User Tag List

Page 79 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ

I gotta try this "sports" thing with my left hand...

1. does it take anyone else HOURS to get to sleep because your mind wont stop thinking?

Ive gone to bed before at 10, and havent been able to fall asleep till 3 am because ideas just keep popping up. So i try meditating...but for some reason i can't make myself fall asleep...just gotta wait for it to happen. (and no im not an insomniac)

2. I have this thing with dreams, where i'll have an amazingly detailed dream. then, a week, months, or years later, I'll go to sleep and it'll continue...its so cool! does anyone else have this?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Yeah, I eat left handed, too.

Define "sports".
    hmmm....see below for an example of "sports" Maybe I should have said recreational activities...does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I'm the opposite, I do everything with my right hand. And I guess I do "sports" with my left - if beating the biggest guy at my office at left-handed arm wrestling counts.
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

Welcome to Sunnyside Array Mondo's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This is true of the INFJ's I know.
    -You tend to ignore the facts of the situation and always go with your intuition- EVEN if 'foolish reason' gets in the way.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    1. does it take anyone else HOURS to get to sleep because your mind wont stop thinking?

Ive gone to bed before at 10, and havent been able to fall asleep till 3 am because ideas just keep popping up. So i try meditating...but for some reason i can't make myself fall asleep...just gotta wait for it to happen. (and no im not an insomniac)

2. I have this thing with dreams, where i'll have an amazingly detailed dream. then, a week, months, or years later, I'll go to sleep and it'll continue...its so cool! does anyone else have this?
    All of the above....check!
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

Senior Member Array LindseyLadybug's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I'm right-handed....except for when I eat finger foods.

Senior Member Array LindseyLadybug's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Yes, and it usually happens here at the dorms because it's noisy. I use noise cancellation headphones and listen to soothing music that relates to whatever I'm thinking/worrying about. It helps. If I don't have to be up early the next day, I roll with it and write down the ideas until I fall over. However, once I'm asleep, nothing wakes me up except for my alarm.

For like 6 years as a child, I had this reoccurring scary dream once every year on Christmas Eve. CREEPY!

Sometimes I can be dreaming, then wake up and if I didn't like the outcome, I can go right back to sleep and change it.

Senior Member Array StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

All of the above. Case in point: when I was fairly young, I had this odd dream that the Power Rangers [yes...i was an avid fan lol] were in trouble and Zordon teleported me to the command center. I became the new 'black ranger' [and i'm a girl o.O] and was sent to save them. In my dream, i became overwhelmed by the attacks of the Putty Patrol...and saw this strange 'to be continued...' before waking up.

Just last year did I have the rest of that dream. Oddly, this happened right after meeting Johnny Yong Bosch [Adam-- the black ranger after Zach on the show lol] at a convention. I was amazed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmclaughlin
    I write and eat left handed..I do "sports" right handed.
    That's precisely how I am. I bowl, throw, and bat right handed. I eat, catch, and write with my left hand.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    How many other INFJs are left handed?

I'm one. Any others?

Edit: Of course, I'm also right eye dominant which allows me to shoot a gun or a bow right handed. But I do everything else left handed: writing, throwing a ball, etc.
    Yes. I do "delicate" things that require finger-hand-eye precision with my left hand: writing, eating, and drawing. I do "strong and steady" things with my right hand: drinking, throwing, placing something down carefully, lifting/holding things. When it comes to speed, my right arm is much faster, which I guess means I'm right-eye dominant.

1. Yes. It takes me 1-2 hours to actually fall asleep because my mind will suddenly decide to think about problems I encountered that day and attempt to solve them. The result is usually me getting a little stressed instead of relaxed. I usually have a standard "fall asleep" day dream (one in which I'm mostly in action and not thinking or talking) that eventually works, but as soon as I try another day dream, I end up talking too much and I can't quiet myself.

2. Not really, but I do have dreams so detailed that I wake up and get confused for a little bit as to which is my real life.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    This is true of the INFJ's I know.
    -You tend to ignore the facts of the situation and always go with your intuition- EVEN if 'foolish reason' gets in the way.
    I live with enough NT types that I'm pretty good at reasoning by now; I think this goes mostly for INFJs that haven't developed their tertiary Ti as much yet.

I get to sleep fairly easily IF I can distract myself with daydreams before I sleep. I'm a twin, though, and have had many times in my life where I've had to ignore noise to sleep, so it's easier now. The most important thing is to switch your mind from "life" mode to "dream/fantasy" mode and let everything kind of melt away~

My dreams are often really detailed and very symbolic, but I don't get a lot of continuation; quite of bit of recurring themes, though (like tornadoes and big storms...)