User Tag List

Page 54 of 235 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFP

Down to earth and "no nonsense" yes very often.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

People who don't know me well think I've very practical, and even the ones that do know I am to an extent. I like dreaming, but I also like to make sure any dreams that are feasible are also realistic enough to be believable.
    But I'm still a dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by chrihazy1 View Post
    So, has anyone else been told that they are the most practical, down to earth person they know, yet you think they're totally crazy but when you talk to other people about it they agree? Or is this just me?
    yes all the way. Im from california and everyone goes you are the epitome of california attitude. I guess its true....

MBTI
    INFJ

So, has anyone else been told that they are the most practical, down to earth person they know, yet you think they're totally crazy but when you talk to other people about it they agree? Or is this just me?
    YES. I have been told that I am "so practical and detail oriented." This really baffles me. I would never describe myself as either of those. I am spacey and I am prone to daydreaming and running into objects (especially ones that were recently moved to a new location).

I think they mistaken my orientation to detail with my ability to see flaws in proposed ideas. Ni (as I perceive it) starts from the end of the problem and works its way back, and that's how I spot gaps and inconsistencies in plans. I guess I could understand how this could be described as "detail oriented."

Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    YES. I have been told that I am "so practical and detail oriented." This really baffles me. I would never describe myself as either of those. I am spacey and I am prone to daydreaming and running into objects (especially ones that were recently moved to a new location).

I think they mistaken my orientation to detail with my ability to see flaws in proposed ideas. Ni (as I perceive it) starts from the end of the problem and works its way back, and that's how I spot gaps and inconsistencies in plans. I guess I could understand how this could be described as "detail oriented."
    Maybe it's a comparitive thing. As ENFP I see you as detail oriented. But it is because we are less so. Like when I look at posts from INFJs the writing and grammar is often perfected too much for an ENFP . We care more about the ideas, the tone, the playfulness of the words etc. Details like spelling and grammar are an after thought. The judging element might also look like detail oriented to the P types.

You're post actually fits more with the NFP sytle. There are spelling and grammar mistakes, the writing is relaxed, it feels natural to read for an NFP. You also pull apart problems NFP style. But looking at your chart the I and the J aren't really going to be wrong. Maybe our types are a lot similar than I thought.

Peguy's writing would be more what I generally see INFJ to be. They definitely aren't down to earth though, their behaviour looks strange even to an ENFP .

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Maybe it's a comparitive thing. As ENFP I see you as detail oriented. But it is because we are less so. Like when I look at posts from INFJs the writing and grammar is often perfected too much for an ENFP . We care more about the ideas, the tone, the playfulness of the words etc. Details like spelling and grammar are an after thought. The judging element might also look like detail oriented to the P types.

You're post actually fits more with the NFP sytle. There are spelling and grammar mistakes, the writing is relaxed, it feels natural to read for an NFP. You also pull apart problems NFP style. But looking at your chart the I and the J aren't really going to be wrong. Maybe our types are a lot similar than I thought.

Peguy's writing would be more what I generally see INFJ to be. They definitely aren't down to earth though, their behaviour looks strange even to an ENFP .
    That wasn't one of my better posts. I did spot a grammar problem (or two), but I didn't see any notable spelling errors. Most of my errors are caused by me going back and restructuring my sentences for clarity's sake. Now you have made me paranoid about my writing style! Usually the quality of the post can be determined by how strongly I feel about the topic.

Enneagram 4w5 social

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    That's Peguy for you, fucking up the reputation of all other INFJs. :redface:

As for grammar and spelling, well I honestly wouldn't consider myself a top-notch person in this field. I constantly notice spelling and grammar errors in my posts - and it does irritate me when that occurs.

I'm an aesthetic perfectionist I guess, it all has to look and sound perfect.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not a grammar freak but I often edit after reading the post if I've already posted if it seems unintelligible to me.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I get a little more relaxed in some instances, but I like to stay correct if I can. Of course, that's partly so that when I'm trying to get an idea across, I can do it in a way that is intelligible and impressionable to the audience.
    In other words, I want people to know what I'm talking about, and I want to sound smart so they take me seriously

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm. The most practical and down to earth person? No. Generally detail-oriented, practical, and methodical when it comes to most things? Yes. It doesn't puzzle me. I usually figure it has something to do with Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se working in tandem. Ni provides an idea from whereever it gets its ideas, Fe makes sure all involved are considered, Ti spots problems, Se goes and makes the idea real, then fixes the problems with Ni's guidance under the limitations of Fe. From the outside, it makes me appear practical, because what others see operating when I'm trying to make an idea happen is Se with an overtone of Fe.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost