• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
wherever you go, people think you work there
and or you're mistaken for things you're not officially

Maybe it's because you don't have that slightly apprehensive, "I'm lost" look on your face.

I use this to my advantage when I'm some place where I don't know the layout. I just walk around looking confident, like I'm thinking "oh, don't mind me, just going to the copy machine" and people rarely ever notice you don't actually belong there--unless of course you are obviously dressed out of place. What I'm really thinking is, "Well from the outside it looked like there was a hallway here...I bet if I go left--yep there it is."

V

violaine

In one way it is not possible to hurt someone else without damaging some part of self as well because if we had lived the other person's life, we might behave exactly as they do. Intolerance towards others ultimately results in intolerance for our self. We place a condition on the type of circumstances that produce certain behaviors that we find acceptable and thank god we happen to fall into the right category. That's a hard way to live.

^This is exactly the way that I think. It's why I find it odd when others think INFJs are 'judgemental' as a defining trait. Um, no. Some of the behaviors of others that I've been able to justify personally are mind-boggling to other people. If I can see why a person did something and I can deduce that under the circumstances there was really not a high chance of them doing what others consider to be 'right', I just cannot muster the condemnation that others seem to.

I rarely talk about it cos the people I've spoken about this with, apart from my brother, just don't get it. They think that it comes from being a random 'bleeding heart'. (There are things that I do hate immediately - e.g. someone powerful and unassailable taking advantage of someone vulnerable.) I'm sure it is born of years of analyzing people to make sense of their behavior and putting ourselves in the mix in order to best understand. I think about this a lot too. Good tangent.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^This is exactly the way that I think. It's why I find it odd when others think INFJs are 'judgemental' as a defining trait. Um, no. Some of the behaviors of others that I've been able to justify personally are mind-boggling to other people. If I can see why a person did something and I can deduce that under the circumstances there was really not a high chance of them doing what others consider to be 'right', I just cannot muster the condemnation that others seem to.

I rarely talk about it cos the people I've spoken about this with, apart from my brother, just don't get it. They think that it comes from being a random 'bleeding heart'. (There are things that I do hate immediately - e.g. someone powerful and unassailable taking advantage of someone vulnerable.) I'm sure it is born of years of analyzing people to make sense of their behavior and putting ourselves in the mix in order to best understand. I think about this a lot too. Good tangent.

Yeah, this describes me as well. I learned this from my NLP studies:

People make the best decisions they can with the resources they have.

When people make poor choices, it's because they lack the resources to do anything else.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You know you're an infj when you make endless lists of why you are an infj
:) just look at us. 25 pages!

S

Sniffles

You know you're INFJ if you're able to relate to Martin Buber's description of being stuck on a narrow ridge; which means being secure in the absolute insecurity of the ones fate and/or the fate of the universe as a whole. Yeah I know, it makes no logical sense - that's the point! :D

S

Sniffles

You know you're INFJ if you're better at providing paradigms as opposed to actual articulate explainations.

To put it another way: we're better at showing people how to think certain ways rather than what to actually think. This is probably because we tend to dwell on the generalities of the big picture more, rather than concentrate on the details.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You know you're INFJ if you're able to relate to Martin Buber's description of being stuck on a narrow ridge; which means being secure in the absolute insecurity of the ones fate and/or the fate of the universe as a whole. Yeah I know, it makes no logical sense - that's the point! :D
That's funny you mentioned this that was my essay college topic(from me, not given :p):
"being comfortable being lost":)

ThePenIsMightier

MBTI Type
xNFJ

:) That fits me so well.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

It's easy to fill 25 pages when you don't have anyone else to talk to about it :D I tried explaining to my sister how I feel different sometimes...she just said I was full of it *sigh*

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have a question. Some people talk so readily about knowing how that person was estp or infj, and everyone around them. How do people do that? I for the life of me have a hard time pinning anyone down without them taking a test.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a question. Some people talk so readily about knowing how that person was estp or infj, and everyone around them. How do people do that? I for the life of me have a hard time pinning anyone down without them taking a test.
You get a random "feel", I get some vibes from NTs and some from STs and other from NFs and SPs...Then I try to think about if they like things settled, etc..I try to get a rough sketch in 2 secs and then I see if it rings true with the "vibe" I got from the descriptions(not the weird mystical ones if you know what I mean...).It may be completely wrong..

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
- People think you're an extrovert... until they try and drop by unexpectedly, hehe.... Release the hounds!

Haha so true.

-You could write trilogies about every possible subject -out of sheer interest.

Last edited:

sade

Just wait until the thread reaches 40 pages. ;)
It's so easy to fill pages when you don't get to talk about this stuff IRL.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just wait until the thread reaches 40 pages. ;)
It's so easy to fill pages when you don't get to talk about this stuff IRL.

argh

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ

This and toonia's post... I agree.

It's why I don't understand what my counseling professor is getting at when she damands of the class, "How on earth can you understand what someone else is feeling when you haven't felt it yourself? How can you understand someone who is a criminal? How can you understand why they have done what you would never do?" Understanding seems so obvious that I don't quite know how to answer.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

Haha, I actually have pinned some people down :B And we took the test to help place us with our roommate, so some people already know theirs. I just ask when it seems like it's appropriate; I get really curious about some people

G

Glycerine

You start a conversation with someone w/ no context because its a continuation of your internal dialogue.

You think you have explained yourself well in a paper but the teacher marks in red "elaborate", "more", or "expand".

Last edited: