• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

V

violaine

Well no, I would guess INTJs can deal with door slams. I mean of course it would affect them, but apathy is a good friend.

I was talking more about, feelings.

INTJs tend to, with-hold their feelings and inner self and only allow that to be seen by a select few who they know will accept and understand them.

INFJs usually fit the bill in that regards, if they are close to the INTJ.

I was thinking more-so about a positive cry, not, a negative door-slam-cry.

Although I guess, once the INTJ reveals their inner-teddy, the INFJ would then know the INTJs weak spots and be able to exploit them with just a few words, which in turn could make the INTJ cry. Cry because they were hurt, but more-so because the person they were close to hurt them.

Oh ok, I thought you were talking about the bad kind of crying... hehe I like that expression: the INTJs' inner teddy! :D

EDIT: I wouldn't make someone cry on purpose, it just happened over the course of having a relationship with someone who was INTJ.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I find this thread quite interesting.

Why do you guys or girls think that you could make an INTJ(me) to cry in the case that we are friends?

redacted

I find this thread quite interesting.

Why do you guys or girls think that you could make an INTJ(me) to cry in the case that we are friends?

Because I can see the things that people repress. Everyone does it...

Pull those things to the surface, uncontrollable emotions ensue. If you could control those emotions, why would you repress anything?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ

Pull those things to the surface, uncontrollable emotions ensue. If you could control those emotions, why would you repress anything?

Dissonance hit it right on the head.

My friends can't make me cry.

It's a type of connection where you allow your feelings to roam and be vulnerable. It's a type of connection where the rewards are always greater. I don't have that with my friends, I only have that my mom and my closest friend.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I do not repress emotions, please don't use "everyone" dissonance.

V

violaine

I call it the INFJ bridge burn.

And I don't think using it means that you can't stand up for yourself at all. Before I burn a bridge, I always make sure I've had the last word (which is another way you know you're an INFJ, lol).

I won't just cut off all contact till I have some type of closure, and to me that is making my points heard and having the last word.

After that, its pointless to continue keeping yourself in a position that only brings out negative emotions.

At the same time, I don't just leave because I can't take something anymore. That would be cowardice. I can fight it out with the best of them when I have to, but there are times where one needs to disassociate themselves from a situation. The trick is being mature enough to know when to do that and when not to.

I meant that I'm more aware of patrolling my borders in real time so I don't have to resort to it. Possibly a poor choice of words on my part. I can always stand up for myself if I don't minimize someone's actions. That's been the problem in the past. I tend to see a number of reasons for why someone is behaving poorly, it negates the emotional impact for me and I tend to cut them a lot of slack. I find complicated people to be interesting and I'm friends with a few people that everyone else pretty much hates. But in reality those people are hated because they can be a pain the arse sometimes. I don't give them as much rope as I used to. I've learned that if I do they will invariably push the button which leads to the door slam thing. Also, I haate drama. So boring.

I've only done the door slam when a person has a pattern of taking a lot of advantage... I lose all respect and interest in that person... It just doesn't seem to get to that point anymore for me. But I like knowing that I have that inside!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

That is true.

I think that I don't repress anything. I simply have huge emotional deficit.

In the case you want to make someone cry, in what areas would you aim?

V

violaine

Leading question, but do other INFJs find that your imaginings are always very focused? That your 'daydreaming' is with a purpose? I don't think I ever engage in imaginings with out a purpose for any length of time, I very much enjoy thinking about different ways to optimize my own life, i.e. realizing my dreams. I really relate to the sentiment that INFJs are rarely at peace with themselves, always feel that there is something else I should be doing. Anyone else?

B

ByMySword

^^^^^Absolutely. I love going into my Ni mode. But sometimes it can cause me problems, i.e. when I'm at school and really need to be paying attention to what the professor is talking about.

B

ByMySword

You know you're an INFJ when you constantly become tongue tied during conversations because the thoughts in your head are trying to come out faster than your mouth can process them into words.

V

violaine

^I've often wished I could 'download' thoughts instead of having to translate them exactly into words.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you think you're an ENFJ, INTJ, INFP , ISFP , ESTP,
and you are.......

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
you thing you're an ENFJ, INTJ, INFP , ISFP , ESTP,
and you are.......
goodness I mistyped as infp and isfp and all of those except for estp it was esfj instead and intp (no way...but it was extremely hard for me to come to a conclusion, I could relate to all of them usually.)

sade

^ I still think I'm another type. It has helped that I know that I'm an I & NF.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFJ when you constantly become tongue tied during conversations because the thoughts in your head are trying to come out faster than your mouth can process them into words.

That's why I speak slowly. I'm trying to, in my head, stand like superman and stop the freight train that is my thoughts long enough to figure out what they even are.

hideki

MBTI Type
INFJ
1.) You can read others writing/typing and TELL they're an INFJ.
2.) Japanese groups/people stop their conversation just to observe you, or pay special attention to you.
3.) You'll feel overwhelmingly different from a huge group of people once in a huge while.

B

ByMySword

That's why I speak slowly. I'm trying to, in my head, stand like superman and stop the freight train that is my thoughts long enough to figure out what they even are.

Great analogy. Thats exactly how I feel.

And in response to the above, I've only gotten INFJ as my results like 3 times. All the rest of the time I've been every other type in the book, lol.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great analogy. Thats exactly how I feel.

And in response to the above, I've only gotten INFJ as my results like 3 times. All the rest of the time I've been every other type in the book, lol.

oh thank heaven
i thought it was just me

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
:D

- People think you're an extrovert... until they try and drop by unexpectedly, hehe.... Release the hounds!

- Haha, if you haven't made yourself get used to it yet, being looked at by someone directly for any extended period of time feels like being lasered through to the core.

- You judge your date by how well they treat the wait-staff... this judgement is hard to unseat...

- You really miss playing with lego (ok, maybe that's all adults).

Excellent and all so true.