User Tag List

Page 84 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Its hard to describe in concrete terms, its like seeing the object, but through an invisible veil of Mind. It blurs reality and imagination.

You unconsciously see what the thing does, but know it more intimately than that. A metaphor would be if you knew a person and how they drive, and knew they were driving the car you're watching, and almost expecting everything that happens. That's Ni, you know what's inside the object and it blooms out to its aspects.

I'm sorry but I can't describe it better than that (You could look it up if you want to)
    Oh ok, so its like seeing the nuances of the object even its not directly noticeable, it's still there? Is it also kind of like knowing what a person is feeling but they don't say it directly?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Oh ok, so its like seeing the nuances of the object even its not directly noticeable, it's still there?
    I suppose that fits. Introverted Perceiving functions have a bias when viewing reality, so an object could internally be different to each person. Si is based off of past experiences while Ni is based off of all knowledge gathered and manipulated.

Is it also kind of like knowing what a person is feeling but they don't say it directly?
    I think that is an Fe/Ni quirk, Fe can sense what a person feels to a certain extent, while Ni knows the person/personality in their own way, making the knowledge of the person's feelings more certain in the person's mind.

-You know youre an INFJ when you can explain something deep from an inference you suddenly 'Eureka-d' up a day before. You just hope people think that you're as right as you think you are about it.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by karenk View Post
    Yea, I've always been like that too.
    Me too! I couldn't locate the bathroom in my studio apartment with a roadmap, but I have a knack for time.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

*You know you're an INFJ when the only reason people get more done that you is because you're not only measuring twice, you've measured every possible deviance and have calculated everything. (Stupid Aux Ti )
    Urgh! That's so true - it makes me a good scientist, but I can be over-cautious sometimes. I've learned to use auxiliary Fe to overcome the tertiary Ti "analysis paralysis" by basically asking a colleague for a second opinion when I get stuck.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Senior Member Array

Is it also kind of like knowing what a person is feeling but they don't say it directly?
    - You know you're an INFJ is this makes you wonder: "Doesn't everyone have that?"
    - You know you're an INFJ when you get a feeling of people you're watching from distance. (like spotting someone randomly)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

by basically asking a colleague for a second opinion when I get stuck.
    +1, I do this all the time. I WILL ask for directions if I'm lost

- You know youre an INFJ when you want to think of more 'Youre an INFJ when...' things but dont want to pull all the weight (*Cough* )
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Sniffles

You know you're an INFJ when the only reason people get more done that you is because you're not only measuring twice, you've measured every possible deviance and have calculated everything. (Stupid Aux Ti )
    I'm constantly like this at work, when trying to make assessments concerning quality of our products. My supervisors always get annoyed with me over this. Ironic I know.

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    - You know you're an INFJ is this makes you wonder: "Doesn't everyone have that?"
    Definitely so!

You're more paranoid than other types

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

When you love entps!! -Group hug ppl, COME ON-
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE