• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You know you're an INFJ when...

You feel guilty for "spamming" the Super Hawt Female Thread.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you'll organize your groceries by weight, food group, and edibility ; get rang up.....
then forget to bring them with you to the car

B

ByMySword

when saying/writing something, you instinctively go overboard in expressing yourself, and then once you're finished, you realize that there's totally a much simpler way of saying it that gets the point across better than you did with your long explanation.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D

Eeps I think we have some kind of consensus... (though, my 'sexual humor', or at least what comes out of my mouth might be a little lighter.)

- People think you're an extrovert... until they try and drop by unexpectedly, hehe.... Release the hounds!

- You don't mind queuing for extended periods of time, this is when you have your most blistering insights... (usually into yourself).

- You kept switching off Katie Couric's interview with Sarah Palin. It was giving you major dumbchills.

- You are shy but wildly adventurous.

- You know which dreams you should pay attention to.... and you do.

- You're allergic to control, that is, others attempting to control you and you controlling others.

- Haha, if you haven't made yourself get used to it yet, being looked at by someone directly for any extended period of time feels like being lasered through to the core.

- You judge your date by how well they treat the wait-staff... this judgement is hard to unseat...

- You really miss playing with lego (ok, maybe that's all adults).

Get outta my head! *tears hair out*

But seriously, I laughed so hard at the first and third points I scared my dog.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Too bad. I feel like the outcast of INFJs. Most of these things sound completely random to me.

I relate more to the average INTP anyway.

Realization? or aspiration?

V

violaine

when saying/writing something, you instinctively go overboard in expressing yourself, and then once you're finished, you realize that there's totally a much simpler way of saying it that gets the point across better than you did with your long explanation.

That's what the edit button is for! And you know that, but being INFJ you are caught between wanting to keep things private/simple and feeling like you're betraying yourself if you censor yourself too much.

Get outta my head! *tears hair out*

But seriously, I laughed so hard at the first and third points I scared my dog.

:D

B

ByMySword

That's what the edit button is for! And you know that, but being INFJ you are caught between wanting to keep things private/simple and feeling like you're betraying yourself if you censor yourself too much.

Yeah the edit button is my friend.

And so true on the censoring! :doh:

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
...And you stay at a job you HATE, where everyone is rude and unfair and downright horrible to you every single day, simply because you signed a one-year contract with them and you have it stuck in your head that you can actually help change these people.

lol

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
- People think you're an extrovert... until they try and drop by unexpectedly, hehe.... Release the hounds!

- You don't mind queuing for extended periods of time, this is when you have your most blistering insights... (usually into yourself).

- You kept switching off Katie Couric's interview with Sarah Palin. It was giving you major dumbchills.

- You are shy but wildly adventurous.

- You know which dreams you should pay attention to.... and you do.

- You're allergic to control, that is, others attempting to control you and you controlling others.

- Haha, if you haven't made yourself get used to it yet, being looked at by someone directly for any extended period of time feels like being lasered through to the core.

- You judge your date by how well they treat the wait-staff... this judgement is hard to unseat...

- You really miss playing with lego (ok, maybe that's all adults).

These were all right on. Legos...that's why you have children, so you get another crack at them. But no one took me seriously when I asked for the deluxe Millenium Falcon kit so it could fly above my desk...

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People have told me that I'm very cold. I think its because when analyzing other people's problems, we're very NT about it. Its only around those closest to us that our NF really shows through.

I agree 100 percent. My INTJ friend is more helpful with "others' " issues than I am.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
When people ask you for advice yet fear simultaneously asking for advice because they know you can be painfully honest. Basically people would rather not ask your opinion on certain things :D like those terrible jeans they were wearing.

S

Sniffles

your mental workings are the internal equivalent of the Civil War.

Well that explains my fascination with that time era. In fact come to think of it, the most interesting time periods of ANY country's history is their civil wars.

Oh yeah....I like guns too.

sade

When you're happy that this thread exists because others seem to experience the same things as you, but still creeped out because people seem to be inside your head. Or maybe it's just me.
:doh: yes..

S

Sniffles

Yeah which brings up another point: You know you're INFJ if you constantly fall victim to the old saying "Great minds think alike". Your own thoughts and conclusions seem to match up perfectly well with those other people(especially other INFJs); and as a result you're often accused of lacking originality.

B

ByMySword

Well that explains my fascination with that time era. In fact come to think of it, the most interesting time periods of ANY country's history is their civil wars.

Oh yeah....I like guns too.

FINALLY, ANOTHER WHO UNDERSTANDS!!!!!!!!!!!

:nice:

G

Glycerine

when you second guess yourself because you overanalyze and then get mad after you realize you were right in the first place.

B

ByMySword

when texting or on instant messaging, you still write everything out grammatically correct.

V

violaine

Well that explains my fascination with that time era. In fact come to think of it, the most interesting time periods of ANY country's history is their civil wars...

Ever since I was quite small I have been fascinated with something similar - the ending of an order/beginning of a new order, transitions of power... fin de siecle, decline of empires... it's very interesting to be living in NYC with all that is going on atm.