• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

P

Phantonym

......you have an INTJ best friend. :D

You know, I think I AM my INTJ best friend. Seriously. I think I might be borderline T. It's like there's this one side of me that's totally an F going through all kinds of emotional and weird stuff and then there's this T side of me that rationalizes all that stuff. It's like a constant battle in my mind, or maybe not a battle but this friendly duel (is this an oxymoron? :D) between F and T.
Hello, cuckoo :doh:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know, I think I AM my INTJ best friend. Seriously. I think I might be borderline T. It's like there's this one side of me that's totally an F going through all kinds of emotional and weird stuff and then there's this T side of me that rationalizes all that stuff. It's like a constant battle in my mind, or maybe not a battle but this friendly duel (is this an oxymoron? :D) between F and T.

I can definitely tell when my functions work. INFJ is just the core type. I split off into different function uses. It really messed with me when I tried to type myself. I can definitely relate to the T-mind thing. It goes with one of the comments early in this thread 'You have the mind of a T but cant say 90% of it because it could hurt someone's feelings'

tibby

MBTI Type
fool

Sometimes it feels like Fe is pulling me back, other times, Ti. But rarely do they function in synchrony :doh: There's never complete peace, even though I'm trying to create something like SC to my head to calm things down, but even that backfires at me. The most peaceful times I get are when I engage a lot of my energies in Ni+Fe, or Se, and it's the worst (internal conflict) when I engage to Ni+Ti. I don't really understand functions well, but that's what it feels like.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
The most peaceful times I get are when I engage a lot of my energies in Ni+Fe, or Se, and it's the worst (internal conflict) when I engage to Ni+Ti. I don't really understand functions well, but that's what it feels like.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. Ni and Ti are very similar. Where Ni naturally sees connections, Ti creates them with logic. With this, Ti fights against Ni, questioning all of your main function's conclusions. It feels the same with Fe and shadow Fi, I could laugh at something but then feel bad for laughing at it because it seems morally wrong to laugh at it.

Sometimes it sucks having even your unconscious functions pipe up all the time. I've felt at times when I know how it feels to go insane. I mean the process of your mind stretching, not actually being insane. I let that out with a lot of eccentricity :D

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're an INFJ when you're ... Clumsy ?

I can be hyperaware of my body and yet be amazingly clumsy. "Where did that #¤&& chair come from"

I've too, too many examples of this to even begin to list them here! I'm infamous for spilling drinks. Either I miss the edge of the table and it falls over onto the floor, or I sweep my arm across while gesticulating and send it flying everywhere.

It's most annoying when it's a pint of beer or cider, a) for the volume of liquid and the collateral damage (everyone else in range) b) because I end up smelling like an alcoholic until I can change clothes, and c) because it's such a sheer waste of a good beverage.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. Ni and Ti are very similar. Where Ni naturally sees connections, Ti creates them with logic. With this, Ti fights against Ni, questioning all of your main function's conclusions. It feels the same with Fe and shadow Fi, I could laugh at something but then feel bad for laughing at it because it seems morally wrong to laugh at it.

Sometimes it sucks having even your unconscious functions pipe up all the time. I've felt at times when I know how it feels to go insane. I mean the process of your mind stretching, not actually being insane. I let that out with a lot of eccentricity :D

I've often thought if a psychiatrist ever gets hold of me then I'm doomed - I'd be carted off to a mental institution in a flash! :crazy:

I'm usually aware when an unconscious function has risen up into a dominant position. My changing avatars on this forum tend to reflect that. At present I'm using Professor Pat Pending, from the old Wacky Races cartoon. He's an archetype of my tertiary and somewhat child-like Ti function.

I'll change it soon, because my Trickster archetype has become highly prominent in the last week or two. In INFJs, Te is our Trickster function, and I'm beginning to realise that my Te is working far more effectively IRL than it ever has before. Maybe it's my next function to develop, now that I'm finally gaining conscious control over Se. I've yet to find an image to represent my Trickster, but as soon as I do I'll make it my new avatar!

Whee! More INFJ tangential ramblings - what fun! (Now that was definitely my Trickster speaking!) :hi:

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I'll change it soon, because my Trickster archetype has become highly prominent in the last week or two. In INFJs, Te is our Trickster function, and I'm beginning to realise that my Te is working far more effectively IRL than it ever has before. Maybe it's my next function to develop, now that I'm finally gaining conscious control over Se. I've yet to find an image to represent my Trickster, but as soon as I do I'll make it my new avatar!

Whee! More INFJ tangential ramblings - what fun! (Now that was definitely my Trickster speaking!) :hi:

You know you're an INFJ when... you sound like you have multiple personality disorder when you're trying to explain your mental workings and schemes :D

sade

You know you're an INFJ when you're ... Clumsy ?

I can be hyperaware of my body and yet be amazingly clumsy. "Where did that #¤&& chair come from"
... I just noticed a new bruise on my leg. Must have bumbed it on something. Damn chairs. :steam:
Overall my Se, even though I think it's pretty good, is a failure.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
... I just noticed a new bruise on my leg. Must have bumbed it on something. Damn chairs. :steam:
Overall my Se, even though I think it's pretty good, is a failure.

There are so many minor wounds I don't notice until they're already half healed and I wonder 'Where'd this come from?'

B

ByMySword

I can definitely tell when my functions work. INFJ is just the core type. I split off into different function uses. It really messed with me when I tried to type myself. I can definitely relate to the T-mind thing. It goes with one of the comments early in this thread 'You have the mind of a T but cant say 90% of it because it could hurt someone's feelings'

Yes. :yes:

Sometimes it feels like Fe is pulling me back, other times, Ti. But rarely do they function in synchrony :doh: There's never complete peace, even though I'm trying to create something like SC to my head to calm things down, but even that backfires at me. The most peaceful times I get are when I engage a lot of my energies in Ni+Fe, or Se, and it's the worst (internal conflict) when I engage to Ni+Ti. I don't really understand functions well, but that's what it feels like.

I have this same problem.

Peace?...........No peace. :dont:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
*Yanks a post from earlier in the thread*

..., but still creeped out because people seem to be inside your head. Or maybe it's just me.

I tend to think the same thing as someone else WHEN they think it it seems like, and I tend to say it. My dad commented one that I'm the guy that says the stuff everyone else is thinking.

So I guess I point at the elephant in the room? :huh:

Lotr246

You appear to be an INTP...although, it seems you're the farthest thing from it. I agree with everyone else, Ni-Ti is the worst. Would you say this occurs when no one is around because then you have no outlet for your Fe?

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
I cannot tune out a conversation near me, yet walls can sneak up on me.
I feel like a paradox in that I see spelling errors, but don't have the heart to correct them unless I think no one will notice.
I have a sense of humor that ranges from vehemently disturbing to cute kitty things.
I notice everyone else's bruises & cuts, but rarely ever my own.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I cannot tune out a conversation near me, yet walls can sneak up on me.
I feel like a paradox in that I see spelling errors, but don't have the heart to correct them unless I think no one will notice.
I have a sense of humor that ranges from vehemently disturbing to cute kitty things.
I notice everyone else's bruises & cuts, but rarely ever my own.

I really relate to the bolded ones. My brother, after I moan about his talking being annoying, replies "Then just don't listen." I can't do that :steam:

My humor likes to lean towards the disturbing kind, but I've been learning to hold it back for the sanity of everyone around me (Except my INTP friend, he's an anime buff, so he has a high tolerance for insanity :D)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
So true! Studying in public places, a library, is difficult for me for that very reason. I also cannot read a book in public. It's much too distracting.

It's some of the reason I have a pseudo-symbiotic bond with my iPod :D

Music is less distracting that someone who's talking nearby. Though it annoys people who are actually trying to get my attention.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i'll try one (let me know if you can relate or if i fail please)

You know you're an INFJ when..... you only really like surprises and unexpected gifts if you know beforehand what they are :alttongue:

(could just be me though, but i hate all those unexpect things)

While in the shower, you can't remember if you just washed your hair, so you wash it again.

I do this all the time, lol

I also do my best thinking in the shower, and i often forget how long i've been in there

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
When you talk to your parfait and say things like-
You understand me parfait- you have layers like I do
We like the same things.
You have vanilla and chocolate- conflicting and contradictory flavors that help to make you the complicated and delightful splendor that you are.
It's okay- I understand you. I understand you.
LOL

B

ByMySword

....when you can't let a confrontation go until its been resolved. :doh:

I'll be in my blog.......