User Tag List

Page 82 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    INFJ if... You can be sure of some idea one minute, and the next some new information, that might not even matter, makes you feel totally shaky on your idea. This caused me a lot of trouble when even trying to figure out my type among other problems.
    Hmm, yes. I may not always check the facts when I come up with an idea, but the second information I hadn't considered appears, I'm jumpy and absolutely ready to rebuild the idea from the ground up with consideration for that information. Which makes me bad in debates/discussions when I haven't done my homework. I have low "conceptual" confidence.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Hmm, yes. I may not always check the facts when I come up with an idea, but the second information I hadn't considered appears, I'm jumpy and absolutely ready to rebuild the idea from the ground up with consideration for that information. Which makes me bad in debates/discussions when I haven't done my homework. I have low "conceptual" confidence
    (What do you mean by 'conceptual confidence?')

For me, everything is up in the air and when I develop a sort of 'plan' of understanding (Like in math, I understand the new concepts by building off of the old, making them 'mine'). If the plan needs to be reworked I get irritable because I have to start over from the start to get that new information to fit. It's mostly a low-energy thing I think, when I have high energy I'll roll with it.

I find that I doodle during lectures since it takes effort for me to conceptualize through words, if I have a piece of text I slowly grind through it, making notesi n the margins and doodling little visual diagrams. I am definitely a visual/kinaesthetic learner.

In debates, I hate being limited by a certain side (Unless I believe in it) so I just questioned everyone's reasoning to promote a deeper grasp of the concept among everyone. These were in discussions on Supreme Court cases in a government class. (A Socratic Seminar if youre familiar with it)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

(What do you mean by 'conceptual confidence?')
    Oh, I was trying to come up with a term for lacking confidence with ideas or thoughts. By that I mean what I described in my previous post. Being unsure about the validity of my thoughts and very anxious in the face of contrary information.

I find that I doodle during lectures since it takes effort for me to conceptualize through words, if I have a piece of text I slowly grind through it, making notesi n the margins and doodling little visual diagrams. I am definitely a visual/kinaesthetic learner.
    I do the same, except my doodles have nothing to do with the lecture. They just help to focus on what I'm hearing.

In debates, I hate being limited by a certain side (Unless I believe in it) so I just questioned everyone's reasoning to promote a deeper grasp of the concept among everyone. These were in discussions on Supreme Court cases in a government class. (A Socratic Seminar if youre familiar with it)
    So, you tend to play Devil's Advocate just to get someone who's very one-sided to consider how similar the issue is for the opposing side and end up doing it for both sides impartially? (That may have been what you're saying anyway.)

Because I've done that.

Robert Frost

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Oh, I was trying to come up with a term for lacking confidence with ideas or thoughts. By that I mean what I described in my previous post. Being unsure about the validity of my thoughts and very anxious in the face of contrary information.
    Oh, That's exactly what happens for me. I'm rarely sure of my thoughts unless I'm in Shadow Mode, then I don't really thing so it doesn't matter

The main difference between me and my INTP friend is that he is more competitive and wants to win a game, while I want to enjoy playing it. In Age of Empires, for example, he likes to win and power-game, I like to watch my city grow and evolve.

I do the same, except my doodles have nothing to do with the lecture. They just help to focus on what I'm hearing.
    I guess I do that to a point, but I don't think I'm actually listening to the teacher consciously for the most part. I draw a lot of eyes and abstract things. The faster I draw the better I do, I think its because I get so nitpicky otherwise.

So, you tend to play Devil's Advocate just to get someone who's very one-sided to consider how similar the issue is for the opposing side and end up doing it for both sides impartially? (That may have been what you're saying anyway.)

Because I've done that.
    For me its natural to do that. Ive been told I would be a great lawyer a few years back for it. I don't think so now since it requires lots of memorization and you're being payed to defend/attack one person, not to find out if he is guilty or innocent. I think I would be great on a jury though.

-You know you're an INFJ when you remember more for other people than your remember for yourself sometimes.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

-You know you're an INFJ when you remember more for other people than your remember for yourself sometimes.

all.the.time. I'm always brought in to tell the rest of the story.
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess I do that to a point, but I don't think I'm actually listening to the teacher consciously for the most part. I draw a lot of eyes and abstract things. The faster I draw the better I do, I think its because I get so nitpicky otherwise.
    No way, you tend to draw eyes too? Eyes always end up showing up at some point when I doodle. Like I'm trying to create some sort of mirror or something.

Robert Frost

Senior Member Array Silent Stars's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

I've only ever been any good at technical drawing (blueprints for house designs and such) and geometric designs.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

In order for me to pay attention in school, I had to draw. I only had one teacher understand that.

^Silent Stars - most of my drawing is very technical too. Very geometric and always symetrical.
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Very geometric and always symetrical.
    Me too! But they always come out runic or very abstract. I've toyed with making a different language/alphabet a few times but always get bored - I tend to have more doodles than notes in class (And the occasional epiphany that I HAVE to write in the margins and keep)

I used to have a huge problem with art because I needed it to be PERFECT and all symmetrical, I hated the general body proportions part because of that reason, the details were fun. I'm actually toying with becoming an architect.

No way, you tend to draw eyes too? Eyes always end up showing up at some point when I doodle. Like I'm trying to create some sort of mirror or something.
    Ive always wondered if the eyes had a symbolic meaning like: 'God is watching me' or 'I can see deep' - I think its both :p - The best doodle sessions are when my INTP friend and I go a stream of consciousness type thing on a large piece of paper, it turns out like a Where's Waldo picture

- You know you're an INFJ when in a team situation if there isn't another, more forceful J in tow, you're the gung-ho leader.

- And when sometimes you feel that if youre not working with people, you're wasting your time.

-Nightwish

- You know you're an INFJ when in a team situation if there isn't another, more forceful J in tow, you're the gung-ho leader.
    So True! Whenever put into class groups I always wait to see if someone will take up the reigns. If no one does I groan inside because then I have to do all the assigning and prodding and such