User Tag List

Page 55 of 235 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    That wasn't one of my better posts. I did spot a grammar problem (or two), but I didn't see any notable spelling errors. Most of my errors are caused by me going back and restructuring my sentences for clarity's sake. Now you have made me paranoid about my writing style! Usually the quality of the post can be determined by how strongly I feel about the topic.
    Yeh, now you sound INFJ . I do the restructure thing too, but with a different focus.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Peguy's writing would be more what I generally see INFJ to be. They definitely aren't down to earth though, their behaviour looks strange even to an ENFP .
    Oh yeh, sorry peguy I didn't mean those two sentences to be linked . Bad ENFP habit of changing topics all the time. Was suggesting you're writing seemed clean and structured and INFJ like, not that you were the pinnacle of strangeness . Though strangeness is an NF trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post

I'm an aesthetic perfectionist I guess, it all has to look and sound perfect.
    Me too. Sometimes I'll sacrifice grammar in order for it to please the senses.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Holy shit 54 pages! Well, I don't know if this has been told already but...

you know you're an INFJ when you buy new stuff and feel that you should explore more of the things you already posessing.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    You're able to see the good qualities in people you hate.

OR another way to say it is

you can dislike someone that you admittedly know is a "good person" or a "nice guy".
    Yep. There are so many very nice people whose company I don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by karenk View Post
    You delete your post because you think nobody will see your intended context and it will be misinterpreted.
    Too, too often!

Quote Originally Posted by hideki View Post
    you spend time researching personality codes for long periods of time on the computer. feeling that you're this special person in the world. when in reality, you're just a sheltered mishap.
    *adds "sheltered mishap" to list of favorite terms*

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    You internalize criticisms because you are driven to view yourself from whatever vantage point produced the criticism. Then you start questioning whether your own vantage point or the other person's is more valid, or if they are in fact equal. Next you start philosophizing about what the self is and what boundaries do and do not exist between people which leaves you feeling ironically isolated for connecting to everything including the negativity.
    Holy cow. Fantastic description.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Hmm, what you mean like some ultimate "connectedness" everything? Yeah, I've experienced that. Mostly when I'm outside, minding my own business, it'll sneak up on me and attack me while I'm looking at the light playing on a building or some such thing. So rude. It never even says goodbye when it's gone. It just leaves. :steam:
    Those moments are what keep me alive inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    You can't deny the feeling you have inside that there is meaning behind all parts of everyday life.
    Yes. Why is that? I've tried to talk myself out of it, but it keeps coming back.

MBTI
    INFP

The 16 Types.info - Socionics and Oldham personality styles
    Can anyone relate to this?
    I can...but that may just be because I'm paranoid with low self-confidence :P.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Oh yeh, sorry peguy I didn't mean those two sentences to be linked . Bad ENFP habit of changing topics all the time. Was suggesting you're writing seemed clean and structured and INFJ like, not that you were the pinnacle of strangeness . Though strangeness is an NF trait.
    Hey no problem. As you saw, I took it with a sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    you know you're an INFJ when you buy new stuff and feel that you should explore more of the things you already posessing.
    I get this feeling all the time in regards to the books in my personal library.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    The 16 Types.info - Socionics and Oldham personality styles
    Can anyone relate to this?
    I can...but that may just be because I'm paranoid with low self-confidence :P.
    Read the INFP description, and see if you agree with that one. The INFP for this system is Ni Fe, while the INFJ is Fi Ne.

MBTI
    INFP

* I am an interesting, exciting person.(*cough*don't laugh)
    * In order to be happy I need other people to pay attention to me.
    * Unless I entertain or impress people, I am nothing.
    (People pleasing)
    * If I don't keep others engaged with me, they won't like me.
    * The way to get what I want is to dazzle or amuse people.
    * If people don't respond very positively to me, they are I am rotten.
    * It is awful for people to ignore me.
    * I should be the center of attention.(haha..yeah I like, not long though, it's suffocating after a while)
    * I don't have to bother to think things through—I can go by my "gut" feeling.(more of I'll find a way, I'll have an idea)
    * If I entertain people, they will not notice my weaknesses.(sucking up...joking around yes yesI turned a few potential enemies into friends)
    * I cannot tolerate boredom.(LOL!)
    * If I feel like doing something, I should go ahead and do it.
    * People will pay attention only if I act in extreme ways.(I call it "shock treatment", you have to use drastic measures or your point goes completely unnoticed!)
    * Feelings and intuition(it depends, let's not get pony-landy) are much more important that rational thinking and planning.

I have to say however that acceptance is more valuable to me than attention.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

INFJ:

* I am socially inept and socially undesirable in work or social situations.
    * Other people are potentially critical, indifferent, demeaning, or rejecting.
    * I cannot tolerate unpleasant feelings.
    * If people get close to me, they will discover the "real" me and reject me.
    * Being exposed as inferior or inadequate will be intolerable.
    * I should avoid unpleasant situations at all costs.
    * If I feel or think something unpleasant, I should try to wipe it out or distract myself—for example, think of something else, have a drink, take a drug, or watch television.
    * I should avoid situations in which I attract attention, or I should be as inconspicuous as possible.
    * Unpleasant feelings will escalate and get out of control.
    * If others criticize me, they must be right.
    * It is better not to do anything than to try something that might fail.
    * If I don't think about a problem, I don't have to do anything about it.
    * Any signs of tension in a relationship indicate the relationship has gone bad; therefore, I should cut it off.
    * If I ignore a problem, it will go away.

INFP:

* I am an interesting, exciting person.
    * In order to be happy I need other people to pay attention to me.
    * Unless I entertain or impress people, I am nothing.
    * If I don't keep others engaged with me, they won't like me.
    * The way to get what I want is to dazzle or amuse people.
    * If people don't respond very positively to me, they are rotten.
    * It is awful for people to ignore me.
    * I should be the center of attention.
    * I don't have to bother to think things through—I can go by my "gut" feeling.
    * If I entertain people, they will not notice my weaknesses.
    * I cannot tolerate boredom.
    * If I feel like doing something, I should go ahead and do it.
    * People will pay attention only if I act in extreme ways.
    * Feelings and intuition are much more important that rational thinking and planning.

I think I relate more with the INFJ side, but I dunno. I think I should take a closer look at them when I have more time.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    Yes. Why is that? I've tried to talk myself out of it, but it keeps coming back.
    Who knows? Maybe we're right. I don't believe that there's anything wrong with thinking that life actually means something. I would elaborate, but I fear that others would be turned off by it being borderline religious.

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you buy new stuff and feel that you should explore more of the things you already posessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I get this feeling all the time in regards to the books in my personal library.
    Yes! I often buy a new video game, only to decide I should play one I already own first, or some nonsense like that! The same applies to books.

Enneagram 4w5 social