• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you think to yourself, "Why are people placing such a premium on 'being an INFJ', like it's such a good thing or that I'm such a good person because I am one? I'm capable of evil, too, you know. And INFJs are no better than any other type."

And then of course, before an INFJ goes to sleep: "The world could end tomorrow and it really wouldn't matter if you ESTP, or INFJ, or ISFJ. Night!"

(Then the stripe of light under the door will bother you. [I think I read that somewhere in this thread.])

INFJs are different, we always knew we were different but we didn't know why. This thread is fun because we can identify with the funny little things that might be common for our type and I, for one, feel a little comforted by that.
INFJs are better than other types at some things and not at others. Do I think I am better than other types? I can think that way if I want to...sure, why the hell not!

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
When instead of calling a jerk a dirty word you invent something silly to call them like a cranky-weenie-poopoo-brain, and it cracks you up.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you are an infj when you go through periods of not wanting or believing you are an infj.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
- When listening to the noob pitch a fit over his microphone in a multiplayer match is more fun than the game itself. (And you miss them when the hosting player finally gets around to kicking them from it.)

- When you sit down at your computer and put your earbuds in, and a half-hour later you realize there's nothing playing through them. (Wait...crap...*starts up iTunes*)

- When you get around to starting up your computer's music player, start on a song you like, and when it finishes you skip 6-7 tracks before another favorite starts. And this is in your "Favorites" playlist. (*Pushes "skip forward." Twice*)

- When you buy a movie's soundtrack album after hearing the music over the closing credits. And that's the only song you ever listen to from it, even after ripping it into your music library. (*Skips his seventh track* meh, I'm up for some Clapton at the moment...)

- When you have a habit of skipping to the next track when the song you're listening to gets down to the last 45 seconds. (*skip*...GAH!)

- Your wardrobe is usually whatever you darn well please, so long as you feel comfortable wearing it in public.

- You also don't understand the fuss about designer clothing. You can look just as good in a pair of $15 jeans and a $7 T-shirt, and you can just toss 'em in the washer and add detergent.

- You are frequently agitated by movies who insist on simply repackaging the same story with different characters. No, scratch that. They're the same characters, just repainted to look different, with certain basic attributes rearranged to add variety.

Citing an example, I'm frequently annoyed at the terrible treatment toward movies involving dragons. Most dragon stories I've seen use the same obsolete formula of cardboard characters given subpar acting jobs (from even the world's best actors!), all following the same cookie-cutter plotlines, all the while giving minimal effort to focus the attention to the story's main focus: the cut-rate-special-effects dragon. Hollywood is more than capable of creating a blockbuster movie with an original story and CGI dragons rendered using the processing power that went into the Transformers movies. They can make dragons that could easily beat Dragonheart's Draco. They prove that multiple times every year.

So why are dragons, by far among the highest-potential subjects in fiction, being relegated to entertaining kids and nerds with films and cartoons that only barely manage to scratch past "mediocre" status?

Now that I've derailed by own train of thought, I think I should stop there.

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
When instead of calling a jerk a dirty word you invent something silly to call them like a cranky-weenie-poopoo-brain, and it cracks you up.

Hahaha! :) And for me I'd rather say,"What the fish!"

You know you are an infj when you go through periods of not wanting or believing you are an infj.

So true. I'm going through this, right now.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
- When listening to the noob pitch a fit over his microphone in a multiplayer match is more fun than the game itself. (And you miss them when the hosting player finally gets around to kicking them from it.)

- When you sit down at your computer and put your earbuds in, and a half-hour later you realize there's nothing playing through them. (Wait...crap...*starts up iTunes*)

- When you get around to starting up your computer's music player, start on a song you like, and when it finishes you skip 6-7 tracks before another favorite starts. And this is in your "Favorites" playlist. (*Pushes "skip forward." Twice*)

- When you buy a movie's soundtrack album after hearing the music over the closing credits. And that's the only song you ever listen to from it, even after ripping it into your music library. (*Skips his seventh track* meh, I'm up for some Clapton at the moment...)

- When you have a habit of skipping to the next track when the song you're listening to gets down to the last 45 seconds. (*skip*...GAH!)

- Your wardrobe is usually whatever you darn well please, so long as you feel comfortable wearing it in public.

- You also don't understand the fuss about designer clothing. You can look just as good in a pair of $15 jeans and a $7 T-shirt, and you can just toss 'em in the washer and add detergent.

- You are frequently agitated by movies who insist on simply repackaging the same story with different characters. No, scratch that. They're the same characters, just repainted to look different, with certain basic attributes rearranged to add variety.

Citing an example, I'm frequently annoyed at the terrible treatment toward movies involving dragons. Most dragon stories I've seen use the same obsolete formula of cardboard characters given subpar acting jobs (from even the world's best actors!), all following the same cookie-cutter plotlines, all the while giving minimal effort to focus the attention to the story's main focus: the cut-rate-special-effects dragon. Hollywood is more than capable of creating a blockbuster movie with an original story and CGI dragons rendered using the processing power that went into the Transformers movies. They can make dragons that could easily beat Dragonheart's Draco. They prove that multiple times every year.

So why are dragons, by far among the highest-potential subjects in fiction, being relegated to entertaining kids and nerds with films and cartoons that only barely manage to scratch past "mediocre" status?

Now that I've derailed by own train of thought, I think I should stop there.

Sounds right to me :D I read in a comedy book that people are willing to shell out just to have a certain 'look.' I suppose they aren't creative enough to have that look using a belt-sander? Oh well I just wear a T Shirt and Jeans anyway and I think I look good.

Also, dragons are generally antagonists or flavor the hero's abilities. Everyone knows movies are all about the hero overcoming something. Its the American Way (tm). That's part of why I don't watch movies.

You know you're an INFJ when you can stare at yourself in the mirror thinking: "Dang I'm hawt" and "Dang I'm vain" and then find yourself in a picture and HATE how you look in it.

P

Phantonym

You know you're an INFJ when you can stare at yourself in the mirror thinking: "Dang I'm hawt" and "Dang I'm vain" and then find yourself in a picture and HATE how you look in it.

:rofl1: This is so true!

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
When it nags you all day long that you forgot to put your earrings in.

When you spend an hour making sure everything looks perfect only to find out when you get to work that you forgot to zip your fly.

You have buyers remorse before you make the purchase.

You keep all your receipts, except the one you need.

You constantly make notes then don't read them, but usually you remember it anyway.

You worry about the stuff that's in your pet's food but you eat junk.

When your brother was going to get a spanking, you cried and pleaded with your dad to spare him, but that didn't stop you from slapping him on a regular basis.

You were the little mouse at school that nobody noticed but at home your relatives wondered if you would live to see 20, or if you would end up in jail some day.

You have trouble falling asleep because your mind is in overdrive.

When someone is telling you something and they say it wrong, you don't feel it's necessary to correct them because you know what they mean but it drives you nuts when they correct you.

You are all about the principle and secondary on the details.

Drama Queens and attention-getter's are disgusting.

You know everybody's birthday, unfortunately that is the day you buy the card to send and you spend an hour at Hallmark reading every one.

People say little remarks like, "I knew if I asked you I would get a straight answer" or "I knew I could count on you to know", and it always surprises you because it feels like you don't know diddly.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
When it nags you all day long that you forgot to put your earrings in.

When you spend an hour making sure everything looks perfect only to find out when you get to work that you forgot to zip your fly.

You constantly make notes then don't read them, but usually you remember it anyway.

When your sister was going to get a spanking, you cried and pleaded with your dad to spare her, but that didn't stop you from slapping her on a regular basis.

You were the little mouse at school that nobody noticed but at home your relatives wondered if you would live to see 20, or if you would end up in jail some day.

You have trouble falling asleep because your mind is in overdrive.

When someone is telling you something and they say it wrong, you don't feel it's necessary to correct them because you know what they mean but it drives you nuts when they correct you.

You are all about the principle and secondary on the details.

You know everybody's birthday, unfortunately that is the day you buy the card to send and you spend an hour at Hallmark reading every one.

People say little remarks like, "I knew if I asked you I would get a straight answer" or "I knew I could count on you to know", and it always surprises you because it feels like you don't know diddly.

:yes: These. Definitely the ones in bold.

Felix

MBTI Type
INxJ
When you are confused about your judging function and put an 'x' instead of an 'F'.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Ha~

I usually have buyers remorse AFTER I buy it :D I don't make a lot of good buying decisions.

I have them all in my wallet.

True dat.

Eating? What's that? I eat the equivalent of 1 good meal a day.

When your brother was going to get a spanking, you cried and pleaded with your dad to spare him, but that didn't stop you from slapping him on a regular basis.
Not me, I used to beat up my little brother because he was the nearest punching bag when my neuroticism snapped. Now I feel really bad for it but I still laugh a little every time he gets in trouble.

I have an ENTP enemy because he was the latter. My brother and I dont get along well because of the same.

I get the opposite. "You're wierd." "Sometimes you just throw us for a loop." "At least YOU know what you're talking about."

Its frustrating and the main reason I'm working on my talking ability.

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
all the functions of the INFJ conflict with one another a bit I think :doh:

you're and introvert, but an extroverted feeler.. so, you need your space, but you love people and want to be around them, and be open and expressive in their presence.

you're an introverted intuitive, yet you're a judger, so the things you take in about your world are internalized, yet you want to make them tangible and practical in the real world, which can be very hard to do sometimes. :steam:

Penda

MBTI Type
INFJ
This is the longest thread evar and I couldn't read all of it, so this may be redundant.
You know you're an INFJ when:
- Life is much more complicated and therefore more difficult than it should be.
- You spend way too much time contemplating the meaning of life.
- You are more comfortable talking about deep and personal subjects than making small talk.
- You sometimes regret having really good dreams or daydreams or fantasies because real life can't compare to how rich and vivid they are
- You want to make real life more like the world in your head. If only everyone would just follow the message in these visions, the world would be such a beautiful place....

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
If you're an INFJ, it's never your fault. If you screwed up, it's because someone somewhere along the line did or neglected to do something. It's not important for the reason it's their fault to make sense.

If you base your decision on what you want on the number of other people getting it...and you always go for the one with the least demand. For instance, three people in your party of five order fudge sundaes, and one person orders strawberry. You're the one most likely to be the one ordering caramel, simply because it's the sundae flavor no one ordered.

You encounter a discussion among Geewuners ("G1ers." Elitist Transformers geeks, comparable to Star Trek's Trekkies) on the Michael Bay Transformers films. If you're an INFJ, your concept of "having a sense of humor" involves trying to score some cheap laughs by convincing one of your buddies to insert some blasphemous comment into the discussion like: "I think they should bring back Unicron for the next movie." And you stand a safe distance away so you can watch the resulting nerd rage unfold.

And then you realize you should be recording this to post on Youtube...just as you and your crew get to the car to leave the theater. DANG IT!

Honorable mentions go to "I think Optimus Prime was awesome with racing flames" and "I don't think Megan Fox is sexy at all."

Last edited:

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
If you base your decision on what you want on the number of other people getting it...and you always go for the one with the least demand. For instance, three people in your party of five order fudge sundaes, and one person orders strawberry. You're the one most likely to be the one ordering caramel, simply because it's the sundae flavor no one ordered.

So sad, and yet so true.

You know you're an INFJ when you got dragged in with a few "friends" (more like begrudging acquaintances) to see the second Transformers movie, thought it was a completely idiotic train wreck of a film with overdone special effects and absolutely no plausibility or substance in the storyline, with one obnoxiously bad joke/asinine situation followed by another, and made that opinion known to said "friends" (and only because they sort of prodded it out of you, already expecting you to have hated it). Unsurprised, those same "friends" interpret that as further proof that you are some kind of miserable ogre that dislikes EVERYTHING in this world (including, oddly enough, actual GOOD movies, which aren't really that common, as opposed to fucktarded flavor-of-the-month summer blockbusters made to service the lowest common denominator of modern American stupidity). When you come home, your manly-man dad finds out you (surprise!) didn't like the movie, and similarly interprets this as evidence that you despise every little thing on this earth that moves, except he knows you better (or thinks he does) and also lets you know this as further evidence that the rest of your life is going to be EPIC FAIL. The next day you examine the Rotten Tomatoes page for Transformers 2, see that the vast majority of movie critics have exactly the same opinion of this stinker as you do, and feel somewhat vindicated. Ultimately, though, this is no consolation, since nobody frankly ever cared in the first place.

*Sigh* End of rant...

B

ByMySword

Wow, I never thought of this as an INFJ trait, but yes, I always do this. :doh:

B

ByMySword

You know you're an INFJ when you start to type on a post, but know that once you do, you'll constantly have to go back and check up on it in order to defend/explain yourself or your views. Since this would be way too mentally vexing/tiresome, you decide to not post at all.

P

Phantonym

You know you're an INFJ when you start to type on a post, but know that once you do, you'll constantly have to go back and check up on it in order to defend/explain yourself or your views. Since this would be way too mentally vexing/tiresome, you decide to not post at all.

:doh: YES! Or when you've actually managed to post something, you delete it in order to avoid the complications.

The Fluff Zone is all nice and comfy :cheese:

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
So sad, and yet so true.

You know you're an INFJ when you got dragged in with a few "friends" (more like begrudging acquaintances) to see the second Transformers movie, thought it was a completely idiotic train wreck of a film with overdone special effects and absolutely no plausibility or substance in the storyline, with one obnoxiously bad joke/asinine situation followed by another, and made that opinion known to said "friends" (and only because they sort of prodded it out of you, already expecting you to have hated it). Unsurprised, those same "friends" interpret that as further proof that you are some kind of miserable ogre that dislikes EVERYTHING in this world (including, oddly enough, actual GOOD movies, which aren't really that common, as opposed to fucktarded flavor-of-the-month summer blockbusters made to service the lowest common denominator of modern American stupidity). When you come home, your manly-man dad finds out you (surprise!) didn't like the movie, and similarly interprets this as evidence that you despise every little thing on this earth that moves, except he knows you better (or thinks he does) and also lets you know this as further evidence that the rest of your life is going to be EPIC FAIL. The next day you examine the Rotten Tomatoes page for Transformers 2, see that the vast majority of movie critics have exactly the same opinion of this stinker as you do, and feel somewhat vindicated. Ultimately, though, this is no consolation, since nobody frankly ever cared in the first place.

*Sigh* End of rant...

If it's any consolation...the "Geewuners" I mentioned in my previous post? They hate the Michael Bay movies far more than you ever will. They carry their Tranformers fandoms like a pastor does his New Testament, rebuking any and all who DARE speak against it. It has jack squat to do with the real world, and yet they'll preach it as though it actually happened. And they're super-serious about it!

That's why I think these nerds are hilarious. Get me on day where I'm feeling ornery, and I'll gladly drop the Unicron bomb on them. :D

Wow, I never thought of this as an INFJ trait, but yes, I always do this. :doh:

And I'll bet that when you break that rule and get what everyone else got, you feel like you've just bartered your soul to the Devil for about fifteen minutes afterward.

S

Sniffles

I can't count how many times this happens to me. :(