• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
My professor said that it was a course that would be designed to change the way we think about things... be more future oriented and such.

So you're taking a class you don't need because then the skill you've been using all your life is now on paper? :laugh:

Sounds like I class I'll want to take. Is it part of any interesting major? (Been thinking about going into criminal psychology)

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I probably tuned the guy out.

You get annoyed when people don't have the foresight to understand how their actions impact others around them, and see them walking right into a mistake when they could have avoided it.

Mhm. Why can't EVERYONE have Ni? ;)

But you must also realize that without Se, tremendous accidents are bound to happen.
As goes for the reasons that all functions are of flavors one needs to taste.

I know you most probably did not mean what you actually wrote but I felt that it might be misunderstood by others unless clarified. :)

I hope no madness splits the ways of ours. :)

Last edited:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you're taking a class you don't need because then the skill you've been using all your life is now on paper? :laugh:

Sounds like I class I'll want to take. Is it part of any interesting major? (Been thinking about going into criminal psychology)

Systems Thinking is a part of education prerequisites, and business majors take it too. It can have an application in criminal psychology in understanding how someone's lifestyle can influence them to do criminal activities (which factors in it contribute to it). There's a lot of computer based modeling that goes on in systems thinking, takes each factor and assigns flowchart symbols to particular stocks (nouns) and flows (action verbs). It's a multi-disciplinary type of course. It really helps to make sense of what we're thinking... it builds up Ni, Ne, Ti, and Te. Definitely recommend it.

But yes, it can be a bit redundant for me, since the whole systems thinking approach is how I go about things. It is helpful for me to put it on paper though, it helps to organize my thoughts, not that I'm not analytical enough as it is! LOL

Another sign of INFJness is that you over analyze everything, and I mean everything! One of my INTP friends said that I thought too much about things, LOL

P

Phantonym

Another sign of INFJness is that you over analyze everything, and I mean everything!

:doh: Yes, I'm plagued by this. I get stuck in a loop and go over and over and over about things that I just can't let go. I feel helpless if I don't feel that I've gone thoroughly over the details during the initial analysis but sometimes I miss a lot of them and afterwards I can't help but to analyze them for a long time. People around me can get really annoyed by this if I let them on what I'm thinking about. To me, it's something natural and it can be fun for me but it's sometimes frustrating when I don't seem to make other people understand the things I feel the need to analyze. They just don't care and it can be disappointing.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ And do you feel this inhibits your decision making process sometimes?
At times, I do. I am only beginning to understand it.

P

Phantonym

^ And do you feel this inhibits your decision making process sometimes?
At times, I do. I am only beginning to understand it.

At times, yes. I sometimes fail to listen to my initial intuition about a decision I have to make and then the overanalyzing begins. That takes quite a while and usually I end up with the same decision I initially thought about. Missed opportunities and such.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know that's right! Got to learn to trust the truth that is within us.:yes:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when you like live concerts just as much to watch the band have fun as you go to listen to the music. I get bored easily at concerts where the artists look half asleep or don't have much stage personality. If the band's enjoying themself, I have more fun there. Whether or not I normally like the music itself.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
+1 One of the main reasons I go to live shows is to watch the stage show, not just to hear the music. I want to see how they move and how the band interacts with one another.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When one of your classmates asks you where you came from cos you've got varying abilities.

When you've spent time analyzing the hell out of yourself and seeing yourself as this puzzle that you can't figure out.

You think that you're all so logical/analytical NT, but when you make a post on Facebook that says something along the lines of having a balance of independent thinking and using the power of knowledge for good and benefiting mankind, it dawns on you that, yep, you've got auxiliary Fe, like it or not.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
When one of your classmates asks you where you came from cos you've got varying abilities. you're really "out there" and anormal (and enjoy it!).

Fix'd :D

When you've spent time analyzing the hell out of yourself and seeing yourself as this puzzle that you can't figure out.

I've always thought of it as trying to untie a really hard knot blindfolded and with numb fingers. It's been hell on my nerves because my perfectionism worries so much about it while the pragmatic self shakes its head and says: 'Dude, if you're in a good mood you don't even care about it. Find the good things about yourself that you KNOW, and stick to those.'

You know you're an INFJ when you personify aspects of your personality when you talk about them.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're an INFJ when you personify aspects of your personality when you talk about them.

And then- after you're done talking about them- they stay personified and get in conversations with each other which are so interesting to you that you find them wholly distracting. Like this :popc1:. And it becomes an unwelcome distraction when a real person tries engaging you in conversation. Occasionally even eating or sleeping can be unwelcome distractions.

D

Dali

I never knew, when I started this thread 1.5yrs ago, that I would fall for an INFJ (the feeling seems to be mutual).

Now I love you guys even more. :)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
:blush:

(Wait, when and where was my 1000th post? PAR-TAY!)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
people ask if you are studying {insert field of study} when you just read it for yourself
no need to let someone tell you when you can read for yourself

your independent study practices will never end, especially if you are obsessed with the subject

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fix'd :D

When one of your classmates asks you where you came from cos you've got varying abilities. you're really "out there" and anormal (and enjoy it!).

LOL!!! Isn't that the truth! I've always felt so out of the loop.

Another sign is when you're able to spot another INFJ by the way that they totally zone out when they're on their own, and you know how to get their attention back, the infamous name dropping.

Also, when you have this amazing group dynamic with an ENFJ in your class, and they seem to catalyze new ideas, and you think it's great how they understand you.

Add getting hairsplitting with directions and having a stubborn thick spot and you keep repeating your rationale behind your judgment. Perhaps the stubbornness has more to do with feeling like you're being misunderstood.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
people ask if you are studying {insert field of study} when you just read it for yourself

It's weird, maybe we just easily understand what's going on in it and can make a good guess to things we don't know concretely (the idea of knowing 'what shape the wholes in our wall of understanding are' crossed my mind here)

I kind of mentally cringe when people ask that kind of thing (not all the time, just in a certain way, like: ':shock: how did you know?') because I know I won't be able to make a natural connection with that person. Then I think about how much easier life would be if I wasn't an N :D

no need to let someone tell you when you can read for yourself

Depends on the situation. Sometimes I don't have the book or manual on-hand and I prefer to have people who know what theyre talking about to tell me. It's easier to understand that way.

your independent study practices will never end, especially if you are obsessed with the subject
Troo dat!

(You know youre an INFJ when people who normally misspell (liek ths rite?) a lot are annoying but misspelling on purpose is cute or silly.)

LOL!!! Isn't that the truth! I've always felt so out of the loop.

Another sign is when you're able to spot another INFJ by the way that they totally zone out when they're on their own, and you know how to get their attention back, the infamous name dropping.

Usually I know they're an INFJ when we finish each other's sentences :D

Also, when you have this amazing group dynamic with an ENFJ in your class, and they seem to catalyze new ideas, and you think it's great how they understand you.

It is pretty awesome. I get a long very well with ENFJ guys. We become friends really quickly, even if the ENFJ is full of crap (I am too!).

Add getting hairsplitting with directions and having a stubborn thick spot and you keep repeating your rationale behind your judgment. Perhaps the stubbornness has more to do with feeling like you're being misunderstood.

Yes.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another couple signs for the day:
You seem to catch onto the subtleties of humor and laugh at just about anything that you find amusing, whereas others would scratch their heads wondering, "What's so funny?"

When making discussion posts for class, your posts are usually the longest and so deeply reflective that your classmates don't respond back. They seem to think that you already know what you're doing.

When sitting in a textbook review group activity, and your group is chatting, you end up leafing through one of the group member's art history textbooks just to check out the artwork, and tune everyone else out, and you're wondering what the pieces of artwork mean, what do the images represent, what's the artists intentions, grasp onto symbolic concepts, and then your brain is off and running.

When you find the nearest computer terminal in the computer lab that is closest to the four walls/windows and out of view from everyone else.

When you have both a nerd side and artsy side.

P

Phantonym

Another couple signs for the day:
You seem to catch onto the subtleties of humor and laugh at just about anything that you find amusing, whereas others would scratch their heads wondering, "What's so funny?"

Yes! That is so funny, sometimes I have to try really hard not to start laughing out loud because I hate drawing attention to myself, but most of the time I can't stop grinning at something. :D

When sitting in a textbook review group activity, and your group is chatting, you end up leafing through one of the group member's art history textbooks just to check out the artwork, and tune everyone else out, and you're wondering what the pieces of artwork mean, what do the images represent, what's the artists intentions, grasp onto symbolic concepts, and then your brain is off and running.

That's true. I have something similar happening to me all the time, my brain is miles away...

When you find the nearest computer terminal in the computer lab that is closest to the four walls/windows and out of view from everyone else.

Yes! And whoever came up with the idea for laptops and WiFi - :worthy: