Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I have a tendency to fold my hands in front of me, or hold my hands to my mouth (think cutsy-girly). But I also have a few "power poses" when I need to exert myself..
    But they definitely came from somewhere; I didn't stand that way a couple of years back.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Come to find out, the branch of Thomism that I was taught in my metaphysics class here is called "Existential Thomism", or Neo-Thomism.
    I take it you studied Jacques Maritain? He's one of my favorite philosophers, and himself remarked how Thomism was the only true Existentialism - contra Sartre.

Another good Catholic Existentialist is Gabriel Marcel. I'm utterly convinced the man was INFJ, just based on the manner he presents his thoughts.

BTW Kyrielle, I find myself doing those poses as well....except for the last one.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    True, I also hate to have uninvited guests or people from my family in my room it's very distracting and I get cranky.
    !
    I totally agree. A few years ago at a writers' workshop *everyone* would gather in my room during my "down" time. I don't know if they assumed I was an extravert because of my behavior during the day or if they thought somehow I was "trapped" in my room because I use a power wheelchair for mobility. (Actually, I'm much more mobile in my chair than most "walkies"--unless stairs are involved, lol). By the end of the week I was depleted and *very* cranky.:steam:
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cherchair View Post
    I totally agree. A few years ago at a writers' workshop *everyone* would gather in my room during my "down" time. I don't know if they assumed I was an extravert because of my behavior during the day or if they thought somehow I was "trapped" in my room because I use a power wheelchair for mobility. (Actually, I'm much more mobile in my chair than most "walkies"--unless stairs are involved, lol). By the end of the week I was depleted and *very* cranky.:steam:
    I've been in situations like this before. Telling some people "I would just like to be alone for a while" usually ends up with their feelings being hurt.

Sometimes you just have to pretend like your sick and say you're going to go lay down. Usually people avoid me out of fear of getting sick too. Yes, it's lying, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cherchair View Post
    Whenever my ISFJ mom (who loves showing off every inch our house) brings guests into my room, I'm definitely forced to chase them out with my bat.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default You know you're anINFJ when...

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I've been in situations like this before. Telling some people "I would just like to be alone for a while" usually ends up with their feelings being hurt.

Sometimes you just have to pretend like your sick and say you're going to go lay down. Usually people avoid me out of fear of getting sick too. Yes, it's lying, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Can't--won't--do that. It's a gimp thing, I think; people already see me as more fragile than I am so I do the "toughing it out" thing way too much, to my detriment. I like the bat idea, though. *Then* they wouldn't think I was fragile. Still, someone might get more than their feelings hurt.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

Circus Maximus Array Sarcasticus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Getting back to what Lotr246 mentioned, do you ever find yourself subconsciously imitating the poses of people either you admire, or just poses by others you find impressive?

I do this often. Here's a few examples of poses I often imitate in various circumstances:

Feel free to post your own examples!
    Yes now that you mention it, I find myself doing this often:

Sorry, couldn't resist

Sniffles

Hey no problem, come to think of it - I find myself doing that pose quite often as well.

MBTI
    INFP

You are pretty oblivious to the world around you when you are thinking but never fail to notice details that have a personal meaning for you.
    ex:you can hear your name in a conversation a mile away .
    Also, you can seem very annoying or clingy to people by giving them advice or worrying about them too much.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

So, has anyone else been told that they are the most practical, down to earth person they know, yet you think they're totally crazy but when you talk to other people about it they agree? Or is this just me?