User Tag List

Page 50 of 235 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    you know you're an INFJ when someone asks you what your thinking and you tell them nothing because you know they can't handle it
    More like...I say nothing because I don't even know what it was I was thinking about. I mean, I did know...1 nanosecond before the question was asked, but now that I'm focused, I don't recall what it was even about. If I do remember, I happily tell person asking, because I'm so glad I didn't forget!
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Senior Member Array StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    More like...I say nothing because I don't even know what it was I was thinking about. I mean, I did know...1 nanosecond before the question was asked, but now that I'm focused, I don't recall what it was even about. If I do remember, I happily tell person asking, because I'm so glad I didn't forget!
    Spot on...I don't know how many times I've replied with 'nothing' only because I've just been interrupted...and what I had been thinking about so deeply flew the coop like a baby bird..it was there..honestly...I just can't remember what 'it' had been.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Okay, so I was sitting in bed last night, and I was thinking, and I came up with this metaphoric scenario:

INFJs are like rearranged rubik's cubes. In regards with our relationships with people, everyone is likely to fall one of three categories:

The 1st type is really bad at trying to figure it out. They work at it for a while, trying to solve the puzzle and make it clear, but after a while they give up or just leave it as is. Occasionally, they may go back and try again, but they never really get it without instructions (and sometimes not even then).
    The 2nd type is excellent. They can figure it out very easily, and can see right through us quickly, or at least quicker than most. However, there are very few people that fall in this category, and they might have a tendency to take their ability for granted or move on quickly.
    The 3rd type of people aren't as naturally inclined as the 2nd, but they take a genuine interest in figuring it out. They work on it, sometimes for a long time, until they figure it out, and they actually enjoy the challenge. Even when they figured it out, it's likely they will still keep warm feelings about the game; they keep it around and are always up for any challenge it throws at them. Eventually, they get better and better, but they always keep the game at heart, at least a little bit.

As a rubik's cube, I associate best with type 3.
    </random whimsical analogy>

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Okay, so I was sitting in bed last night, and I was thinking, and I came up with this metaphoric scenario:

INFJs are like rearranged rubik's cubes. In regards with our relationships with people, everyone is likely to fall one of three categories:

The 1st type is really bad at trying to figure it out. They work at it for a while, trying to solve the puzzle and make it clear, but after a while they give up or just leave it as is. Occasionally, they may go back and try again, but they never really get it without instructions (and sometimes not even then).
    The 2nd type is excellent. They can figure it out very easily, and can see right through us quickly, or at least quicker than most. However, there are very few people that fall in this category, and they might have a tendency to take their ability for granted or move on quickly.
    The 3rd type of people aren't as naturally inclined as the 2nd, but they take a genuine interest in figuring it out. They work on it, sometimes for a long time, until they figure it out, and they actually enjoy the challenge. Even when they figured it out, it's likely they will still keep warm feelings about the game; they keep it around and are always up for any challenge it throws at them. Eventually, they get better and better, but they always keep the game at heart, at least a little bit.

As a rubik's cube, I associate best with type 3.
    </random whimsical analogy>
    What an interesting way to look at things. I've never thought about that. It would facinating to do a little survey of the people we know.

On a different note, you are an INFJ when you get energy from being a room full of people but then you crash and burn afterwards.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    So Meta and I were having a conversation today about INFJs and we came to the conclusion that an INFJ was a combination of an ENFP and an INTJ.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Yes, that definitely makes sense.

Senior Member Array StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    On a different note, you are an INFJ when you get energy from being a room full of people but then you crash and burn afterwards.
    This is why I avoid parties unless it's a family gathering... But get togethers from time to time are so much fun...

You know you're an INFJ when you sit in your room making metaphorical connections using Rubik's Cube type associations... [*lol* I you, gloomy, honestly-- I rather liked that metaphor...I'm trying to determine which type I associate with...if I made a guess, I'd say most commonly type 3, on occasion, type 2.]
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Yes, that definitely makes sense.
    In what way?

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    In what way?
    well from the cognitive function pov, it makes no sense. However, INFJs sometimes can come off very extraverted and I've read that INFJs seem to be one of the least judging out of the J's and sometimes come off NTish (analytical) when trying to approach a problem. This is what I have gathered from this forum and other sites but it would take me awhile to find it. Please don't take what I'm saying on this too seriously. It seems flawed in logic so I'm not quite sure anymore I need to re-think it.

You think existentially...or is that all NFs?

w00t! Page 50!