• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You start a conversation with someone w/ no context because its a continuation of your internal dialogue.

You think you have explained yourself well in a paper but the teacher marks in red "elaborate", "more", or "expand".

*AvereX, who is that in your avatar?
!:happy:,yep.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You start a conversation with someone w/ no context because its a continuation of your internal dialogue.

You think you have explained yourself well in a paper but the teacher marks in red "elaborate", "more", or "expand".

*AvereX, who is that in your avatar?

First part, a hell to the yeah. It gets me in trouble with class discussions sometimes because I'll start stating my thoughts without having fully completed that thought sequence, so I end up floundering and getting lost. I think it frustrates and amuses some people because other times I can be strangely accurate and insightful. Sort of a hit or miss thing, I suppose.

It depends on the paper with me. If it's a subject I don't have much interest in, then yes, I will have trouble keeping myself clear and informative--mostly because I just want to get it over with so I'll skim through the details and try to get all the main points down. Otherwise, I don't seem to have that problem.

B

ByMySword

Thats because we're not into details as much as we're into the general idea of things.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thats because we're not into details as much as we're into the general idea of things.

isn't that just an intuitive thing ?
more so NF, i think.

G

Glycerine

It depends on the paper with me. If it's a subject I don't have much interest in, then yes, I will have trouble keeping myself clear and informative--mostly because I just want to get it over with so I'll skim through the details and try to get all the main points down. Otherwise, I don't seem to have that problem.

You are so lucky. I spent so much time working on my last paper but got a 89 on it because I still needed to "carve it out" more, haha

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You are so lucky. I spent so much time working on my last paper but got a 89 on because I still needed to "carve it out" more, haha

That sucks, but at least it was almost an A, right? :D You ever try letting yourself write anything and everything you could possibly have to say on the subject first? It seems easier to do that, wait a day or so, and then go back and start cutting things out. That way all the information is already there and you get to decide what will reinforce your point the best. Though I can empathise that it's hard to come up with a lot to say on a subject when you don't have much to say about it in the first place.

G

Glycerine

isn't that just an intuitive thing ?
more so NF, i think.

yeah, that's good point. Not being tuned into details does sound more like a general intuitive characteristic. [Off topic] Ironically, my psychology keeps making us compare the results on our assignments to the S/N scale and I consistently come out as a sensor. I have had to explain to him 3 times in writing why I am not a sensor.

G

Glycerine

That sucks, but at least it was almost an A, right? :D You ever try letting yourself write anything and everything you could possibly have to say on the subject first? It seems easier to do that, wait a day or so, and then go back and start cutting things out. That way all the information is already there and you get to decide what will reinforce your point the best. Though I can empathise that it's hard to come up with a lot to say on a subject when you don't have much to say about it in the first place.

Thank you! :nice: I will definitely try that tip on my upcoming research paper.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

I've never tried that! It sounds like it'd work really well :D

But you'd have to make sure you really have a clearly defined statement...I'd have to write down a thesis to make sure I stay on the right track, or I'd end up going off on tangents :B

Lotr246

But you'd have to make sure you really have a clearly defined statement...I'd have to write down a thesis to make sure I stay on the right track, or I'd end up going off on tangents :B

Have you gone off on tangents before in your papers? I've done that, and have had "digressive" written on my papers...Didn't know if it was an INFJ or INFP thing? I've argued against the professor for my ideas too.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Gone off on tangents = going to a random direction stemming from the "basic" idea? Yeah...people tell me I have way too much things in one essay and that I need to expand...(I usually write about a page or two less than most people in my class)

ThePenIsMightier

MBTI Type
xNFJ
I tend to go overboard with papers. I do well expanding on a main point, just throwing examples and metaphors out to explain the idea. The problem happens when I get off the main point. I start with a goal and end up defending something different at the end of it. You know, I made what I thought was an interesting connection in my mind and then kind of run with it. Turns out a good number of teachers kinda want you to stay on point...

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I tend to go overboard with papers. I do well expanding on a main point, just throwing examples and metaphors out to explain the idea. The problem happens when I get off the main point. I start with a goal and end up defending something different at the end of it. You know, I made what I thought was an interesting connection in my mind and then kind of run with it. Turns out a good number of teachers kinda want you to stay on point...

:laugh:, I do exactly the same or get too specific, one or the other...:ninja: in shorter.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Yeah, it can be hard not to do that. That's why I said to let it sit for a day or more (so you aren't getting tunnel vision staring at it for so long) before you go back and try to look at it objectively as you trim it down.

It usually really sucks when I get a fun tangent I'd like to write about, only to realise it doesn't have enough to do with the main point to include it. Sometimes it helps to then go tell someone about that thought so at least it can get expanded upon.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah, I really hate that. Or when you've had some sort of spiritual or philosophical breakthrough, and you don't have anyone to tell it to (or they just don't care to listen to you talk about that stuff), or you don't have any time to write it down, but it's like all of a sudden the world is so clear and everything makes sense and holy crap you just HAVE to tell someone or you'll explode!
That's just plain frustrating.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I really hate that. Or when you've had some sort of spiritual or philosophical breakthrough, and you don't have anyone to tell it to (or they just don't care to listen to you talk about that stuff), or you don't have any time to write it down, but it's like all of a sudden the world is so clear and everything makes sense and holy crap you just HAVE to tell someone or you'll explode!

Lol. Exactly.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ

that's the worst! haha and then you tell the next person you see and they back away slowly because they think you're mentally unhinged

sade

ARGH! I hate that. I try to write those down, so that I don't end up scaring the next person who I'm talking to with those ponderings.
I dislike it when people say that I think too much, and wonder where that thought I was speaking at the moment came from..