• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

S

Sniffles

I've been noticing in myself how different I am from the more common forms of INFJs. It might be how balanced my functions are, but also I think it is how my functions are expressed. IT seems to me, that most other INFJs, IME, in art have the idea and then strive for that. one. thing. whereas I have a very vague idea to start (I don't have a vivid imagination at all) and use my intuition to try and make what I see into something interesting. This includes Ni, Ne, and Se.

I can relate to this as well. I also have a constant problem of my Ni battling with my Se. That is, I have vivid long-term visions and aspirations(Ni), but can't even plan for what's happening next week(Se). *sigh* :-/

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, Se is really the only thing I lack, and it's barely even there at all.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
That's interesting that you bring this up! I'm an artist, and even though right *now* I know exactly what I want to create (however nebulous in the end), it's taken me a long time to get that sort of vision. In the beginning it was all iN fumbling around, which usually resulted in something eerily meaningful, but totally... unclassifiable. And not useful to me. So I worked at it more and more until I named (or at least learned to corral) all the iN forces that were at work... like huskies on a sled team!

I'm not the only one! Though I prefer to just let Ni run wild. It's easier and it got me a class award for art. "For thinking deeply about his artwork and bringing the class to a deeper level of understanding the nature of art." or something like that.

I enjoy more rigid plans for art. Say, haiku poetry or sonets, quatrains, et cetera. I enjoy getting to focus more on the content than the shape of the piece, I think.

You know youre an INFJ when youre not afraid to 'toot your own horn' if you're proud of something :D

I can relate to this as well. I also have a constant problem of my Ni battling with my Se. That is, I have vivid long-term visions and aspirations(Ni), but can't even plan for what's happening next week(Se). *sigh* :-/

I plan day by day, but usually I dont go with the plan and go with whatever I'm in the mood for (Unless I HAVE to do it, then I do that first). I try to build up toward the vision in the short term because that's all I -can-do.

Yeah, Se is really the only thing I lack, and it's barely even there at all.

Lucky...

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So... you know you're an INFJ when you register on a typology forum knowing full well that you'll soon get distracted by some completely different venture (in other words - get tired of/frightened of socializing) and might not ever post much, but you still can't resist doing it because this thread (yes this one) has saved your emotional butt a number of times over the past few months.

Amazing! I've not posted here for some time, due to getting distracted by other things, just as you said. But today I had a sudden urge to check in and this thread was the first one I looked for!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Story of my life!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when you relate strongly with Odd Thomas, a character enscorcelled into being by the phenominal writer, who HAS to be an INFJ himself, Dean Koontz.

The series:
Odd Thomas
Forever Odd
Brother Odd
Odd Hours

I you're an INFJ and willing to put up with evil themes (As enemies, of course), you'll seriously enjoy the series.

( Even if you're not an INFJ, it's still a well-written series :) )

sade

I plan day by day, but usually I dont go with the plan and go with whatever I'm in the mood for (Unless I HAVE to do it, then I do that first). I try to build up toward the vision in the short term because that's all I -can-do.

That sort of sounds familiar. When planning, I will have a 'separate' plan of action and time lines. The other one works as the sceleton, normally the plan of action, and I have it al planned, thought out and layed down.
"I'll need x before y, so z can work, and P will be off of my back and my school won't suffer if I add w to it. Since T is likely to react to x, it needs to be done in the afternoon while he is seeing it." The whole thing is build to accomodate some changes. It just so happens that the time scale is often relaxed, since I don't know if I'll feel up to it and when and etc.. "So I'll need to do this within these 3 days and that within 7 days, and xyz when P isn't looking.."

However problems will arise if I'm suddenly required to use more/better Te. I find that Tiltyred described it better than I did in this thread. I don't know if other INFJs will find it familiar.

EDIT: I think I ended up describing chart-the-cource style. :huh:

grasshoppersings

MBTI Type
infj
When you talk to your parfait and say things like-
You understand me parfait- you have layers like I do
We like the same things.
You have vanilla and chocolate- conflicting and contradictory flavors that help to make you the complicated and delightful splendor that you are.
It's okay- I understand you. I understand you.
LOL

Your message was so true and funny. Do you have an extra spoon? Thank you for sharing.

You know you are an INFJ when you sense people's double messages---their words don't match their facial expressions or your intuitive insights about their feelings---so you go with your gut feeling about what you really think they are trying to say---that intuitive insightful stuff. And they deny that you are right because they want to keep living in denial as it feels safer to them than truth and reality. So you just say OK and try to find someone else to talk to who wants to share openly and honestly about what they are feeling. The truth will set you free but there is just no helping some people.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you are an INFJ when you sense people's double messages---their words don't match their facial expressions or your intuitive insights about their feelings---so you go with your gut feeling about what you really think they are trying to say---that intuitive insightful stuff. And they deny that you are right because they want to keep living in denial as it feels safer to them than truth and reality. So you just say OK and try to find someone else to talk to who wants to share openly and honestly about what they are feeling. The truth will set you free but there is just no helping some people.

I relate to this although I think I relate more to the 'what are they really thinking?' part than the 'They are totally not being honest' part. I DO, though, get strong vibes, like roadsigns, that warn me about things.

These people I tend to lay on heavy passive-aggressive pressure. I need to hang around ENTPs more so I can learn their rapier wit (just in case the passive aggression leads to open conflict from their side) :D

I also tend to avoid such people when I can. Avoiding takes precedence over passive aggression (Cause I hate conflict)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Bump!

You know you're an INFJ when you feel like you have said more when you have said less.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
When you can smell people by looking at them.

That makes sense only if you're an INFJ :laugh:

My hunches are more by color than by smell (I can barely smell most things anyway). But is more like I associate certain feels with certain hunches. Like 'INTPs are a soft-edged blue unless they're major T then they're more boxy blue'

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you really hurt my feelings. But dont mind, no matter what I touch today it all seems coming back to me

Scarfism

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think this is the first time I have said that without looking crazy. :D

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
:yes:

I'm starting to really think I'm a shoe in for the INFJ. Anyway, I'm with you on that 100%. Had a co-worker this summer tell me about her cheating on her husband. You know, after knowing her for all of a week. It seems like everyone wants to share any dark/weird stories with me.

And those are the ones who zero in on you at parties...help!

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think this is the first time I have said that without looking crazy. :D

On the contrary, I think it's a very Amelie-esque thing to say. My gf says she likes to smell people as they walk past her on the street. "Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad." :D