• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

V

violaine

With the way it's filled with BS in the kersey description I highly doubted being infj..
I mean they talk about nfs and especially infjs as if they were angels or "psychics" o_O...Didn't it strike you as a bit ahem "sugary"?

It possibly is? It certainly seems a bit rapturous on his part but I really identified with most of it (not saying I'm psychic or angelic). This is where I think enneagram type is useful as I think there are different flavors of INFJs...

You know you're INFJ if your sense of humour seems to involve quite a bit of bantering. IMHO, bantering is perhaps one of the funniest forms of humour, a world without banter is simply a world not worth living in.

+1 I don't want to live in a world w/o banter!!

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
It possibly is? It certainly seems a bit rapturous on his part but I really identified with most of it (not saying I'm psychic or angelic). This is where I think enneagram type is useful as I think there are different flavors of INFJs...
Me too(or else I wouldn't have even considered being infj)but I rely on hummerow's, it's a bit "truer". That one fit me way better.:yes:

G

Glycerine

Sorry i didn't mean to imply that INFJs were any way better than everyone else. However, I have always had a hard time relating to others beyond a superficial level. So from that, I thought there were probably fewer people with INFJ preferences compared to many of the other types.

When I first read Keirsey's description, I didn't think it fit me that well and it was too romanticized. After researching many of the other types on the internet for a couple months, INFJ seemed to be the best fit.

V

violaine

Sorry i didn't mean to imply that INFJs were any way better than everyone else.

Aww I don't think you did at all! haha p.s. I would so write something like that too if I'd thought I'd done that :D

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I relate to a lot of the things they talk about with INFJs...but then, a lot of the sugary stuff seems almost too much.
I mean, sure I'm a humanitarian and gore makes me sick....but I can also be sarcastic and grumpy and have a twisted sense of humor.
INFJ is definitely my type; I've doubted several times and it always came back to that. But it does present some difficult standards sometimes...it almost seems hard to live up to :/

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I think I saw percentages of Types and INFJ and INTJ were the rarest.

This is especially the case if you are a male INFJ or a female INTJ.

The cruel Irony? Im an INFJ, and my sister is an INTJ

Which brings me to a question: how is your (all of you) family divided up?

-My mom's actually an INFJ too :) Although she is a bit balanced on the I/E side.
-My dad's IxxJ, and I think he's more T, but I'm really not that sure about him; he's pretty balanced, and I don't think he'd be into taking the test :B
-My twin (fraternal) sister's ENTJ. We get along well, but there's occasional hitches :/

INFJ*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
You realized how attached you really were to that person, only when it's too late.

hideki

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok. Another note about the japanese people. The other day I was in my school's library and I sat next to a japense girl. I started checking some stuff on the internet and she saw my screen and just bursted out laughing for no reason. was weird

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
My mothers an INFJ too. So glad for that lol.
My sister is an INTJ (we get along well) and my dad is an ENTJ (so many fights)
My brother is the black sheep of sorts, being ESTP.

Being twin brothers we always have been so opposite its not even funny. He tells me im no fun to be around and my friends are boring and I tell him he never takes anything seriously and his friends act like 3 year olds :D

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Haha, I've been told that too "you're too serious", lighten up etc...a lot. My friends say I'm the voice of "reason" among them.(They're Sp(ESFP (2))and ISFP I suspect, I feel like the odd one out :( at times.))
I don't want and when I do: What are you doing?They stare in disbelief.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think I saw percentages of Types and INFJ and INTJ were the rarest.

This is especially the case if you are a male INFJ or a female INTJ.

The cruel Irony? Im an INFJ, and my sister is an INTJ

Which brings me to a question: how is your (all of you) family divided up?

I'm highly suspicious of "they're the rarest" comments in descriptions. Even if it is true, it seems very unhelpful to state it. There is no point to it regarding how your mind operates.

Anyway.

Estimated types:

Younger brother: ESTP
Mother: ESFJ
Father: IxTJ

I get on with my brother and mother well.

I can share ideas with my father, but I can't really discuss them. It always ends up with him trying to show how right he is--without much factual backup--rather than exploring the topic further.

On the other hand, I can discuss things with my brother, but when it comes to a debate, my debate/persuasion skills are rather poor compared to him (actually, I'm fairly sure he could talk "Sneakers O'Toole"* into taking his sneakers off :D).

I feel like I can talk about anything with my mother, and if I have a problem, she's usually one of the people I go to first because I know she'll help me feel like I'm not crazy in regards to what I'm feeling. If I need help with solving the problem, I seek out my brother/someone objective.

I definitely have never been made to be the "odd one out" in my family (eventhough I have alienated myself and made myself think I am sometimes), and I think it's because my mother has done her best to create an environment where it's okay to be who you are and you are never going to be expected to be someone else. This doesn't mean there aren't moments of awkwardness, though.

Family Guy Wiki said:
Sneakers O'Toole

A man who doesnt like to take his sneakers off. Two men approach him, yelling at him to take his sneakers off. He then jumps away, with the other man saying that they'll never catch him in the shoes they're wearing.

Regrettably Sneakers O'Toole escaped and has yet to be captured.

G

Glycerine

Father: ESFJ (very shallow relationship... get along for the most part but dismisses my ideas. It feels like I have to time how long we are going to talk.)
Mother: INFP (get along very well well and hardly any problems)
Bro 1: same as above
Bro 2: ISTJ? (we get along fine but we tend to annoy each other)
Sis: ENFP (We connect well)

sade

Funny.. I was about to post my family's types anyways.
I got some verification on this, mostly for the temperaments, when I showed MBTI stuff to them.
Mom: ISTJ (ISxFJ ..possibly?)
Dad: INTP
Younger brother: ESTP

It's been a recognized fact that I'm more like dad and little bro is more like mom, it's been a pretty strong divede. Except that I never have wanted to be like my dad.

My father isn't a good referance point in this questionaire. He's highly immature and temperamental. We've always had a horrid relationship no matter what, and it has taken a bigger toll on me than him. We can get along as long as I neither opens their mouths. Otherwise I'mnot even going to start on the issue about me and him. He does seem to love me now that I don't live at home anymore. I used hear more about how he detested/disliked me.

Mom and me are on good terms. We don't really understand eachothers way of thinking and tend to annoy each other, but it's nothing major. If only she stopped second quessing everything an seeing things from my point of view more.. She keeps saying how I'm too sensitive and need to learn how to not listen to others and take them into account. She was a relaxed mom to me, since she knew me really well and is much more stern with litle bro for the same reason.She used to let me ditch class when ever I felt like it. (She seems like an ISxJ at times..) I can't really spend much time with her since she keeps making me feel like she's righ and I'm wrong (yes, she says that. My bro and dad make comments to her about that at times.), in everything and she tends to exhaust me, since I'm not that practical by nature. I hate to plan everything in advance which she does and tries to plant in me. ARGH...She has amazing guilting abilities. She'll make you feel guilty often by playing a martyr or etc.. But no big problems.

Little bro and I have always had a great relationship, eventhough we are complete opposites. He isn't interested in anything that I am and vice versa(I try to relate to his car/etc. interests when he drags me along and rambles with me. We watch fifth gear and other tv shows together). He can't fathom my interest to boring stuff. I'm like a second mom to him and haven't had any real trouble nor fights. We're both pretty well rounded and humorous.

dan.yo33

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you fill in sections of sentences with bizarre, emotive noises because you can't express what you want to say in words.

Then everyone laughs, but you were really trying to get something across!!

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
^ haha yea i make up words and noises like that all the time. they seem more appropriate :)

sade

^ "If you hear a *&%[&?!!]*, *me imitating noises* or *boom*, don't mind me, I just blew up the lab." &
And in other things also.
People laugh at me because I use my hands a lot while talking.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Thunderlight: It sounds like fun to have a twin ESTP :B My twin is ENTJ, and since you have one of them in your family, you must be able to guess what that's like....although it's not too bad. Communication's a pain, though.

^^I use so many weird noises it's not even funny. I think it started with an intent to communicate, but now it's almost a force of habit to make some weird noises while talking. I also use a lot of body language (JAZZ HANDS!)

Does anyone else have this thing with how comfortable they feel with touching people? I get pretty uncomfortable with people I'm not familiar with, but the people I truly care for I sometimes practically smother...
If I am holding hands, leaning on, or hugging someone often, that's almost a sure sign that they're really close to my heart....

hideki

MBTI Type
INFJ
Mother-Joker-ESFP
Dad-Mastermind-INTJ

Can make INFJ out of that

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thunderlight: It sounds like fun to have a twin ESTP :B My twin is ENTJ, and since you have one of them in your family, you must be able to guess what that's like....although it's not too bad. Communication's a pain, though.

^^I use so many weird noises it's not even funny. I think it started with an intent to communicate, but now it's almost a force of habit to make some weird noises while talking. I also use a lot of body language (JAZZ HANDS!)

Does anyone else have this thing with how comfortable they feel with touching people? I get pretty uncomfortable with people I'm not familiar with, but the people I truly care for I sometimes practically smother...
If I am holding hands, leaning on, or hugging someone often, that's almost a sure sign that they're really close to my heart....

Um. Fun sometimes. But his complete opposite-ness is confounding. Other times is like what planet did you come here from? Oh yea pluto. I love him to death tho.

And try and explain to your ENTJ policeman (sergeant) father why you dont want to do something he told you to do. It doesnt get very far and usually ends with me in tears and him yelling :cry::steam:

I love jazz hands and I love touch. It just has this electricity to it that means so much to me :). One of my friends used to touch your arm if he was talking at dinner and was saying something important. It really made the connection more powerful and caring. I wished all people (especially men) hugged eachother instead of handshakes. there wouldn't be as many problems in the world! :D:D:D

Harlow_Jem

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Your INTJ significant other demands on a daily basis that you grow some balls