• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Oh yeah; it'd be like a dance party, only instead of dancing we'll talk politics :D
J/k, but that we be pretty cool if there was a time where IRL there was a bunch of INFJs that just talked, in an organized manner, about our thoughts; I'm pretty sure we'd all walk away with a lot of deeper understanding

Evi

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have the slowly backing way thing happen a lot, or the confused/disturbed stares. Although a lot of the time it isn't very philosophical, more along the lines of "Hey what if vampires...."

The comments on papers sound familiar too and I thought it was just me.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I have the slowly backing way thing happen a lot, or the confused/disturbed stares. Although a lot of the time it isn't very philosophical, more along the lines of "Hey what if vampires...."

The comments on papers sound familiar too and I thought it was just me.

HA oh yeah, that too. I know I have some good friends when we can make up totally weird/bizarre stories and laugh like it's the funniest thing in the world :B
Everyone else just looks at you like they have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...

Oh man, those are good times.

G

Glycerine

These may be completely off-base but...

People think that they can see right through you, but in reality, many of their assumptions tend to miss the mark.

You think you have got yourself figured out but then some new piece of information makes re-assess and you're at square one again.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
These may be completely off-base but...

People think that they can see right through you, but in reality, many of their assumptions tend to miss the mark.

You think you have got yourself figured out but then some new piece of information makes re-assess and you're at square one again.
Yep, basically we have trouble answering the question: "who am I?", I can relate.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ugh I hate it when I have emotion overload. Its kind of like being around people so long just makes me stressed and angry and stuff. My usual outlets--being alone or going for a swim--dont exist over here so I had to settle for taking a nap and listening to music

V

violaine

Yep, basically we have trouble answering the question: "who am I?", I can relate.

Haha, I hate when you're in one of those settings where people throw out "tell us a little about yourself?" Ummm, total mind blank. Further to that I find it v. annoying when other people think what someone does for a living = who they are.

Ugh I hate it when I have emotion overload.

^Yeah, it feels like you have no skin on (no defenses) when it's like that.

S

Sniffles

The discussion concerning how INFJs write papers is totally on target with me. I'll spend considerable time trying to explain my thoughts, and other people will demand that I specify more because my thoughts are too "vague".

As Bythesword stated, we tend to dwell on the general picture rather than get into the details.

Oh yes, this happens all the time with me. It's almost comical at times to hear the various assestments of my character given by others, especially when they seemingly contradict each other. I must be one hell of an interesting person. ;)

Not just yourself, but practically EVERYTHING you think about. Our thoughts are perpetual works in progress; we develop them as we go along.

G

Glycerine

This is such a relief knowing that there are other people who have these character quirks. I can relate to like 90% of this thread. Most people consider me "weird in a good way". Athough there is controversy on whether or not INFJ's are the rarest, I have a feeling we are still one of the rarest types.

V

violaine

This is such a relief knowing that there are other people who have these character quirks.

:D I think we're all usually so independent/used to feeling different that this thread makes me feel like we are fast becoming a faction. I've laughed in recognition so many times reading this thread at either things I do or things I used to.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think I saw percentages of Types and INFJ and INTJ were the rarest.

This is especially the case if you are a male INFJ or a female INTJ.

The cruel Irony? Im an INFJ, and my sister is an INTJ

Which brings me to a question: how is your (all of you) family divided up?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't like it when they give the "%"...it's just so wrong in a way.
"Oh boy..aren't we so special"? I hate that expression=> "the rarest...". Plus if we think about it...how many people in the world have taken this test anyway? There may be like 15-10% of the world population for all we know.
I wish they wouldn't sugar coat and give percentages in description, it would make it so much clearer.
But yeah, it's hard for us to relate to other people usually...

S

Sniffles

I have nothing against us being the rarest personality, it certainly helps put our constant sense of alienation and loneliness in more perspective. Now turning that fact into a reason to be condenscending towards the "masses" is certainly wrong. We maybe rare, but we're not the master race.

V

violaine

I stopped wondering if INFJ is the rarest type quite a while ago. I do think INFJs are pretty difficult to spot though.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
With the way it's filled with BS in the kersey description I highly doubted being infj..
I mean they talk about nfs and especially infjs as if they were angels or "psychics" o_O...Didn't it strike you as a bit ahem "sugary"?

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i agree... at least for me, it is... most other types i can figure out but if i ran into another INFJ, i would probably determine an INTJ or something...

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
With the way it's filled with BS in the kersey description I highly doubted being infj..
I mean they talk about nfs and especially infjs as if they were angels or "psychics" o_O...Didn't it strike you as a bit ahem "sugary"?

but... i am sugary... ;)

S

Sniffles

You know you're INFJ if your sense of humour seems to involve quite a bit of bantering. IMHO, bantering is perhaps one of the funniest forms of humour, a world without banter is simply a world not worth living in.

Others(INFJs and no) have said similar things. I know GK Chesterton constantly engaged in banter in his public debates with people, especially his friend GB Shaw.

ThePenIsMightier certainly shows this to be so by giving tribute to one of the greatest sagas of bantering in recent memory. :D
[youtube="etmHaeaNsCw"]Sean Connery's Finest[/youtube]
You could say the way Connery makes up all sorts of hilarious twists to everyday words is very much in line with INFJness. ;)