• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

LiLyLemon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFJ when you're so deep in thought that you're expressionless.

People may tell you that you're the only person they can't read.

Indeed, I used to know a psychiatrist once through a friend, merely as she drank in our local pub. She spent one night (quite inebriated) staring at me on and off. She apologised next time she saw me, and said it was that she kept thinking she knew me perhaps from somewhere.

I explained that I was quite sure we hadn't met, and she replied with 'Yes, you just have a very enigmatic face, I can't put my finger on it.'

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
+1 I have a seething disdain for commercials. I netflix practically all the TV I watch because commercials make me so curmudgeony. It astounds me that more people aren't as routinely offended- by the manipulative and condescending language- as I am.

You should look up George Carlin's 'Advertising Lullaby'

Either the language would piss you off or it would be hilarious because of how he is using it.

Indeed, I used to know a psychiatrist once through a friend, merely as she drank in our local pub. She spent one night (quite inebriated) staring at me on and off. She apologised next time she saw me, and said it was that she kept thinking she knew me perhaps from somewhere.

I explained that I was quite sure we hadn't met, and she replied with 'Yes, you just have a very enigmatic face, I can't put my finger on it.'

I just think I look out of place wherever I am. Everytime I see myself in a picture I think: 'I look like I don't belong there for some reason.'

I was in a group of exchange students and realized just how un-male I am. I don't go skiing, I don't watch movies much (That seems to be the big one), and even though the ETPs just have an aura of 'you're and idiot' pointed at me, I still try to talk to them in a friendly way.

What I do is play videogames, read books, complain, and imaginate. I tend to either confuse or weird-out extraverts. I think it's funny. Unlike them, who cant seem to find anything with rusty logic funny. 'Oh I'm sorry *condecendingly* I couldnt understand you because you didn't have a flawless order of logic structure.' - Theyre the ones that really go insane when reality stops working, us crazy IN-s feel right at home in that area.

Or maybe I just read too much Terry Pratchet... :D

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
You use people for things that you need, and once you have those things and have no use for the person, you detatch/find someone else.

(This is just a personal experience with an INFJ I know EXTREMELY well. Sorry if I've offended anyone, this is probably just particular to her. XD)

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
You use people for things that you need, and once you have those things and have no use for the person, you detatch/find someone else.

^ No.

(This is just a personal experience with an INFJ I know EXTREMELY well. Sorry if I've offended anyone, this is probably just particular to her. XD)

^ Yes.

:smile:

turospalacsinta

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you are an INFJ, when:

you feel your dreams are more real than reality, and reality seems more dream-like than your dreams.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you are an INFJ, when:

you feel your dreams are more real than reality, and reality seems more dream-like than your dreams.

Maybe if you're lucky and have a vivid imagination.

At best, I can view 'pictures' in my head as if through a fog, so I rely on real things as a reference for my creativity.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
You can quickly see past the performance of phony people, no matter how sweet...and you wonder why it takes everyone else so long to see what you do. You prefer genuine people even when they're a bit abrupt. The honesty is refreshing.

When someone you care about stops listening to you mid sentence, it feels like a slap in the face. You feel yourself withdraw from them.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You can quickly see past the performance of phony people, no matter how sweet...and you wonder why it takes everyone else so long to see what you do. You prefer genuine people even when they're a bit abrupt. The honesty is refreshing.

When someone you care about stops listening to you mid sentence, it feels like a slap in the face. You feel yourself withdraw from them.

I usually don't pay attention to people besides my friends, and I usually don't notice when people start ignoring me mid-sentence :D

Lotr246

Not sure if it applies to all INFJs, but I'm moved by movies/books that depict characters struggling with mid-life/identity crises, depression, suicide, etc., and that ultimately end in some realization. (Some examples, American Beauty, It's a Wonderful Life, A Single Man, Hamlet, Siddhartha, Brothers Karamazov...)

P

Phantonym

Not sure if it applies to all INFJs, but I'm moved by movies/books that depict characters struggling with mid-life/identity crises, depression, suicide, etc., and that ultimately end in some realization. (Some examples, American Beauty, It's a Wonderful Life, A Single Man, Hamlet, Siddhartha, Brothers Karamazov...)

I can relate. Personally, I find myself moved by all kinds of characters who struggle with something, make mistakes, learn from them and ultimately, reach some kind of a positive realization and conclusion/beginning of a vital change. It's exciting to experience through characters, either fictional or based on real individuals, the development they go through and how that changes their life.

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
I can relate. Personally, I find myself moved by all kinds of characters who struggle with something, make mistakes, learn from them and ultimately, reach some kind of a positive realization and conclusion/beginning of a vital change. It's exciting to experience through characters, either fictional or based on real individuals, the development they go through and how that changes their life.

:yes:

As an aside, sometimes I think I'm an INFJ except that I really don't like coming to absolute conclusions, though I do delight in finishing up projects and moving on.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
when most people are only a source of social anxiety but a few people make the world just right and nothing else matters.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
:yes:

As an aside, sometimes I think I'm an INFJ except that I really don't like coming to absolute conclusions, though I do delight in finishing up projects and moving on.

I worry about the best truth for the situation. Absolute truths seem too narrow to fit in a place as complicated as this Earth of ours. The difference between the INFs is how they think. INFJs jump around in their mind without much control over it (Their main function is a perceiving function) while INFPs focus on values in their thought (F doesn't mean Illogical) but see the world in a less convoluted way since Ne takes the world and information much more directly than Ni does.

Ni is like fishing and Ne understands the parts of things and connects them together as they are (While having a strong feeling that EVERYTHING is connected in some way, a more N-ish trait)

when most people are only a source of social anxiety but a few people make the world just right and nothing else matters.

:yes: I tend to be very distant to most people because of how scrutinizing I am. But to my friends that I 'click' with and have run the gauntlet, we get along so well. Usually, if the person doesn't click with me, they won't become a 'real' friend.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
When you're lost in thought with a blank facial expression by yourself somewhere, and someone comes up to you and asks you if you're ok.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you're lost in thought with a blank facial expression by yourself somewhere, and someone comes up to you and asks you if you're ok.

haha. Do others really not get that stare-off-into-outer-space look? I do that for eons at a time, whilst gnawing on my lip/ Not very attractive. :blush:

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
haha. Do others really not get that stare-off-into-outer-space look? I do that for eons at a time, whilst gnawing on my lip/ Not very attractive. :blush:

Indeed you would think... My sister still asks me that question lol.

I've never paid much attention on wheather or not I am chewing on my lips while lost in space. I'm going to try and remember to pay attention next time someone asks me that :)

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Indeed you would think... My sister still asks me that question lol.

I've never paid much attention on wheather or not I am chewing on my lips while lost in space. I'm going to try and remember to pay attention next time someone asks me that :)

Haha, I do this all the time. I also chew my lower lip when I'm driving. I don't know why though.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Haha, I do this all the time. I also chew my lower lip when I'm driving. I don't know why though.

I am extra careful when driving because I tend to zone out and lose track of reality. Thankfully my car has a good sound system so I can play Eisbrecher, Kalevala, or some other heavy band really loud to keep me awake... to the chagrin of any passenger over the age of 30.

It took three tries to pass the driver's test :blush:

Do other INFJs feel like coffee/caffeine/sugar has the OPPOSITE affect on you? I mean, when I have some I usually feel more sluggish, at least mentally.

P

Phantonym

Do other INFJs feel like coffee/caffeine/sugar has the OPPOSITE affect on you? I mean, when I have some I usually feel more sluggish, at least mentally.

Haha. We can now blame INFJ-dom for this? I thought it was just me. :D But yes, caffeine/sugar just makes me want to doze off. Oh, it's quite pleasant but if I needed something to pump me up, I'd take a glass of icy cold orange juice.