User Tag List

Page 91 of 235 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    - You can wonder on a problem for days and suddenly, MONTHs later, after you've forgotten the problem, you suddenly figure it out.
    Yes I just had one of those moments last night. Only it wasn't months but YEARS later.

- You randomly speak in weird accents in certain situations ( Cock-er-ney for banter, Babycakes' for musing thoughts, et c )
    Oh not only that, but make certain gestures in those same situations.

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I do the weird accents thing as well. I never connected it to being an INFJ until now!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Ive been thinking about differences in the types. I mean the different types of each type.

INFJs seem, to me, to come in the 'Intellectual' and 'Empath' flavors. They both have Fe, but one seems to use it a lot more (Empath), I know INFJs who are more comfortable in a book than 'reading' people's mannerisms ( Me ) or people who have it vice versa, prefer people over books ( My dad )

The first seems more like an INTP, but has a lot more F in them (When I first looked up MBTI that's what I thought I was. An INTP with a lot of Fe)

The second seems more 'INFJ-y' (In the sense that Fe is a higher function on their list) - Theyre the type that is less loosey-goosey about people and worries about them more, and seems to know what is going on more in the way of people: "I never know if they're being rough or not, it makes me anxious"

Maybe its just a maturity thing? Or just holding in Fe?
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Ive been thinking about differences in the types. I mean the different types of each type.

INFJs seem, to me, to come in the 'Intellectual' and 'Empath' flavors. They both have Fe, but one seems to use it a lot more (Empath), I know INFJs who are more comfortable in a book than 'reading' people's mannerisms ( Me ) or people who have it vice versa, prefer people over books ( My dad )

The first seems more like an INTP, but has a lot more F in them (When I first looked up MBTI that's what I thought I was. An INTP with a lot of Fe)
    Yes, we should also add the all-encompassing 'Humanist' flavor. Oh, and I thought I was an INTP too for some time. Developing the Fe much more these days.

Senior Member Array

*snip*
    I have been wondering about that too, but think it's more of a sub-type issue. Please develope further, I'm interested in seeing what you find.

I've personally started wondering if I'm a strange love child of an INTJ & ENFJ at times.. Or an INFP.

Sniffles

The second seems more 'INFJ-y' (In the sense that Fe is a higher function on their list) - Theyre the type that is less loosey-goosey about people and worries about them more, and seems to know what is going on more in the way of people: "I never know if they're being rough or not, it makes me anxious"

Maybe its just a maturity thing? Or just holding in Fe?

You know Skyward, I was actually pondering on the issue of sub-types yesterday - so I thank you for bringing this up.

You have a good point here concerning INFJ subtypes. I certainly fit into the "INTP + F" category.

It could be a gender issue: since it was discussed here that female INFJs tend to rely more on Fe while male INFJs rely more on Ti.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

Interesting. I wonder if there are more "subtypes" to INFJ. For me, personally, I definitely rely on Fe over Ti. If I were to list my function order preference they would be slightly altered over the "natural" INFJ preferences. I'd probably list them as Ni, Fe, Se, Ti. Though it's debatable whether each type's function orders are set in stone. I don't think they are, just the first and second preference.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm pretty sure function -strength- is set in stone, but preference to each person varies things. The 'Humanist Scholar' subtype probably goes Ni/Ti > Fe > Se (Well for me, Inferior Se is just a troublemaker 90% of the time. But it's nice when I need/want to connect with the SPs and SJs out there)

The 'Humanist Friend' subtype probably uses Ni/Fe > Ti > Se (Though from the above, there are exceptions)

Those are the main 2 subtypes of the INFJ. I haven't found any others yet (Though there could be the 'Humanist in Se Clothing' that uses Se primarily)

I've personally started wondering if I'm a strange love child of an INTJ & ENFJ at times.. Or an INFP.
    I always felt 'Somewhere between ENFP and INTP' - My room is a total mess, so is my workstation in school. I guess that fits under the 'consistently messy' category in one of the profiles.

It could be a gender issue: since it was discussed here that female INFJs tend to rely more on Fe while male INFJs rely more on Ti.
    Society drills it into us that Men shouldn't have Fe, so we hide it and express Ti more. We're also stuck waiting until the mid 20s to really start relationships cause all the young girls want the ExTPs

( There's an about the Dark Tower series by a band called Demons & Wizards, the album is called Crimson King - I was like 'OMG awesome' when I figured it out since I had the album for at least a year now. If you like Eurometal and the Dark Tower series, you'll love that album. It goes through the whole series: '1: Crimson King, 3: Terror Train, 5: The Gunslinger. Guys go to iTunes and download it. Its awesome!)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Sniffles

"Humanist Scholar", that's classic. I'll make that my member title.

The 'Humanist Scholar' subtype probably goes Ni/Ti > Fe > Se (Well for me, Inferior Se is just a troublemaker 90% of the time. But it's nice when I need/want to connect with the SPs and SJs out there)
    Yes this is how it seems how my functions operate as well. Ni/Ti over Fe and Se

Society drills it into us that Men shouldn't have Fe, so we hide it and express Ti more. We're also stuck waiting until the mid 20s to really start relationships cause all the young girls want the ExTPs
    Ahhh well fuck that explains my basic indifference towards love up to this point. See Amargith, there's hope after all.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

The 'Humanist Friend' subtype probably uses Ni/Fe > Ti > Se (Though from the above, there are exceptions)
    This one probably fits me better. Also I seem to test around 1-2 on the Enneagram test. And my 8 is pretty strong.

Lately, I've been letting my Fe out more, but only in small, controlled doses. And as for the second part, I find that it's mostly mature people that find the warmth and stability of an INFJ attractive.

I also think female INFJs have the edge in dating. Mainly because they don't have to put up a facade to exist peacefully in society. Or maybe they do.

However, I think INFJ guys are very much the antithesis of the negative stereotypical male traits. So we have the edge there. At least, on paper.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill