Page 89 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Okay, now I have to loan them.
    Harry Potter or Dark Tower?

After I posted I was reflecting and thought "Well... I guess Harry Potter IS pretty dark once you get to the 4th book... but not as twisted... okay maybe twisted, but in a different way. *Mental shrug*"

I'm just not into the popular stuff, if I hear people talk about it in a fanboy way, the thing becomes distasteful to me. Harry Potter is out of the Hype, so I guess its time to reread them
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post

After I posted I was reflecting and thought "Well... I guess Harry Potter IS pretty dark once you get to the 4th book... but not as twisted... okay maybe twisted, but in a different way. *Mental shrug*"

I'm just not into the popular stuff, if I hear people talk about it in a fanboy way, the thing becomes distasteful to me. Harry Potter is out of the Hype, so I guess its time to reread them
    Argh, see, now I have to reread the Dark Tower after I'm done with Lord of the Rings.

Look what you've done Skyward!
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Senior Member Array

Dark tower!!
    I've read some Harry Potters when I wanted to know what the hype was about, but they didn't really call to me so much.. I like dark tones.

ByMySword

I'm working on reading all the other Stephen King books related to it for now.

Can't wait till the new Marvel Mini-Series comes out and I get to continue Roland's story.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm working on reading all the other Stephen King books related to it for now.

Can't wait till the new Marvel Mini-Series comes out and I get to continue Roland's story.
    Like Salem's Lot and Insomnia? I haven't gotten to either of those... The marvel comics look cool too. Cant get those from the library though :\
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Glycerine

You get anxious around certain types of people but you don't know exactly why... you just want to avoid them.

ByMySword

Cool

Like Salem's Lot and Insomnia? I haven't gotten to either of those... The marvel comics look cool too. Cant get those from the library though :\
    Salem's Lot is awesome.

Haven't started Insomnia yet, but I have it.

The Marvel mini series I've really been enjoying.

They start with the events of Wizard and Glass and are going to go all the way to the Battle of Jericho Hill.

Its supposed to fill us in on all the details of Roland's time as a young gunslinger and the fall of the Gilead.

Sniffles

*Looks up aphoristic, likes new words*

Mhm that sounds right. I think the fragmentary mindset is from a train of thought that sometimes just suddenly breaks off, say from a distraction or mis-path of thought, and you either have to hold the previous train or lose it altogether. At least for me anyway.
    Yes this is a common problem I face, where I'm unable to fully complete a line of thought for various reasons. Either I'm distracted by a more immediate concern, exhausted from work, lack of time overall, etc.

It really gets to you after a while, since there's so many thoughts and issues you wish to comprehend and explore - but various factors prevent you from doing so.

Work especially is a major obstacle, since I'm often too exhausted afterwards to think at all. I swear they intend to beat the very notion of thought or interest out of me during the course of the workday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    99% of the population haven't a clue what you're talking about 99% of the time.
    Oh yeah, just read a sampling of my posts; it's more than obvious.

You are more likely to view things in terms of right/wrong rather than good/evil

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Salem's Lot is awesome.

Haven't started Insomnia yet, but I have it.
    Insomnia is a little weird. It made me extremely exhausted reading it (because imagining what it's like to not sleep does that to me), but I enjoyed the ideas.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost