• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

B

ByMySword

Ever since I was quite small I have been fascinated with something similar - the ending of an order/beginning of a new order, transitions of power... fin de siecle, decline of empires... it's very interesting to be living in NYC with all that is going on atm.

+2

sade

Ever since I was quite small I have been fascinated with something similar - the ending of an order/beginning of a new order, transitions of power... fin de siecle, decline of empires... it's very interesting to be living in NYC with all that is going on atm.
+3
Highly fascinating and somewhat sad every now and then.

B

ByMySword

you don't anger easily, but when you do, people better watch out.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You can't stand people who are overly polite or who do too much "small"talk..You like being extremely close to people but you hold back because you think they can't handle it.:D

S

Sniffles

You can't stand people who are overly polite or who do too much "small"talk..You like being extremely close to people but you hold back because you think they can't handle it.:D(actually..maybe that's just me )

You know you're INFJ when you have to be constantly reminded that your eccentricities are not unique to you, but shared by all other INFJs as well. :tongue:

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
hehe, :blush:...let me edit that. I take that as a "I agree" by the way.

V

violaine

..You like being extremely close to people but you hold back because you think they can't handle it.:D

^I hate that part :( I think that's why some INFJs come across as cold when we are (I am?) not.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

So I'm not the only INFJ who read Andersonville when I was 15...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
everyone is convinced of your genius
you, on the left hand, are sold on your mediocrity-yet secretly smug about your brilliance

V

violaine

So I'm not the only INFJ who read Andersonville when I was 15...

^I haven't read it. I started reading Asterix and Obelix comic books when I was about 7 and the interest developed from that. :blush: (They're not popular in the US, but it's a series about a lone Gaulish village that is able to resist Roman occupation... <--- er, yeah they're a lot more entertaining than that sounds).

sade

^I haven't read it. I started reading Asterix and Obelix comic books when I was about 7 and the interest developed from that. :blush: (They're not popular in the US, but it's a series about a lone Gaulish village that is able to resist Roman occupation... <--- er, yeah they're a lot more entertaining than that sounds).

The lone Gaul village fighting off the Roman empire. You're not alone, those were great. Then again I read huge amounts of comic books when younger. :blush:

To the previous conversation, you know you're an INFJ when people come telling you they knew that you knew someone because you were standing *that* close to them. Or more likely wondering why you were standing that close in the first place. If only I could hug people in public or at least in private. You never know when they are okay with it..

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Do you seriously have a desire to hug strangers?
This is a sincere question.

sade

^ Me?
Ah no. I meant people I know and am close to. Friends, family etc.
I seem to unconsciously even keep the space between myself and family members & 2 best friends rather small. So I've sometimes been questioned as to why I was standing so close to that man? Aka my little brother.
I don't have a desire to hug strangers, but if there was a reason I'd need to hug a stranger (to comfort, a social situation, a play etc.) I wouldn't mind doing it.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

Actually my son and I read them after we'd plowed through all the available Tintins. Think they're still upstairs!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You feel your emotions much more strongly when you are alone.

redacted

You feel your emotions much more strongly when you are alone.

True.

Or when you're talking to a confidant about them.

It seems like INFJs always have a few confidants that they've deemed "strong enough" to hear their shit.

There are two modes: behind the scenes social facilitator, and feeling-processing. They can't really happen at the same time.