User Tag List

Page 66 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

That's okay I'm "working" so I completely understand.

Senior Member Array

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    kmclaughlin, I believe what you experienced would be the NORM for any INFJ. I feel therapy is a waste of time for us. Life-coaching might be a better alternative, since it is more action-based, rather than feeling-based.

Side note:

I just realized why I hate therapists so much. I never felt they respected my individuality & complexities and seem determined to box me in with trite scripts/solutions for my life.
    I think it might also be because by the time we go to a therapist, and while we know how to fix our problems and we know what's wrong, we do not know if what we feel is normal and if our plan of action is the best one. Maybe we just want someone to validate our feelings. I know whenever things are going horribly wrong I usually need someone to listen to what I'm thinking and feeling so I can get it out of my mind and look at it from another angle.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    I kept journals religiously but stopped about two years ago when I realized for millions of years, I've been writing about the same things. Seriously. 16 and 21 and 25 and 40 all looked the same to me. I have tons of journals I have no idea what to do with. As an INFJ, journalling and therapy keeps me connected to the feelings I actually want to DUMP! I mean, who knows what they are feeling better than INFJs?

I know the general consensus is that these activities are good for the growth of any individual, but I believe journalling/therapy is better for types who aren't connected to their feelings so much. For me it feels like I'm rehashing stuff I already know.

I've had many a therapist in my life. I wanted them to tell me something new, zone in on what was wrong with me to explain the life I've lived, something I didn't already know about myself. I wanted it all to be revolutionary, and smart, and life-altering. I never got that. I always came out of sessions feeling I would be a much better therapist than the rote, book-learned, disconnected therapist sitting in front of me.

Wow, I didn't realize my response to this thread would turn into a mini-rant. Oh well...
    Yeah, I know what you mean. After a few sessions, my last therapist sort of became a "friend." We would exchange ideas and share interests, which was nice, but definitely not what I needed. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Sniffles

I'm my own therapist. Scarry thought isn't it?

i had a therapist too--she basically told me i learned so fast, i should only set up an appointment when i needed one. havent been back in a while....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I think it might also be because by the time we go to a therapist, and while we know how to fix our problems and we know what's wrong, we do not know if what we feel is normal and if our plan of action is the best one. Maybe we just want someone to validate our feelings. I know whenever things are going horribly wrong I usually need someone to listen to what I'm thinking and feeling so I can get it out of my mind and look at it from another angle.
    I think this hits the nail on the head. it hard though, to find the right person to confide in. thankfully i found another INFJ and weve been confiding in eachother ever since; stuff I never would have told a soul otherwise

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm my own therapist. Scarry thought isn't it?
    Me too!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Whoops. I've been like this all day. Completely tired, and not completely sure what I'm talking about. I think I was talking to you.. I've been trying to study for tomorrows exam without giving myself any slack so I'm completely incomphensable to even myself right now.
    You know you´re an INFJ when youre completely incomprehensible even to yourself!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    You know you´re an INFJ when youre completely incomprehensible even to yourself!
    Oh yes, not to mention that if others manage to hear your incomprehensible thoughts - they insist it's the most brillian thing they ever heard.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Oh yes, not to mention that if others manage to hear your incomprehensible thoughts - they insist it's the most brillian thing they ever heard.
    Yeah, that´s happened to me many times. It find it quite embarassing!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush