User Tag List

Page 44 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Did you look at the INFj too, which is the MBTI INFP. Do you find any agreement with those descriptions of social roles and functions? Also, if you read the subtypes on the EII profile, the Intuitive subtype sounds like an INFJ? Something doesn't seem to fit. Any thoughts on this?

Ethical intuitive introvert - Wikisocion

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I think I associate more with the INFp on a deeper level. A few things ring true, but not as much as the blocks of the INFp...
    I guess it might just be the social roles; the more I think about it, the more they seem to fit, though. Maybe I just don't think of my "social role" very often; who knows?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I think I associate more with the INFp on a deeper level. A few things ring true, but not as much as the blocks of the INFp...
    I guess it might just be the social roles; the more I think about it, the more they seem to fit, though. Maybe I just don't think of my "social role" very often; who knows?
    It might be because they (social roles thing) just sound retarded the way they're written, but the general point of what its saying is pretty accurate.

I found more things seeming accurate, for me anyway, in the INFp article than the INFj one. I especially liked...how my irritation with the idea of business management and all the other annoying logistical parts of life was explained and why I always feel muzzy-headed when trying to deal with it (though I still need to find out how to solve that problem).

I didn't like the whole "mystical and dreamy" description for Ni. And contrarily, I can be very practical. Perhaps it's just that I don't show that part to other people. I think that INFJ or INFP? website explained it somewhere. Where when I think of an idea, Ni, Se kicks in and tries to make it real, which is where I become a practical person. I guess, aside from that, "dreamy" could be accurate though it leaves me with a foul taste in my mouth--I keep imagining some 70s highschool girl going "He's sooo dreamy!!!" and then I want to vomit.

Edit: Oh yeah and what's with all the goofy arse pages linked to the article. Like the one for subtypes is okay. But the Male/Female one is horribly translated ("Face in it is childlishly tender, and it is worthwhile for it to be flooded by lung and ringing as bell by laughter, it becomes touching- merry" I LOL'd at that though) and the Domain page, while silly and funny, seems like it shouldn't even belong there.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

^^ Exactly. Although I don't like some of the ways it describes things, it does seem to be fairly accurate.

You have a pretty good memory, except you can't remember the details of events probably because your mind wasn't all there at that moment.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

And you have problems remembering numerical facts and things like that because you can't associate them with anything; if you can remember something because it ties in with something else, then it will stick. If it's just a random, free-floating number, then it will not.

After everyone is done considering a topic, you seem to take it one step further.

Senior Member Array LindseyLadybug's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Alright, here goes nothing.

You turn on the classical radio station in the community bathroom so you can have the bathroom all to yourself while you shower...?

You go over a conversation you had with a group of people after the fact and while "watching the video" in your head, you remember seeing/hearing something you hadn't noticed before (like someone's body language or voice inflection or comment) so you have to go back and add that into your analysis of the conversation...?

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post

You turn on the classical radio station in the community bathroom so you can have the bathroom all to yourself while you shower...?

You go over a conversation you had with a group of people after the fact and while "watching the video" in your head, you remember seeing/hearing something you hadn't noticed before (like someone's body language or voice inflection or comment) so you have to go back and add that into your analysis of the conversation...?

I'm curious. Do you like classical? Whether you do, or not, kind of changes the question, for me at least.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post

To add a step, you come up with the ultimate argument....after you're done with it. The video always plays out so much better in your head.