• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Such insights do come unwarranted and after a seemingly unrelated event, if that is what you mean. But they certainly don't come from nowhere.

That's basically what I meant. For me its more like my mind is subconsciously chewing on the problem and after doing something it goes 'Ping!' and I get it and wonder wtf happened that triggered everything.

Well it's a completely different story with those INFJs who use Yahoo.

I use MSN because all my other friends do. It just easier.

You have tried to hypnotize yourself or alter your state of consciousness in some way or another

You rarely venture outside your comfort zone

I may never do any form of drug, but LSD looks interesting.... :D

( I'm not really an INFP I guess... more like an ENFP that's introverted. The functions are balanced in either direction N F T S = INFJ/ENFP)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Double post to kick the mule started again :D

It seems to me that INFJs have a huge range in their 'J-ness.' Some, like me, wont hesitate to eat food off the floor (as long as it doesnt look groady and -I- was the one who dropped it. And recently) and others who are basically real-live versions of Monk.

What's weird, too, is that I could go to both extremes in a day :shock:

P

Phantonym

^
I can definitely relate to this. And not only about eating the food off the floor.

I guess if something is OK by my standards at that particular moment then I'm cool with it. But at some other moment I can be totally grossed out by that same thing.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
^
I can definitely relate to this. And not only about eating the food off the floor.

I guess if something is OK by my standards at that particular moment then I'm cool with it. But at some other moment I can be totally grossed out by that same thing.
Can I join the cake degustation ? I'm sure you have an extra fork laying somewhere:D

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Do you like eating food off the floor? If so then wait for me to drop some

I'm pretty sure I have some skittles between the couch cushions, youre free to have them if you want 'em :D

You know you're an INFJ when your internal feelings are described in phrases that are in no language you know, but some of the common phrases seem to work perfectly. You wonder why you couldn't think of a phrase for it before you heard the phrase spoken, too.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm pretty sure I have some skittles between the couch cushions, youre free to have them if you want 'em :D

You know you're an INFJ when your internal feelings are described in phrases that are in no language you know, but some of the common phrases seem to work perfectly. You wonder why you couldn't think of a phrase for it before you heard the phrase spoken, too.
is ur picture like the babel tower or something?

It was a ziggurat, ziggurats are squares. (just so you know)

also if it was made of ceramic and so on, (they didn't have stones there) it structurally couldn't be higher than 2.5 kms (ziggurats were usually around 30-45m high i believe.)

but hey it's maybe just me naging you.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
is ur picture like the babel tower or something?

It was a ziggurat, ziggurats are squares. (just so you know)

also if it was made of ceramic and so on, (they didn't have stones there) it structurally couldn't be higher than 2.5 kms (ziggurats were usually around 30-45m high i believe.)

but hey it's maybe just me naging you.

Oh its only the lynch-pin of all reality as we know it. Binding all the different universes together. Probably made out of some supermagic material that is impossible to destroy.

S

Sniffles

It seems to me that INFJs have a huge range in their 'J-ness.' Some, like me, wont hesitate to eat food off the floor (as long as it doesnt look groady and -I- was the one who dropped it. And recently) and others who are basically real-live versions of Monk.
Yeah I can relate to this. I refuse to eat anything that's touched the floor.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh its only the lynch-pin of all reality as we know it. Binding all the different universes together. Probably made out of some supermagic material that is impossible to destroy.
awesome !
can I have it ???

Lotr246

You agree with this description wholeheartedly. (Found it on this site. Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker. Thanks!)

INFJ

INFJs have been the most successful literary artists in history, I reckon. Dante, Plato, Schopenhauer and Dostoevsky were all INFJs. They have a great internal vision that they are guided by, and they assess information that is taken in accordance to the way it conforms to the inner vision. They are highly intuitive and oftenly trust their hunches. As Extroverted Feelers, they tend to have a strong social consciousness, and are very concerned with maintaining a high morale within their group. However, the negative side of this entity is that they may accept conventional standards for self-evaluation, younger INFJs should be particularly threatened by this. Much like the INFPs, INFJs are thorough-going idealists and respect what is out of the ordinary and those who are willing to stand out of the crowd in order to fight for what they consider to be justice or any other ideal that they put a high premium on. They are guided by an irrational Ni vision which gives them insatiable curiosity, but unfortunately they tend to rely on the very conventional Fe function to bring order to their inner world and this may make them seem more conventional and common-place than they really are, however, we should make a clear note of the INFJ being deeply idiosyncratic and highly individualistic people, they are certainly far from conventional in any reasonable sense of the word. Bryan Magee, an INFJ himself as a writer of popular philosophy (In Confessions of a Philosopher) his intellectual biography documented his life-long study of philosophical ideas. He talked about how what he has been learning has had profound impacts on his life, how he frequently found himself waking up in the middle of the night thinking about problems of philosophy, and on his daily walks how he was constantly in reverie making love to what he has just acquired, and how on weekends he frequently would shut himself off to soak away in his studies. This is a good example, I would guess of how the Ni-Fe axis works. Introversion, as Leanor Thompson maintained is an attitude where we see the world in terms of the way it relates to us, and not vice versa. Thus an INTP regards logic as it relates to him. Same goes for the INFJ and Intuition. They regard ideas in terms of how they relate to them and their vision, and than they get transferred down to the Fe, where those visions and ideas become a profoundly personal business. Bryan Magee, has mentioned once about how the inability to find meaning in his life through philosophy or to work through many of his ideas has gotten him to the point where he almost lost his will to live, and was seriously in fear of having a heart-attack as he had learned that they tend to be psychosomatic. Just like INTJs use their Te to make abstract ideas useful to the intellectual world, the INFJs use their Fe to do all they can in order to have the public benefit from their ideas. Much like Bryan Magee, instead of becoming an ivory tower academic, went into politics to use philosophy to make the world a more understanding and a tolerant place. And as far as his career as an author was concerned, he didnt join the scholars in solving some pedantic philosophical problem or trying to figure out how to best read Aristotle, instead he concerned himself with popular philosophy. He did all he could to make philosophy as easy and as accessible for the general intelligent person to read, even one who has never read philosophy before. He used his career as a broadcaster exactly for that purpose, whereas he invited the leading thinkers of his time to discuss ideas with him on TV, and he has made all the arrangements possible in order for their dialogues to be easily understandable. Even the most difficult and abstruse of concepts were presented with compelling clarity and warmth. Now, this is the true intellectual spirit of INFJ altruism. INFJs, as feelers tend to be genial and considerate with most people they encounter. They empathize deeply and believe in their ideals of love, however, we should note that unlike the ENFJs, INFJs are first and foremost people of ideas and contemplation, not action and care-taking. Hence, they are the most scholarly of the Idealists and have the most in common with their NT neighbors. This is in part due to the Ti being the third function, and the astounding vision of the Ni in combination with the systematic presentation style of the Fe. Of all the NFs, they have the greatest precision in thought and language. Ergo, for this reason, unlike the INFPs they have a w5.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I agree very well with that profile, although that is just a situation where all the functions work well and 'to the book.' The thing that made the most sense to me was:

This is a good example, I would guess of how the Ni-Fe axis works. Introversion, as Leanor Thompson maintained is an attitude where we see the world in terms of the way it relates to us, and not vice versa. Thus an INTP regards logic as it relates to him. Same goes for the INFJ and Intuition. They regard ideas in terms of how they relate to them and their vision, and than they get transferred down to the Fe, where those visions and ideas become a profoundly personal business.

I related to that part a lot, though my Ti is developed to the point where it generally overrides Fe which has been neglected due to the socially enforced stereotype for male behavior, and my very high introverted-ness, but comes out in spades when I'm feeling outgoing. I have a tendency to daydream about giving the world a big hug and fixing all the problems :D

And with Se, I find that I really only use its aesthetic sensitivity, and its ability to improvise to any constructive bent. It tends to make me get ideas for just one or two pieces of information.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
Phew - I finally got through this entire thread.

Here's one I haven't seen and was wondering if other INFJs have this experience: I participate actively in a group discussion or class only to realize at the end of an hour that I haven't actually said a word.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Phew - I finally got through this entire thread.

Here's one I haven't seen and was wondering if other INFJs have this experience: I participate actively in a group discussion or class only to realize at the end of an hour that I haven't actually said a word.

Hi 5! :smile:

S

Sniffles

You know you're an INFJ if you're a natural controversialist.