• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I think its because we're Introverted F's who want to be noticed and are logical enough to know that we have to get through that uncomfortability to do so. So we go into this faux extrovert mode.

Plus people are just naturally drawn to us when they have problems and for some reason we have this imaginary vest like the people at Wal-mart that says "Tell Me Your Problems!!!". lol

:laugh:, yeah they love to confide...actually...it's "too much information" in my opinion at times, but I really enjoy that.

B

ByMySword

+2 on the deal about our enthusiasm about our interests and how people grinning only encourages us.

I (we?) like building bridges with people... also I am (we are?) very curious!

I'm even better at burning them.

Better make it a statement.

You know you're an INFJ when you burn bridges faster than you build them. ;)

B

ByMySword

:laugh:, yeah they love to confide...actually...it's "too much information" in my opinion at times, but I really enjoy that.

I do and I don't.

Sometimes, I'm not in the mood. But you'd never know it if I don't want to. Sometimes I don't care and have no problem in letting somebody know I'm not interested. lol

When I'm ready for it, though, I do like it. I feel it puts me in a position of power/authority.

Get me one on one with a person and thats when I'm at the top of my game. Thats when I really feel I connect with people.

V

violaine

All are correct except:

Katie Couric - I don't watch at all

Control - I love controlling people, but I'm very hesitant to do it. lol

Haha, yeah I was flipping around and landed on it, eww uncomfortable!

...Plus people are just naturally drawn to us when they have problems and for some reason we have this imaginary vest like the people at Wal-mart that says "Tell Me Your Problems!!!". lol

I forgot to remark upon this before... but yes... it's quite unbelievable. I used to really like it. But now I feel it puts me at a bit of a disadvantage sometimes. The last few people who opened up to me unexpectedly seemed to then get all freaked out... it made things weird. (I am like a vault with other people's info though. I hate feeling betrayed so wouldn't do that to someone else.)

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can also be very outgoing (some would say loud) when I'm talking passionately about a favourite topic (MBTI for example). This is not true Extraversion, however, as it is limited to the subjects which interest me and can have little relationship to whatever else is going on around me!

B

ByMySword

I can also be very outgoing (some would say loud) when I'm talking passionately about a favourite topic (MBTI for example). This is not true Extraversion, however, as it is limited to the subjects which interest me and can have little relationship to whatever else is going on around me!

Well extroversion is only how one gains their energy. Being an introvert doesn't necessarily mean that one is shy. There are shy extroverts, even.

I myself would be considered an outgoing introvert, which from what it sounds like, many other INFJs would be as well. But we're still introverts because we need that time to ourselves to recharge and we're very self sufficient when alone and don't HAVE to be doing something all the time.

Extroverts tend to get restless at home easier than introverts. Of course, an extrovert can like their alone time as well. My ENFP sister does.

Everyone has these traits. Extroversion/introversion, sensing/intuitive, feeling/thinking, judging/perceiving.

But its where the strongest traits lie that allow people to be typed and how each trait reacts with the others.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well extroversion is only how one gains their energy. Being an introvert doesn't necessarily mean that one is shy. There are shy extroverts, even.

I myself would be considered an outgoing introvert, which from what it sounds like, many other INFJs would be as well. But we're still introverts because we need that time to ourselves to recharge and we're very self sufficient when alone and don't HAVE to be doing something all the time.

Extroverts tend to get restless at home easier than introverts. Of course, an extrovert can like their alone time as well. My ENFP sister does.

Everyone has these traits. Extroversion/introversion, sensing/intuitive, feeling/thinking, judging/perceiving.

But its where the strongest traits lie that allow people to be typed and how each trait reacts with the others.

Agreed. I conquered my shyness years ago and now have no fears about speaking up in public or approaching new people. I am only a moderate Introvert, but I do need to withdraw frequently to recharge my batteries. My problem is almost the opposite - I lead an active life and sometimes neglect to claim the space I need for renewing my energies. If I do this for too long I can flip into my inferior mode and become a sorry parody of an Extraverted Sensing type for a while!

B

ByMySword

Agreed. I conquered my shyness years ago and now have no fears about speaking up in public or approaching new people. I am only a moderate Introvert, but I do need to withdraw frequently to recharge my batteries. My problem is almost the opposite - I lead an active life and sometimes neglect to claim the space I need for renewing my energies. If I do this for too long I can flip into my inferior mode and become a sorry parody of an Extraverted Sensing type for a while!

Sounds about like me, actually. But I think I'm still a bit more introverted than you, especially when I don't have my Brothers around for support.

But yeah, I've conquered a lot of the shyness. I speak up all the time in class and everything. In fact, more than a lot of people.

And I've definitely had the problem of flipping into my inferior mode. The worst feeling is when you recognize that that's what has happened and you're still in a social environment. Its a total mind fuck.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds about like me, actually. But I think I'm still a bit more introverted than you, especially when I don't have my Brothers around for support.

But yeah, I've conquered a lot of the shyness. I speak up all the time in class and everything. In fact, more than a lot of people.

And I've definitely had the problem of flipping into my inferior mode. The worst feeling is when you recognize that that's what has happened and you're still in a social environment. Its a total mind fuck.

What happens to you in these situations?

B

ByMySword

What happens to you in these situations?

Usually, I retreat into instant Introvert mode. I get really quiet and people start to ask me what's wrong to which I always respond, "nothing" and hope they'll either leave it alone or do something that would actually help me get out of it. Of course, I have no idea what they could do. But I since I can't explain it to them, them just asking is annoying to me.

Its like I'm a car thats just running on fumes. So the only thing to do is turn the engine off, put it in neutral, and push it to the nearest station.

Lightyear

You are an INFJ when people at first think you are a cold fish... until they see you start crying at the most random moments, because you watched the news or something like this.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Ha..no I don't cry. Been raised "tough", I do feel bad for very long and for very random people that I may not know.
Yes people think I'm a cold fish at first, or they may not...depends.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

That is so true. I often interview all the employees of small businesses for teambuilding and so many times I've had to cut off stories or remind them, "Your boss did hire me..." People tell me everything...

B

ByMySword

Ha..no I don't cry. Been raised "tough", I do feel bad for very long and for very random people that I may not know.
Yes people think I'm a cold fish at first, or they may not...depends.

Yeah, I can't remember the last time I cried.

People have told me that I'm very cold. I think its because when analyzing other people's problems, we're very NT about it. Its only around those closest to us that our NF really shows through.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You know you're an INFJ when....

You take LSD to stop hallucinating.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
You're frequently told to stop staring into space.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You know you're an INFJ when...

Your silly questions are taken seriously.