User Tag List

Page 90 of 235 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

You get anxious around certain types of people but you don't know exactly why... you just want to avoid them.
    So true! Ive always tried to explain it as 'they're shallow/self-serving/assholes/Corruptively attractive in personality'

You are more likely to view things in terms of right/wrong rather than good/evil
    Mhm! Good/Evil is so subjective. The whole 'Good is the side you happen to be on at the time or prefer. while Evil is what is against that view' thing. It also is one of the bigger differences between INFPs and INFJs

- You can wonder on a problem for days and suddenly, MONTHs later, after you've forgotten the problem, you suddenly figure it out.

- You totally know the 'Eureka!' feeling

- You randomly speak in weird accents in certain situations ( Cock-er-ney for banter, Babycakes' for musing thoughts, et c )
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array LindseyLadybug's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    You get anxious around certain types of people but you don't know exactly why... you just want to avoid them.
    Usually it's people who are super loud and crude and don't think about and don't care how what's coming out of their mouths and their actions affect others!!! It's probably because I know they can hurt me. Also, jerks have certain mannerisms that I pick up on almost immediately....It's this insecure fake confidence...like they're saying "I am sooooo suave......right?" Oh, and I pay attention to how they respond to people who are "lower on the social hierarchy" or not as "good-looking" as they are. That's gives insight into their character and maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    - You randomly speak in weird accents in certain situations ( Cock-er-ney for banter, Babycakes' for musing thoughts, et c )
    Totally! If you're gonna joke about it, you might as well get in character!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

- You can wonder on a problem for days and suddenly, MONTHs later, after you've forgotten the problem, you suddenly figure it out.

I do all these!

...I love my little accents
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Usually it's people who are super loud and crude and don't think about and don't care how what's coming out of their mouths and their actions affect others!!! It's probably because I know they can hurt me. Also, jerks have certain mannerisms that I pick up on almost immediately....It's this insecure fake confidence...like they're saying "I am sooooo suave......right?" Oh, and I pay attention to how they respond to people who are "lower on the social hierarchy" or not as "good-looking" as they are. That's gives insight into their character and maturity.
    Exactly. Arrogance is just another form of insecurity. Though there are some people who have hints of arrogance but are just nice people with loud faces. I gotta get used to them before anything else happens.

There are people who are essentially nice people but have NO idea that what they say really bugs the f!ck out of people. If I can catch them in a different mood they're great. Otherwise :steam:

Totally! If you're gonna joke about it, you might as well get in character!
    *Bri'ish accent* Sow, thoise three gois wol' inna a baa' see? An' one was a Bri' an' annatha wa' Sco'ish an' d' las' one was Oirish....

(Sounds a lot better in person )

I do all these!

...I love my little accents
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh good. I do silly accents too. Have since 9th grade. Most people don't seem to mind, so I'll continue to pretend it makes me look really cool instead of really stupid.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp

Red face someone should think to me something about this.

I have a problem with over-Se-ing. I could be minding my own business in my mind when Se distracts me into reality and I lose my train of thought.

And Ive wondered if my my thoughts weren't as deep as the typical INFJs.
    i've come up with results of ISTP ISTP ISFP + ISFJ and, when i was reading different sites' descriptions of each personality type, parts of each of them represented something familiar to me, but only certain aspects. they are things that i know i've done before or qualities that i know i have been described as having, but i can't read and agree completely with any personality type description other than infj.

the multiple tests i've taken always result in a about 75% introversion, then 50/50 intuition/sensing and feeling/thinking, and something like 60 or 70% judging. i've thought (ha) about test results and my own feelings (...ha) alot and it makes me wonder: even with the concentration and amount of energy i put into into every aspect of my life, i think our society causes me to be less in touch with my real self (my soul more or less) and I become an IS something every now and then when i'm convinced that taking on those qualities will help accomplish a task that needs to be completed which will result in happiness and harmony across the board.

the people really close to me who I actually share my self with are an INTP (who can offer many great ideas but listen to and accept fewer) and two INFPs (self-conscious and everything-conscious, thinker-feeler solution brewing machines). Together we sort of make really good things happen naturally. it's a great environment, where the way we live our internal realities and our external realities isn't expected to be two different ways of perceiving things. so we can all sort of be I N F/T J/P 's together.

I also have a tough time expressing Fe. I think its the masculinity complex battered on me through life that holds it in. Combined with self consciousness... :steam:
    i think you're very right about the cause of.

- You know you're an INFJ when you're in the middle of some combination of 3 types (INFP, INTP, and ISFP here ) and aren't sure if you're an INFJ since you aren't living up to others level of 'INFJ-ness' (That's just me anyways )
    i suppose after you read everything i've said already you can probably say you're a regular all-around INFJ, and so much so you can utilize your ability to morph into OTHER PERSONALITIES!!! when deemed necessary. based on your coriest of core values.

well shit
    So you were born, and that is a good day.
    And someday you'll die and what a shame.
    But somewhere in the between, theres a life in which we all dream,
    And nothing and no one will ever take that away.

Senior Member Array

I thought I was crazy because I do this.
    I do it even in the foreign languages I've learned.

violaine

- You totally know the 'Eureka!' feeling.
    Yes! I live for that feeling. I love knowing that all the while my mind has been working away on the problem. It is a nice source of security for me if that makes sense.

LOL! (Not babytalk, not ever). I'm a big fan of various British accents, myself. Plus a phrase I like to say in my best approximation of a Jamaican accent.. currently perfecting an American accent too, teehee.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Ha, here's a good one. Not sure if it applies to every INFJ...but oh well =P.

You find it almost impossible to have any kind of fantasy unless love in involved =/.
    I don't have a picture up so...here's my youtube with me doing all sorts of crazy martial arts flips and kicks....=D.

http://www.youtube.com/dashblades

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Ha, here's a good one. Not sure if it applies to every INFJ...but oh well =P.

You find it almost impossible to have any kind of fantasy unless love in involved =/.
    I'm a teenager so I can have fantasies whenever I want!

Though I agree in that they are a lot better when there IS love involved.

- You know you're an INFJ when you -really- don't care if you're adequate sexually. I like to say that they day I worry about another man's schwanz size is the day I turn gay. Frankly boobies are too awesome to pass up

-Nightwish