User Tag List

First 3644454647485696146 Last

Results 451 to 460 of 2357

  1. #451
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default

    You think of several 'you know you're an INFJ if...' points to post while at work, and by the time you've come home...this is the only thing you can think of.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

  2. #452
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Default

    You think of several "You know you're an INFJ when....." points at school, work, or out with friends and by the time you get home you've forgotten them all!!!!

  3. #453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    People don't ever annoy you?

    Wish I had your tolerance.

    Edit: Also thats strange, too. INFJs are usually so skeptical of everyone. It would seem like a natural inclination for us to not like people in general. Even if we can see the good in them. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    People annoy me at times, sure. But I don't dislike them. I'm generally pretty tolerant
    I just don't really get close to people. I tolerate them, and that's about it, unless they attempt to get to know me more. Then we become friends...but we're still not that close.
    Well, people annoy me... a lot sometimes, I do dislike them and avoid them if I can. I have a bit of a problem with people that are "too happy" Sounds horrible, but I perceive it as being utterly and completely fake, it's irritating when you're in my face with your rainbows and unicorns. (Shudder).

    Although I do see the good in people (even the irritating ones) leading to questions from my family about certain friendships.

    I don't get close to people either...

  4. #454
    Senior Member StoryOfMyLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    You think of several "You know you're an INFJ when....." points at school, work, or out with friends and by the time you get home you've forgotten them all!!!!
    Ha ha someone else to empathize with, I see!
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5



    http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

  5. #455
    Senior Member gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    305

    Default

    You get read a thread titled "You know you're an INFJ if..." and then you actually really think about it at home, work, school....

  6. #456
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    inxp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I don't really have that issue. I find it difficult to really dislike anyone, actually, because I see that good in people >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    People annoy me at times, sure. But I don't dislike them. I'm generally pretty tolerant
    I just don't really get close to people. I tolerate them, and that's about it, unless they attempt to get to know me more. Then we become friends...but we're still not that close.
    I wonder if these two statements are related. I think they are for me. People whom I see annoying pretty much everyone else, don't bother me at all. I don't know that it is a virtue, but it has to do with the vantage point from which I view people. When someone annoys others or are in conflict in some way, they become interesting to me. I want to understand why they are at odds with other people. There is always cause and effect and we cannot typically "hate what we understand". Letting go of personal assumptions is often the first step towards empathy and understanding. I start to examine the person from their vantage point best I can and continue to build a hypothesis. I feel a continual lack of resolution because I also acknowledge that it is not possible to ever fully understand another person. It is a continual process of analysis and shared experience, even if only through imagination. In one way I join myself to others intimately, but at the same time I am observing them from a safe distance from which it is almost impossible to affect me. These polar opposites of empathy and observation form a core aspect of both my understanding and way of experiencing life. It produces my extremes of joy and pain as well.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.

  7. #457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Travo7 View Post
    I'm curious. Do you like classical? Whether you do, or not, kind of changes the question, for me at least.
    Yes, I enjoy it. It's something I listen to if I need to relax or if I'm driving my cat to the vet. Now, it's not my favorite genre of music but I appreciate it and it's probably my top 3 pick. I think the fact that my floormates despise it so much makes me love it even more. Odd, I know.

  8. #458
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    You turn on the classical radio station in the community bathroom so you can have the bathroom all to yourself while you shower...?
    Does the radio at work count? I can't think of anything better than that - having to work on something by yourself while listening to Classical music.

    I can't concentrate or work fully with the standard shit they usually have on. Although shipping often has Classic rock on, which I enjoy, but I hardly deal with them during my shift.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    You think of several 'you know you're an INFJ if...' points to post while at work, and by the time you've come home...this is the only thing you can think of.
    Please don't remind me.

  9. #459
    Senior Member Travo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    Yes, I enjoy it. It's something I listen to if I need to relax or if I'm driving my cat to the vet. Now, it's not my favorite genre of music but I appreciate it and it's probably my top 3 pick. I think the fact that my floormates despise it so much makes me love it even more. Odd, I know.
    OK, I can relate to that. Especially the part about being odd

  10. #460
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    Well, people annoy me... a lot sometimes, I do dislike them and avoid them if I can. I have a bit of a problem with people that are "too happy" Sounds horrible, but I perceive it as being utterly and completely fake, it's irritating when you're in my face with your rainbows and unicorns. (Shudder).
    Yeah you often have to resist the urge to punch those people in the face.

    Concerning people in general, I guess my attitude is similar to that of the famous INFJ Fyodr Dostoevsky: I love humanity but hate individuals. And by contrast, I can also hate a particular group but still love a particular individual from that group. Ahhh paradoxes!

Similar Threads

  1. You know your'e an XX when you ?
    By lkpo14 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2016, 09:02 PM
  2. [INFP] You know you're an INFP when...
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 457
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 01:43 AM
  3. [INTP] You know you're an INTP when...
    By Martoon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
  4. [ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...
    By phoenix13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM
  5. [ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when...
    By Leysing in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts