned to absurdity in the most mundane thing, and may burst out laughing uncontrollably at the absolute wrong moment. No one else gets the joke

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams

-you can't inhabit an environment that is unaesthetically pleasing for too long

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...a song that your itunes play-counter claims you've listened to 3957 times

-you live in a neighborhood with art, trees, books, and music Totally will once I move out :D

-you know what's around the corner before everyone else does Usually thats just before and I dont recognize the feeling until it happens. Hindsight 20/20

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating

-you are attuned to absurdity in the most mundane thing, and may burst out laughing uncontrollably at the absolute wrong moment. No one else gets the joke

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams

Bold is true to a T or at least mostly. Italics are somewhat, and everything else isn't me as far as I can tell.

Sorry if I'm not contributing much to the thread. When I come up with something, though... ;)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

w00t! I'm an INFJ :D

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP

-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...a song that your itunes play-counter claims you've listened to 3957 times:yes:

-you see connections between radically different things:yes:

-you are one of three people at a Swedish film festival:huh:, never been there but I come from a tiny country that no one knows of so it's the same feeling.

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating (ahem that one I'm not so sure of, I think there's much more to people.)

-you are attuned to absurdity in the most mundane thing, and may burst out laughing uncontrollably at the absolute wrong moment. No one else gets the joke:D

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams:yes:

-you can't inhabit an environment that is unaesthetically pleasing for too long:yes:

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it:1377:, actually...I don't know what I want, see what habitual people pleasing did to me?:azdaja:

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Don't try you're gonna hurt yourself ;), we're a bigger in size but we're really insignificant.

G

Glycerine

-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...a song that your itunes play-counter claims you've listened to 3957 times :nice:

-you see connections between radically different things :nice:

-you wonder if you will ever see the one you are infatuated with again- was like that for a long time.

-you understand the nature of people but don't know how to be with them-somewhat like that

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating -sometimes

-you are attuned to absurdity in the most mundane thing, and may burst out laughing uncontrollably at the absolute wrong moment. No one else gets the joke :nice:

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams-somewhat

-you can't inhabit an environment that is unaesthetically pleasing for too long :nice:
-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it-somewhat

Most of these were true for me to a certain degree.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Don't try you're gonna hurt yourself ;), we're a bigger in size but we're really insignificant.

Canada! *ducks*

Though reading this thread I wonder if I have any F at all. I cant read people in the slightest and the personality 'vibe' feels extremely watered down. Though.... I guess it might just be adolescence. Really the only thing I don't connect with is anything with acutely reading people. Practice Makes Perfect situation?

I gotta be an F though, being a T just sounds dry and horrible! :D

I dunno. Supposedly INFJs are the most similar to Ts in thinking style of the NFs.

I think the reading people thing is a more unconscious process. For exmaple, when talking to someone, I'm aware that I'm trying to read between the lines of what they say and how they're saying it to find out what other things this person could be thinking (and thus unconsciously suggesting). Unfortunately, this is rather unhelpful, when I need to be focusing on what the person is actually saying. I know the main reason I look for these things is because I know that I end up suggesting related thoughts without really intending to while discussing a topic.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've always wanted to have an INFJ manning up session for the ones I know. I just wanted to rent some big six foot eight black dude, have them start a fight with the INFJ and then take a dive after messing up the INFJ a little to make it seem real.

Nah forget it, you guys will probably ask the guy if he is alright after you think you kicked his ass.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
When people are talking I don't listen exactly to the words either or I just add them to the end of my equation.
This goes from the clues most unlikely to be wrong to the most likely ones. Basically If someone seems to be dishonest I first take a good look at their posture afterwards their body language then tone followed by the "phrasing" of the words. These ones rarely lie in my opinion and they betray people very easily and finally I add the words a bit later. I sometimes stare a bit at people a bit too long during the process so end up looking either extremely slow or unfriendly.
Usually it works but it's not infallible.
Nah man, not canadian.(Haha this is fun, people will never find out :laugh:)

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
Reading between the lines? Yes. What is actually said has less value to me than what is said. I just wish I didn't have to focus on it so much in my relationships with others. It turns me off those individuals because ultimately they seem fake.