• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, drunkards on the street have told me that I have an angry face. And I was just doing my own thing in my mind, not judging them :D

I've been asked, "What's wrong?!?!" as I just sit thinking about something. ha.

P

Phantonym

I've been asked, "What's wrong?!?!" as I just sit thinking about something. ha.

:shock: I get the same thing. I'm always baffled when people make such ridiculous assumptions. Why is that? I mean, when I see people I'm always in this 50/50 mode when I take into consideration that my assumptions might not be exactly correct. They say that seeing is believing but come on...give it some thought too :thinking:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
:shock: I get the same thing. I'm always baffled when people make such ridiculous assumptions. Why is that? I mean, when I see people I'm always in this 50/50 mode when I take into consideration that my assumptions might not be exactly correct. They say that seeing is believing but come on...give it some thought too :thinking:

I'm always tempted to ask an INFJ I know 'What's up?' or 'Whacha thinking about?' but I know it will only throw her off. It's tough to keep my Fe on a leash sometimes :)

You know you're an INFJ when you think you could totally pull off some of the things in Justine Larbalestier's book Magic or Madness like a 'radar' and just knowing how many of things there are with just a little bit more practice.

Ruby Tuesday

MBTI Type
INFJ
Late to the party! 155 pages, phew ....

I think it might be an INFJ thing that I have been asked for directions several times a month for about 20 years, even when (or perhaps especially when) I'm new to a place myself. And that often I can give them. And that when I've been to a place just once I can find it again, sometimes years later, and even in the dark: intuition as Human Compass. Or perhaps I'm just very lucky to have been born with that and it's nothing to do with Type.

There's another useful talent - seeing the end of last night's dream as soon as you lie down and close your eyes the following night, like picking up on a cliffhanger episode - that I've only ever heard of in INFJs, but again for all I know it's widespread/common.
I still have a great deal to learn here.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I retreat into my world of music ALL the time. I always have headphones on, 20% of the time, no music is playing. It's my, "I'm not in the mood to talk" mode.

I will match my music to whatever mood I'm in or based on what the weather is like.
Doing so helps me focus on whatever I'm doing or thinking about, it helps me experience things more and feel to a deeper level... its like steroids or something. (is that strange??)

People seems to read my face as someone who is pissed off or somethan. Usually I laugh it off because 9 times out of 10 I'm enjoying myself.

That happens to me too.
Just the other day someone asked me, "What are you upset about?".
"Nothing," I replied, "what are you talking about?"
"Oh, you just had this look on your face like you were really angry or something."

I was actually in a pretty good mood. *shrug*

P

Phantonym

I will match my music to whatever mood I'm in or based on what the weather is like.
Doing so helps me focus on whatever I'm doing or thinking about, it helps me experience things more and feel to a deeper level... its like steroids or something. (is that strange??)

:D No, it's not strange. I do this as well. It seems that the music I listen to sort of amplifies my mood at that particular point. Music helps to turn off all the disturbing "noises" from the outside world at that moment and it helps to really focus on my inner "peace". But that "peace" inside of me is like a continuous flow of energy that is all over the place and music kind of controls it or forces it to flow the way I want/need it to flow. Boy, I hope this makes any sense :laugh:

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:D No, it's not strange. I do this as well. It seems that the music I listen to sort of amplifies my mood at that particular point. Music helps to turn off all the disturbing "noises" from the outside world at that moment and it helps to really focus on my inner "peace". But that "peace" inside of me is like a continuous flow of energy that is all over the place and music kind of controls it or forces it to flow the way I want/need it to flow. Boy, I hope this makes any sense :laugh:

That makes perfect sense. It's almost like I wrote it.
Maybe I did write it... through the INFJ hive mind.

*high five*

S

Sniffles

Ever get the impression of your mind being like a stereo stucked on shuffle?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

Definitely! I can think of some topic and then a few seconds of 'disk switching' in my head happens and a different topic happens. Usually related in a vague, N way to the first. A lot of the time there isn't even that 'blank period' between topics.

A combination of that and a broken tape recorder. Some weeks I just have -some- phrase repeating itself in my head. It could be any random phrase. IT's irritating to a HUGE degree.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you stop and think about it, you can figure out what it's trying to tell you, and then it will go away.

(We all sound like a bunch of nuts ...)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
can talk about yourself allday long but have no clue about cars

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
can talk about yourself allday long but have no clue about cars

Like cars are important, they just get you from point a to point b. What's important is MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! (Exclamation points for emphasis! :D)

Actually I like to talk about other people too if the person I'm talking to knows that person. Keeps me from feeling self absorbed ( Even though I AM.... ;) )

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Late to the party! 155 pages, phew ....

I think it might be an INFJ thing that I have been asked for directions several times a month for about 20 years, even when (or perhaps especially when) I'm new to a place myself. And that often I can give them. And that when I've been to a place just once I can find it again, sometimes years later, and even in the dark: intuition as Human Compass. Or perhaps I'm just very lucky to have been born with that and it's nothing to do with Type.

There's another useful talent - seeing the end of last night's dream as soon as you lie down and close your eyes the following night, like picking up on a cliffhanger episode - that I've only ever heard of in INFJs, but again for all I know it's widespread/common.
I still have a great deal to learn here.

I have the direction sense thing too, exactly as you describe it. I think it's an aspect of intuition, since I'm hopeless at remembering specific details such as street names. I've known other dominant N-types with a similar intuitive direction sense, including my ENTP partner and my best INTJ friend.

As for the dream thing - I do that too, but not on separate nights. I can wake up from a really great dream and then deliberately re-enter it, but only on the same night.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My mind has always been like that. To gain some control over it, I imagine myself as a DJ, mixing and matching tunes (or thoughts) to suit my mood or current circumstances. My inner DJ is one of my most useful internal archetypes - give it a try yourself - you may be amazed at the results!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Like cars are important, they just get you from point a to point b. What's important is MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! (Exclamation points for emphasis! :D)

Actually I like to talk about other people too if the person I'm talking to knows that person. Keeps me from feeling self absorbed ( Even though I AM.... ;) )

Thanks, now I at least now that infjs DO need other people. I always thought they lead their troops on their own :)

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Hell yeah; I know I need other people. I'd get lost in the bowels of my own mind and never be able to return if it weren't for other people.

THAT would be scary.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Make sure to give MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! a big hug. MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! deserves it (and it's better than hugging a car)!
:wubbie:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I have the direction sense thing, too. I don't always remember street names but I remember a certain colored building at the corner or an unusual tree. I remember buildings that look as if they are haunted or buildings that look as if they have stories... and I can usually find my way after being there once.
But then again, I walk everywhere and am close to everything so I can see it and touch it and smell it.
Once I was told that, even though I am an isfp, there is a little infj inside of me.
So... you can talk to my inner infj if you like.
:hi:

I have the direction sense thing too, exactly as you describe it. I think it's an aspect of intuition, since I'm hopeless at remembering specific details such as street names. I've known other dominant N-types with a similar intuitive direction sense, including my ENTP partner and my best INTJ friend.

As for the dream thing - I do that too, but not on separate nights. I can wake up from a really great dream and then deliberately re-enter it, but only on the same night.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hey, I'm not even sure I'm aware or how strong my convictions are until I'm faced with something that makes my convictions surface :D

Yep, and they have to be authentic. It's just no good to believe I feel a certain way about something, I have to know it's the truth. I can't stand the idea that one day I'll find out that I never actually had the conviction at all. I don't think I could live with that. :cry: