Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by kmclaughlin View Post

You know you're and INFJ when you spent hours reading about what it's like to be and INFJ but you can't/don't want to post yet b/c you haven't finished reading the ENTIRE thread for fear that someone else already said the same thing and you don't want to look like an idiot.
    I haven't posted in this thread yet simply for this reason. I hate redundancy. I think you just won this thread.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I haven't posted in this thread yet simply for this reason. I hate redundancy. I think you just won this thread.
    ^hehe I do too, BUT I love when INFJ freely express. It's like getting 'blood from a stone' sometimes.

Senior Member Array

You know you're and INFJ when you spent hours reading about what it's like to be and INFJ but you can't/don't want to post yet b/c you haven't finished reading the ENTIRE thread for fear that someone else already said the same thing and you don't want to look like an idiot.
    Bingo. Must stop doing that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^hehe I do too, BUT I love when INFJ freely express. It's like getting 'blood from a stone' sometimes.
    Yep, I hesitated posting here at first. I was a lurker for like a month. Buuuuuuut, I finally took the plunge.

And, yes, I'm trying my best to freely express and fight the urge to cancel my posts and silently observe.

This thread title should be changed to "INFJ Endless Stream of Consciousness."

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If anyone should be canceling their posts it's some of the INTPs and ENTPs here, not any of the INFJs, it would probably take a lot for one to get annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

I just wish I could type as fast as my head threw thoughts. I know that's been discussed but it's seriously one thing that really bugs me about me. It keeps me from getting the point across or the feelings expressed and I end up just keeping my mouth shut.

Anyone ever try writing in a journal?? I love the idea and always start one with the intention of just letting my brain throw up on the page...but I never make it past the first page. I sit and think about what I want to write and if it's good enough to put on paper and end up writing about nothing that's actually wanting out. I get stage fright putting my own thoughts on paper. WTF is that? hehe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post

Couldn't agree more

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

You know you're an INFJ when you find posting on this board is exhausting.

Maybe it's just me but I feel wayyyyy out of my element on a message board.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

It is exhausting! I've only been here 1 day...all day mind you...I'm trying to read and learn as much as I can...and I'm still feeling like I can't get to the level of everyone else here. Even if I never post again, I LOVE that I am not alone and I'm not wierd!!!!!

Sniffles

I just wish I could type as fast as my head threw thoughts. I know that's been discussed but it's seriously one thing that really bugs me about me. It keeps me from getting the point across or the feelings expressed and I end up just keeping my mouth shut.
    Oh yes I can relate. In my blog, I lamented that only a small fraction of my thoughts ever see the light of day. There's a whole universe that other people simply don't get to see.

Anyone ever try writing in a journal?? I love the idea and always start one with the intention of just letting my brain throw up on the page...but I never make it past the first page. I sit and think about what I want to write and if it's good enough to put on paper and end up writing about nothing that's actually wanting out. I get stage fright putting my own thoughts on paper. WTF is that? hehe
    I can relate. This is especially true with incidents in the past where if I left my thoughts on paper, somebody else would find them and read them and of course mock me for thinking such things. You know how kids are. :rolli:

I find that less to be a problem today, but still....I always seek to keep my journals and such under tight guard.

I can relate to your feelings of not being able to write in your journals because you think it isn't forth putting on paper. It's something you have to gradually get used to, and just think it doesn't have to be great writing per se. In all probability, the only person reading this stuff is you - or people you show it to. So writing formalities are nothing you should worry about too much.

Heck, I'll tell you this right now that many of my thoughts are written down quite randomly. I even draw arrows showing the proper order that they should be read in. The most important thing to keep in mind at that moment is to just simply get the thoughts down. You can rearrange as you go, or do it later. Just get the thoughts down.

And these thoughts can be several pages long, or simply just a paragraph or two. It is quite satisfying when you see something written down.

So don't force yourself, just let it come to you gradually. I find it amazing to go back and see first-hand the development of my thoughts over time.