• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
you know youre an INFJ if:

Someone sees you and asks whats wrong, and this makes you feel even more sad because you have to tell them you dont know whats wrong...

You never want to go to sleep because you dont want to miss anything...

You want to read your favorite book from the different perspectives of all the characters involved...

everyone's personality has a different "flavor"....

people ask you if youre on drugs...

you wish people would engage in more physical contact...(not that way gutterminds)

You try to imagine people's entire lives while you watch them walk across campus...

picking a name for a character in your story takes days while the story only took two hours to write...

In your mind you can make the happiest song bring you to tears...

(true/ not?)

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Writing is like speaking to you, you write "as you speak", it comes naturally but speaking is actually like writing it takes more work. :p

V

violaine

^Er, yes.

You're trading jokes close to the line of personal insult with one of your friends (who you know can take it, not in front of anyone else and they're giving as good as they're getting!) You're ok with it until later on when you are reliving the conversation and you start to wonder if you could have hurt them. (Ah nooo!) The minute chance that you may have hurt them will drive you to a distraction only settled by many text messages in the style of er, you knew I was kidding, right?. *sigh*

sade

^ That(!) and..
You're trading jokes close to the line of personal insult with one of your friends (who you know can take it, not in front of anyone else and they're giving as good as they're getting!) You're ok with it until.. your friend suddenly sobers up and tells you that had s/he not known you, that would have sounded so bad. If someone who didn't know you was listening..

I wish I'd seen this when I was a child, would've saved me from so much trouble: How to get along with people.

sade

You want to read your favorite book from the different perspectives of all the characters involved...

you wish people would engage in more physical contact...(not that way gutterminds) (I like that but I'm not certain if other INFJs agree..)

You try to imagine people's entire lives while you watch them walk across campus...

picking a name for a character in your story takes days while the story only took two hours to write... (siiiiigh)
:yes:

V

violaine

^ That(!) and..
You're trading jokes close to the line of personal insult with one of your friends (who you know can take it, not in front of anyone else and they're giving as good as they're getting!) You're ok with it until.. your friend suddenly sobers up and tells you that had s/he not known you, that would have sounded so bad. If someone who didn't know you was listening..

I wish I'd seen this when I was a child, would've saved me from so much trouble: How to get along with people.

^:) I am so careful not to do this in front of anyone else, it would be disrespectful then. It never turns to one-upmanship or put-downs, it's all about the jokes!

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

picking a name for a character in your story takes days while the story only took two hours to write...

Definitely yes :)

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
You can't stand the idea of insulting anyone you don't know, but you're perfectly fine with threatening your best friend

B

ByMySword

Someone sees you and asks whats wrong, and this makes you feel even more sad because you have to tell them you dont know whats wrong...

you wish people would engage in more physical contact...(not that way gutterminds)

(true/ not?)

Pretty much all true. Especially the ones in bold.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You could convince anyone to have faith in you yet you always second guess secretly.Actually, you're a damn good liar :) and people believe you for some odd reason:
"You would never do this", "You're such a good person"
pffft! xD

B

ByMySword

You could convince anyone to have faith in you yet you always second guess secretly.Actually, you're a damn good liar :) and people believe you for some odd reason:
pffft! xD

SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

ByMySword

people think you are soooo self-less, and to a point thats correct, but what they don't realize is that all of your self-less acts contain an advantage for you as well.

So while you really do care for the people you help, you're not going away empty-handed. Its kind of like killing two birds with one stone.

V

violaine

^Aww I just like helping people sometimes. I cannot walk away from someone in need, I hate that sometimes. Maybe there is some kind of charge to that, though I don't seem to knowingly feel it.

pffft! xD

I was wondering who would affirm this, lol. I think an INFJ could be one of the most manipulative people ever. (Actually though I know he's been typed as INTJ, I've often wondered if Hannibal Lecter coulda been INFJ gone really bad). I would never, y'know, manipulate...

Which brings me to my next point:

You know that you're an INFJ when you could talk about your own childhood/stream of consciousness/plans for the future all day long! Gawd we must bore people sometimes. (EDIT: oh, but you don't do that a lot irl.)

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
^Aww I just like helping people sometimes. I cannot walk away from someone in need, I hate that sometimes. Maybe there is some kind of charge to that, though I don't seem to knowingly feel it.

I was wondering who would affirm this, lol. I think an INFJ could be one of the most manipulative people ever. (Actually though I know he's been typed as INTJ, I've often wondered if Hannibal Lecter coulda been INFJ gone really bad). I would never, y'know, manipulate... but when I was little I really could see other people so clearly for who they were. I remember my Aunt telling my mom re: me that you always have to watch the 'dark horse', eeps I was so shocked that she saw something like that in me. It made me determined not to ever be that kind of person.

Which brings me to my next point:

You know that you're an INFJ when you could talk about your own childhood/stream of consciousness/plans for the future all day long! Gawd we must bore people sometimes.
Oh yeah, no doubt psychologists would make millions off our pockets.:)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wherever you go, people think you work there
and or you're mistaken for things you're not officially

ex.
i was in borders(typical Introvert territory)
and this guy walked up to me while i was reading*asshole*
and asked " could you order this book for me by [random author here] ?"

I returned a quizzical look, and replied " follow me "
i went over to the nearest computer and picked up the phone
" customer service up stairs *hangs up phone* ; someone will be with you, i'm on break "

i've been mistaken for a cop, a black belt karate guy, a football player, and a borders employee - all while standing in a day dream that someone had to harrison ford -argh !

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
wherever you go, people think you work there
and or you're mistaken for things you're not officially

ex.
i was in borders(typical Introvert territory)
and this guy walked up to me while i was reading*asshole*
and asked " could you order this book for me by [random author here] ?"

I returned a quizzical look, and replied " follow me "
i went over to the nearest computer and picked up the phone
" customer service up stairs *hangs up phone* ; someone will be with you, i'm on break "

i've been mistaken for a cop, a black belt karate guy, a football player, and a borders employee - all while standing in a day dream that someone had to harrison ford -argh !

Yea people think I always work in places, but I assume it has to do with my outward appearance and stereotypes. Young girl, bored looking(boy, I really wish I didn't work here), black(let's be real here, everyone has little biases -_-) and people tend to think I know directions to places too.:D

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ

(true/ not?)

true. all of them.