• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was thinking along the same lines as Sky is Blue and Kyrielle.

And by the way, Kyrielle:

"God tolerates evil and accommplishes His good purposes from it."
-Journey

(Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. KJV)

:) A fine answer. There is no right or wrong answer, but I do love asking questions and it is good to see you have found an answer.

IndifferentOne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to sometimes talk in cirlces when I am writing a paper. I think this is largely due to the fact that I want to elaborate on an idea, but I can't always find the words to do so. I end up restating an already stated idea in hopes that something will come to my mind. Granted, I am a very strong writer, however I tend to have the "superman" problem where my brain thinks faster than I can talk. I can't catch my train of thought.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to sometimes talk in cirlces when I am writing a paper. I think this is largely due to the fact that I want to elaborate on an idea, but I can't always find the words to do so. I end up restating an already stated idea in hopes that something will come to my mind. Granted, I am a very strong writer, however I tend to have the "superman" problem where my brain thinks faster than I can talk. I can't catch my train of thought.

This is quite normal for INFJs, I often go around in circles when I'm trying to write down a complex idea. It's not always a bad thing, either. It allows the reader to explore your ideas from many different perspectives, which is how INJs tend to think.

As for the superspeed trains of thought - just be grateful for the ones you do manage to catch. Most INJs would go crazy if we were able to hold on to all of the thousands of thoughts that flit through our minds on a daily (hourly?) basis!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

Definitely! It's part of the reason my handwriting is so sloppy, because if I don't keep up with my train of thought, I end up back at square one. I also like typing because it's more uniform and the margins are automatic (My notes in school are crammed with notes in the margin... mainly because I have doodles everywhere else :rolleyes:)

I also find that when I want to elaborate, I cant because I have a different, good thought coming from another direction and I have to get THAT one down or risk losing it all together.

INFJs dont need extreme sports, trying to write a paper is harrowing enough sometimes! :D

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
Definitely! It's part of the reason my handwriting is so sloppy, because if I don't keep up with my train of thought, I end up back at square one. I also like typing because it's more uniform and the margins are automatic (My notes in school are crammed with notes in the margin... mainly because I have doodles everywhere else :rolleyes:)

I also find that when I want to elaborate, I cant because I have a different, good thought coming from another direction and I have to get THAT one down or risk losing it all together.

INFJs dont need extreme sports, trying to write a paper is harrowing enough sometimes! :D

I've actually gotten into the practice of writing a (very) shorthand note type thing to remind myself of the first thought while I follow the second.

More often than not, though, it's incomplete, like a question mark hanging off of already cramped chicken-scratch notes.

Also, I am often unaware of my own convictions as well.
There are a few, however, that I just don't feel like sharing with the rest of the world, namely, because they aren't up for debate. My mind is made up, and I know people will ask questions, and try to argue... etc. and I just don't want to go there. Other things, just don't seem like they need to be shared. No one cares about my weird obsessive reasons for eating lunch at a particular time, or why I prefer one pair of socks over another, so unless I'm on Ti/Se blowout mode (lol) no one will hear about it. :)

Still other things, I am perfectly comfortable sharing, and others aren't sure what to make of it at first because the subject isn't something you "ought" to discuss... I am the most secretive queen of TMI ever.

That was a pretty good example of a "thought tangent", actually...

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No one cares about my weird obsessive reasons for eating lunch at a particular time, or why I prefer one pair of socks over another, so unless I'm on Ti/Se blowout mode (lol) no one will hear about it. :)

OMG, you do that too! No-one can understand why I eat my lunch so much later than everyone else, and I do the sock thing, too. Don't even get me started on my preferred method for stacking my dishwasher - guests soon learn never to try to "help" by stacking it for me. Only my mother can do it "properly", in fact her system was better than my own, damn it!

These behviours originate from our inferior Se. There is not an INFJ or INTJ on the planet who does not have a few weird little obsessive quirks, no matter how much they may deny it! :wacko:

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
OMG, you do that too! No-one can understand why I eat my lunch so much later than everyone else, and I do the sock thing, too. Don't even get me started on my preferred method for stacking my dishwasher - guests soon learn never to try to "help" by stacking it for me. Only my mother can do it "properly", in fact her system was better than my own, damn it!

These behviours originate from our inferior Se. There is not an INFJ or INTJ on the planet who does not have a few weird little obsessive quirks, no matter how much they may deny it! :wacko:

You have no idea how glad I am to know that these things aren't just me. Lol... I am so glad I found this site...
(My grandmother's dishwasher loading system reigns in my house, and my mother hates that I use it at her house, too.)

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
This thread makes me happy.

Now I know I'm not a freak... well, I am a freak, but there are other freaks like me who I can relate to. :wacko: Hi freaks.

Yes, I read through every page... though over the course of about a week, I might add. There is so much posted here that I can see in myself, that if I were to quote it all and agree with it I'd probably end up spamming up half the page or more. Anyway, I figured I'd try to contribute instead. I had a lot of 'you know you're an INFJ when...' ideas as I was reading through everything... but now I've completely forgotten them all. Yeah, I bet you all saw that one coming. They're there, somewhere in the back of my brain, but they're refusing to come forward at the moment.

Ugh. Why did I not write these things doooown? :doh:

Uhm... yeah, you know you're an INFJ when you forget your ideas as quickly as you realise them.
I think that one has already been established though.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you know you're an INFJ when....

you watch " Knowing " and thought someone made a movie off of your diary

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uhm... yeah, you know you're an INFJ when you forget your ideas as quickly as you realise them.
I think that one has already been established though.

It's true - I forget things all the time. I actually have an excellent memory (mostly for useless trivia), but when I'm under pressure I can even forget my own name!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
It's true - I forget things all the time. I actually have an excellent memory (mostly for useless trivia), but when I'm under pressure I can even forget my own name!

Yup!

And I have a question about snagging one relationship-wise. There's an INFJ girl I know who is a huge Doer (If she isnt doing something she's probably pacing in circles until there is something). I can definitely see the resemblances to myself and it's an immediate attraction. Only problem is I have no idea how to approach her. All I know is that I should steer clear while the ESTP converses with her (He seems attracted to her, but as far as I know doesn't go out of his way unless they happen to both be at a gathering)

Any suggestions? Ideas? Comments? :confused:

sade

^ Ah, start a conversation about some project she's on, and start derailing from there. Perhaps?
Can't think of anything else, I'm sleepy..

Lotr246

Do you find you ask others a lot of questions for the sake of stimulating conversation? Usually, I know the answer the other person is going to give, but I just like to focus my attention on the other person and keep the conversation going.

Also, on a bad day, I find myself to be quite misanthropic and critical of others in my own head without wanting to be. I rarely voice my negative opinions of others, though. Would you agree with this?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you find you ask others a lot of questions for the sake of stimulating conversation? Usually, I know the answer the other person is going to give, but I just like to focus my attention on the other person and keep the conversation going.

Also, on a bad day, I find myself to be quite misanthropic and critical of others in my own head without wanting to be. I rarely voice my negative opinions of others, though. Would you agree with this?

Yes.

And yes. Though, if someone asks me what I think of them, on bad days, I have little trouble telling them very flatly what I'm thinking. For example, a friend just asked me what I thought of him after a ton of drama going on between him and another friend. I told him I thought he was spineless, but didn't hold that against him.

It was an interesting conversation that followed. I feel lucky that it didn't break into an argument. Sometimes, I can be a right bitch.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Being the mega-introvert I am (Ni and Ti ganged up on Fe, and Se is just a little psycho) I have a tendency to be very blunt. If I don't want you around, I will act like sandpaper, usually by being very derogatory (Constantly pointing out flaws in their character, etc). A lot of people only get to see that side of me. I think of that, remembering something from the beginning of the thread, as Fe being used as a lead pipe.

Ah, start a conversation about some project she's on, and start derailing from there. Perhaps?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Something like that happened at our school's open house. She was there with one of her projects. I still poke myself for not vocalizing the cool parts of it. I chalk it up to being nervous and feeling awkward. I noticed a couple times when I lost her attention when I was talking, and chalk THAT up to my tendency to mumble.

R

Riva

You know you're an INFJ when...

you use :hug: after every one of your arguments.