• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You seem to catch onto the subtleties of humor and laugh at just about anything that you find amusing, whereas others would scratch their heads wondering, "What's so funny?"

Yes. I have an... open... mind when it comes to humor. That includes tasteless, which bugs people a lot.

I can be at a really loud concert but be mentally miles away. Depends on how boring the band is on stage. It seems that way with most deathmetal bands.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
:hug:

You know you're an INFJ when you frustrate the hell out of everybody, yourself the most.

Ever feel like your train of thought doesn't exist? Like no thoughts come to you? Normally thoughts come naturally, but at some point it is just not there. all you can think about is the problem you're trying to solve (probably an interpersonal one) and no way to find an answer.

One thing I'll probably be complaining about for the next couple months is how awkward it feels around my S hostparents. It wouldn't be so bad if we all spoke the same language well and I happened to have been raised in that family. I'm basically the confused foreign teenager that should know what's going on (at least, that's what I'm getting out of our interactions.)

Two... months... to go...

D

Dali

When you're adorable, intelligent, cultured and are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING at making out.

I effing love my INFJ.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Getting caught up in the details and then having an "a-ha!" moment when you realize things would be best discussed in an overview.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Getting caught up in the details and then having an "a-ha!" moment when you realize things would be best discussed in an overview.

Ya like talking freely and feeling good about letting details about past relationships including sexual details spew from the mouth in the presence of one's significant other, rationalized all in the name of 'honesty'..to find out way later that the words were like swords into one's significant other.

And to feel like this is what living is all about?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't think that's exactly what they meant. I interpreted it more along the lines that I suck at giving a succint synopsis of a movie or really anything else that I am excited about because I don't want to leave out anything that is needed to completely understand.

Have you been burned by your INFJ, Avatar7? I'm sorry if that is the case. You're a good guy.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think that's exactly what they meant. I interpreted it more along the lines that I suck at giving a succint synopsis of a movie or really anything else that I am excited about because I don't want to leave out anything that is needed to completely understand.

Have you been burned by your INFJ, Avatar7? I'm sorry if that is the case. You're a good guy.

I knew that..just didn't have a segue. Right on that one. I thought INFJs are soooo empathic...then why would one say such hurtful things? Heartless? Do INFJs give up living in a dark dream hating this world so wreak havoc on the hearts of others knowing they have no hope of true utopian living on this shithole called earth?--IS that the attitude some INFJs HAVE???

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know you're an INFJ when you hurt other people's feelings deeply by spouting off from some internal perception that is unapparent to others..and then rationalize other's expressions of hurt as errors-that their feelings are not valid and the hurt person(s) was/were somehow the cause of their own poor feelings and it's their fault.

Ti anyone? :coffee:

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFJ when you hurt other people's feelings deeply by spouting off from some internal perception that is unapparent to others..and then rationalize other's expressions of hurt as errors-that their feelings are not valid and the hurt person(s) was/were somehow the cause of their own poor feelings and it's their fault.

Ti anyone? :coffee:

I do something like that to my husband, apparently. When he asks something of me, because it's something that matters to him, if I think the request is silly/not important, I don't do what he wants, which makes him feel like I don't care about him. It's not that I don't care, it's more my J function running amok. I really need to work on reigning in Judging.

I'm sorry that you got hurt. :hug:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think that's exactly what they meant. I interpreted it more along the lines that I suck at giving a succinct synopsis of a movie or really anything else that I am excited about because I don't want to leave out anything that is needed to completely understand.
+1 (x6^10) ; why describe something if you're not describing it well enough for the other person to know what it is? Its so much easier to show the person it than to talk about it.

Sounds like Ti. Are you sure you got yourself an INFJ and not an INTP? The two types can be confused.

You know you're an INFJ when you are so bad at communication that you hurt other people's feelings on accident. Especially Es who are naturally more socially-aware.

I joke with my INTP friend that he shouldn't be allowed to hold a knife, I think it's similar with INFJs and words. Our minds are scattered so we aren't always aware that what we're saying is hurtful. Our empathy only works when we're focused on it, and we can be distracted.

And besides. We're human. We need to learn things before we know them. We aren't psychic or magical. Just weird.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+1 (x6^10) ; why describe something if you're not describing it well enough for the other person to know what it is? Its so much easier to show the person it than to talk about it.

Sounds like Ti. Are you sure you got yourself an INFJ and not an INTP? The two types can be confused.

Tested INFJ. I wonder if it doesn't help she's gorgeous and could use the looks as a leverage of power to escape having to deal with thinking and feeling for others and sensing. Ni runs free and dominates like a balloon up in the sky.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you're listening to music on your iPod and you go to grab the door handle, and instead of grabbing the right one, you grab the left one because your mind was totally on something else.

P

Phantonym

When you're listening to music on your iPod and you go to grab the door handle, and instead of grabbing the right one, you grab the left one because your mind was totally on something else.

:yes: It's not just situations like this, it could be anything, you don't even have to listen to music, you could be so deep in your thought and even though there's this underlying thought that you're supposed to do someting and you're about to do it/do "something"...when you realize afterwards that you've done something completely different.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:yes: It's not just situations like this, it could be anything, you don't even have to listen to music, you could be so deep in your thought and even though there's this underlying thought that you're supposed to do someting and you're about to do it/do "something"...when you realize afterwards that you've done something completely different.

Yep, this happens to me quite often, I'm afraid. :doh:

cfs1992

So true!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Sensotard moments. Cute and quirky to some, really annoying to others.

I like them. Keeps me on my toes :D

You know you're an INFJ when you can use your Ni to come up with excuses for things to be better than they are. I recently made a crappy clay pot but because I used light blue glaze and can look at the small little rough parts the right way, I imagine that the pot is a representation of clouds and flying. After that I liked it more because it stopped being a 'crappy clay pot.'

Another example is that my INFJ parents are pretty forgiving to my mistakes if they don't directly harm anyone. One time I went parked in our garage wrong and found out I couldn't get out without ruining the passenger side mirror. In my bad attempt at wiggling free I accidently pressed the gas instead of the break while going backwards. I ended up scraping the passenger door pretty bad (thankfully the dent wasn't deep enough to make the electric windows not work), breaking off the passenger mirror, and twisting the center support a bit out of place and twisting the garagedoor's metal rail a bit. My mother just laughed and made a joke about it, and my dad said that it was good that it was at home and not at someone else's place. All I had to do was help put the garage column back in place. (Thankfully they know how distraught I was. I was sooo afraid of what my dad's reaction to the damage would be)

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you’re INFJ when your favorite local coffee shop stops making your favorite drink and your reaction is to instantly reflect on the impermanence of absolutely everything. All the moments in your life- where you’ve realized you’d been taking some meaningful relationship to something/someone in the external world for granted, because that something/someone suddenly isn’t ready-at-hand available anymore (plus a vague sense of similar events that haven’t even happened yet)- suddenly merge into one big blur and it flashes before your eyes in that split second after you’ve realized your favorite drink is gone.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you try to figure yourself out, and you think you've arrived at a conclusion, but then you end up back where you started: still trying to figure yourself out.