• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Mazaretti

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
#4 of 5

I have very good job for INFJ that can be easily combined with a school. Im driving with my car at night and delivering ”Morning papers” to people that has ordered them. Im doing this from 3:30AM until 6:30AM and then straight to school... (In Denmark) Its good because this is really the time when Im completely alone and I have lot of time to think and make the ”processing mode” be possible to happen (#3).

I have mostly regular addresses which I have to attend on, but some of them can disappear or the new one can appear. Every night I re-read the list of all the addresses and numbers and then Im driving, filling postboxes almost without using the list. So in that way im now quite good with remembering numbers – I have to see it just few seconds and its like marked in my brain.. :)

But the interesting part is that when Im sure that Im remembering everything – there comes ”Autopilot” which somehow like takes over my body and is responsible for driving the car and stopping at the right addresses.. And it happens mostly without mistaking. (mostly, because nothing is perfect) And while the ”Autopilot” is working, I can go completely somewhere else in my mind and sometimes also able to run this Processing mode (#3). Which also happened today and that is the reason I can finally write something here at this forum thread! :)

Mazaretti

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
#5 of 5

I was also thinking about those 16 personality types.. Its just too small number regarding that people are so freaking different.. Lets take our INFJ, which they say are ”the rarest” type of all... But look how many we are actually and how different really we are! One thing Im thinking also, maybe we are the most rear and the reason we find other our types is that 1.we notice things that are similar to us 2.similar things are placed at similar locations (our interests and desires are similar, so we all one by one find this forum thread and meet here) 3.we have the same ”set-ups”, so we are like programmed to do similar things, mostly only just at the big scale, because our living circumstances and situations differs and creates different experiences and choices... But lets imagine if we would compare our lives (taking in consideration also the future, which has not happened yet) lot of ”checkpoints” of our lives there would be the same or similar to other people from our type only not at the same time and order... I believe that everyone has his own path and self-realization process which is the part of the destiny for the whole world and then even universe...

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you can tell a student has a question before they raise their hand, and you walk over to them because subconsciously you know they need help with classwork.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Tabula: I was very much like that as a child. I used to try to communicate with aliens, animals, etc.
As a teenager, when I entered the house, I used to 'feel the room' for my fathers mood, then I could decide whether I should socialize with the family or go to my room until things felt better.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
When in one random moment you can be completely overcome with empathy for a stranger (as if you've been shot in the heart) yet on a day-to-day basis you have incredible difficulty engaging emotionally with most people you know.

sidhe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
When in one random moment you can be completely overcome with empathy for a stranger (as if you've been shot in the heart) yet on a day-to-day basis you have incredible difficulty engaging emotionally with most people you know.

Story of my life! :doh:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you feel deep empathy for people that you don't even know personally, and wish that you could change the course of their future to improve what they've been through.

The deep spiritual connection you feel with kindred spirits, especially those you love, and you end up experiencing similar emotional experiences even though they aren't with you.

When you have a heck of a time figuring yourself out, but can figure out other people.

The stubborn and defiant streak.

When the ESTP shadow comes out and you want to kick some ass, but you are too shy to let this side of you come out. So you end up imagining the types of things you'd do under your ESTP shadow.

When you end up getting a flurry of ideas running in your head that doesn't quite stop... be it question after question, one idea segues into the next, and the concepts build up like an intricate system, each nested within each other like nesting dolls, the concept building continuously up until you reach the highest order of thinking. Then that spark of enlightenment comes, and it feels cathartic and magical.

"What does this mean?"

When you were a kid, you couldn't wait till you were grown up and had everything you had dreamed up come true.

When you were a kid, you had a habit of making up words to describe things because you couldn't quite come up with the exact definition/term, so even if it sounded like nonsense, the onomatopoeic babble just described things perfectly.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you have a heck of a time figuring yourself out, but can figure out other people.

When the ESTP shadow comes out and you want to kick some ass, but you are too shy to let this side of you come out. So you end up imagining the types of things you'd do under your ESTP shadow.

When you end up getting a flurry of ideas running in your head that doesn't quite stop... be it question after question, one idea segues into the next, and the concepts build up like an intricate system, each nested within each other like nesting dolls, the concept building continuously up until you reach the highest order of thinking. Then that spark of enlightenment comes, and it feels cathartic and magical.

These especially...very much so!

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know you're an INFJ (and probably an INFJ 6) when you read another review of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, which you're already totally excited to see, and one of the reviews includes the following: "While subtle and engaging throughout, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is also bleak, morally ambiguous, and depressing, with a pervasive sense of paranoia" - and you're even more excited to see it than you were before.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
When you were a kid, you had a habit of making up words to describe things because you couldn't quite come up with the exact definition/term, so even if it sounded like nonsense, the onomatopoeic babble just described things perfectly.

I didnt have that when I was young, but as I got some mastery over my english, I stopped caring about if a word I used 'was a word' or not. It makes enough sense for my purpose, and it fits in the english grammar structure. I feel a little bit of pity for those who need rigidly defined rules to understand the language.

I love to suffixify words.

And I love to explainerate the suffixifications. -ify means to turn/add something into/onto the root word -ify is added to. Amplify, exemplify, et cetera.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're an INFJ (and probably an INFJ 6) when you read another review of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, which you're already totally excited to see, and one of the reviews includes the following: "While subtle and engaging throughout, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is also bleak, morally ambiguous, and depressing, with a pervasive sense of paranoia" - and you're even more excited to see it than you were before.

Yes! You know you're an INFJ when your friends won't let you pick the movie.

judidudi

MBTI Type
INFJ
Anyone else relate to this?

♦ You plan out entire conversation in your head and get frustrated when someone else doesn't follow your 'script';
♦ You feel like you know someone you just met so well, that you're afraid to talk to them, 'cause you don't want them to think you're a stalker;
♦ You love reading about serial killers/psychos/etc just 'cause you love analyzing their twisted mind;
♦ You want to figure everyone else out, especially not what are they doing, but WHY do they do it;
♦ At kindergarten while other kids were playing with toys, you used to sit in-front of an aquarium and watch fishes for hours (and that was the best soap opera ever);
♦ When you were a kid, you read about reproducing system in encyclopedia and then explained to every adult you met what an embryo is (as scientific as possible);
♦ You love watching dramas from a distance, however, you don't want to be involved in it, actually, secretly you wish everyone would just live peacefully;
♦ You leave a good impression to everyone, even though then you think to yourself "If they only knew me...";
♦ You don't want to be friends with just anyone. You want your friends, those, whom you choose to show the real you, to be worth it;
♦ People say you're reserved and distanced from others;
♦ You'd love to be invisible and then go to a party or a meeting and watch everyone just so they wouldn't draw attention to you;
♦ To others you seem good and innocent but you've actually got a pretty dark side which would creep everyone out;
♦ You've got wicked sense of humor;
♦ Your first impressions about people seem to be right;
♦ You write a post this long in a dead thread just so you would pour your thoughts out in writing, otherwise they'd haunt you in your head for the next couple of weeks..
♦ You even googled for this ♦ symbol just so your post looks nice;
♦ You're afraid to push the "Submit Reply" button 'cause you're still questioning yourself is this the right thread you're posting in and what are people going to think about you if it's not.

Ok..I'm pushing anyways.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone else relate to this?

♦ You plan out entire conversation in your head and get frustrated when someone else doesn't follow your 'script';
♦ You feel like you know someone you just met so well, that you're afraid to talk to them, 'cause you don't want them to think you're a stalker;
♦ You love reading about serial killers/psychos/etc just 'cause you love analyzing their twisted mind;
♦ You want to figure everyone else out, especially not what are they doing, but WHY do they do it;
♦ At kindergarten while other kids were playing with toys, you used to sit in-front of an aquarium and watch fishes for hours (and that was the best soap opera ever);
♦ When you were a kid, you read about reproducing system in encyclopedia and then explained to every adult you met what an embryo is (as scientific as possible);
♦ You love watching dramas from a distance, however, you don't want to be involved in it, actually, secretly you wish everyone would just live peacefully;
♦ You leave a good impression to everyone, even though then you think to yourself "If they only knew me...";
♦ You don't want to be friends with just anyone. You want your friends, those, whom you choose to show the real you, to be worth it;
♦ People say you're reserved and distanced from others;
♦ You'd love to be invisible and then go to a party or a meeting and watch everyone just so they wouldn't draw attention to you;
♦ To others you seem good and innocent but you've actually got a pretty dark side which would creep everyone out;
♦ You've got wicked sense of humor;
♦ Your first impressions about people seem to be right;
♦ You write a post this long in a dead thread just so you would pour your thoughts out in writing, otherwise they'd haunt you in your head for the next couple of weeks..
♦ You even googled for this ♦ symbol just so your post looks nice;
♦ You're afraid to push the "Submit Reply" button 'cause you're still questioning yourself is this the right thread you're posting in and what are people going to think about you if it's not.

Ok..I'm pushing anyways.

Bolded the points that I relate to. That thing with the aquarium...story of my childhood, right there. Sad.

treedude

MBTI Type
INFJ
New to realizing I'm INFJ

When you mentally punish yourself for something you said years ago that you now think is stupid.

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When people ask you how your Ni function works and you have no idea what to tell them... :shrug:

Juxtapose

Enneagram
Seriously, Ni is a pain in the ass. Trying to explain that you know something but you don't know why you know it never goes down well for me. I'm trying to let people figure it out for themselves more nowadays, it's easier for me :p

R

Riva

'The best way to punish someone is to completely ignore that person'.

~Buddha~

He was probably teaching the legendary infj doorslam.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Amen to that, I guess it's cause we make them comfortable?

I had some lady tell me just the other day she sensed I had a good spirit.

I don't know what exactly she meant as I hadn't even seen her for five minutes, but it was certainly flattering.
Yeah. People either think they should tell you everything or you scare them away. Or both.