Page 48 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    You transform yourself to be like your role-models

You draw inspiration from the people and the environment around you

Yep, I'm pretty much a wannabe.
    To hideki: Nah, not for me. I got into it because of typical teenage "nebulous sense of self"...I was extremely skeptical about the fluffy things nevertheless. (didn't spent time researching codes, codes bore me)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

You internalize criticisms because you are driven to view yourself from whatever vantage point produced the criticism. Then you start questioning whether your own vantage point or the other person's is more valid, or if they are in fact equal. Next you start philosophizing about what the self is and what boundaries do and do not exist between people which leaves you feeling ironically isolated for connecting to everything including the negativity.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    You internalize criticisms because you are driven to view yourself from whatever vantage point produced the criticism. Then you start questioning whether your own vantage point or the other person's is more valid, or if they are in fact equal. Next you start philosophizing about what the self is and what boundaries do and do not exist between people which leaves you feeling ironically isolated for connecting to everything including the negativity.
    right on target.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

you just sit back alone in your room for several hours. and for 1 second it happens, you experience this 'bliss'. you're like A HA! and suddenly everything makes sense. that's what just happened to me. i feel great...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by hideki View Post
    you just sit back alone in your room for several hours. and for 1 second it happens, you experience this 'bliss'. you're like A HA! and suddenly everything makes sense. that's what just happened to me. i feel great...
    Hmm, what you mean like some ultimate "connectedness" everything? Yeah, I've experienced that. Mostly when I'm outside, minding my own business, it'll sneak up on me and attack me while I'm looking at the light playing on a building or some such thing. So rude. It never even says goodbye when it's gone. It just leaves. :steam:
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Hmm, what you mean like some ultimate "connectedness" everything? Yeah, I've experienced that. Mostly when I'm outside, minding my own business, it'll sneak up on me and attack me while I'm looking at the light playing on a building or some such thing. So rude. It never even says goodbye when it's gone. It just leaves. :steam:
    Exactly. And usually, you can't explain this experience to others. I remember one where I suddenly knew what the world was like without humans. I couldn't explain this world to you, I just saw it for a second one morning. And yes, it leaves you, and you probably will never experience that same vision again.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by karenk View Post
    You delete your post because you think nobody will see your intended context and it will be misinterpreted.
    YES.

People misunderstand you, but think they haven't and reply with something that insults your intelligence.

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

At times, you suddenly notice things. It's almost as if you were in your own little world, and you didn't really notice the world around, but then for a minute or two your suddenly brought back down to Earth, and you realize where you are and who you are and where your life is at...
    And then it passes and your back on your little cloud.

And then, other times, you think of what the world might be like from others' eyes; you wonder about the phenomenon of time; you question how big the universe really is....
    So you forget that you have to do laundry.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    At times, you suddenly notice things. It's almost as if you were in your own little world, and you didn't really notice the world around, but then for a minute or two your suddenly brought back down to Earth, and you realize where you are and who you are and where your life is at...
    And then it passes and your back on your little cloud.

And then, other times, you think of what the world might be like from others' eyes; you wonder about the phenomenon of time; you question how big the universe really is....
    So you forget that you have to do laundry.
    Or remember to do laundry but only at one in the morning and you have to get up early the next day, but you've forgotten to do it so many times that if you don't do it, you will have to go commando and that's just not kosher.

But yes, I've had that happen. Don't think the instance is necessarily an INFJ thing. Probably an "easily distracted person" thing...which is what most of us on the forum are in some way or another. Though it's likely that Ni doms are more likely to get distracted in the way you've described, specifically. (Like Usehername's thread.)
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Cool

Wow, I relate to so much in this thread.

When you're alone you're constantly generating intutive insights and understanding on whatever you are thinking about and people wonder why you like to be alone so much, because you are normally a pretty pleasant person to be around.

It just so happens you like to figure things out. :P