User Tag List

Page 67 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Sniffles

I don't know, can any of guys relate to this description of Lev Shestov? As for myself, I can't help but laugh everytime I read it - because I can relate to it so much:
    "Shestov's philosophy is, at first sight, not a philosophy at all: it offers no systematic unity, no coherent set of propositions, no theoretical explanation of philosophical problems. Most of Shestov's work is fragmentary. With regard to the form (he often used aphorisms) the style may be deemed more web-like than linear, and more explosive than argumentative. The author seems to contradict himself on every page, and even seeks out paradoxes. This is because he believes that life itself is, in the last analysis, deeply paradoxical, and not comprehensible through logical or rational inquiry. Shestov maintains that no theory can solve the mysteries of life. Fundamentally, his philosophy is not 'problem-solving', but problem-generating, with a pronounced emphasis on life's enigmatic qualities."

Lev Shestov - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You know you're INFJ when negative descriptions of your type are a source of endless humour.

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I don't know, can any of guys relate to this description of Lev Shestov. As for myself, I can't help laugh everytime I read it - because I can relate to it so much:

You know you're INFJ when negative descriptions of your type are a source of endless humour.
    Yeah, "paradox" is a word I use a lot to explain how I see the world. I believe that Ni is the function which is most comfortable with paradox and best understands its implications.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

violaine

^When I was really young finding the word 'paradox' and understanding the concept was a revelation. I could finally put a word to what I was always (and will always be) captivated by.

Yes, I agree with his description a lot. His views on philosophy are almost identical to mine, in that, he doesn't believe in a strictly rationally based philosophy. I can also relate to the fragmentary presentation of his ideas. Also, in his description, it says he was influenced by Kierkegaard and Dostoevsky. Two authors who have been crucial in the development of my views as well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I don't know, can any of guys relate to this description of Lev Shestov? As for myself, I can't help but laugh everytime I read it - because I can relate to it so much:

I can relate to it also. Logic has always been down the list for me when it comes to explaining life and the universe. It is more saved for translating ideas to others.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

I really relate to this:

"This is because he believes that life itself is, in the last analysis, deeply paradoxical, and not comprehensible through logical or rational inquiry."

MBTI
    fool

You know you're an INFJ when in your closest relationships people will state/feel the following: "I've never met anyone who understands me as well as you do" or "has this kind of connection with".

Sniffles

I especially relate to Shestov's claim that life and the universe are an endless enigma. If life were not a deep mystery, then it just wouldn't have any real meaning IMO.

Hence why I have little tolerance for those with a more reductionist approach to things. Yes reason and logic have their place, but one must also recognise that reason and logic can go so far in many respects.

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when in your closest relationships people will state/feel the following: "I've never met anyone who understands me as well as you do" or "has this kind of connection with".
    Yes I hear this alot.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Yes. I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down, man. Totally.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

... when you look for something to munch on and look in the fridge, find nothing... a few seconds later look in the fridge again to see if you missed something... and find nothing. You give up and grab a bag of chips.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.