User Tag List

Page 43 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Do you ever, after movies, pretend it's real for a little while afterwards? Just inside your head. You know...you go see something epic and adventurous and you come out of the theater thinking that it all happened to you for a few hours. Do all people do this?
    I do it. I do it when I read, too. I used to think everyone did it, but I'm becoming convinced that they don't. It's why I feel so outraged when someone interrupts my book or movie: they're ruining my world! And yet I've noticed that many other people don't seem to have such strong reactions.

Once I was reading an emotional novel and, without thinking, I was suddenly one of the characters, feeling and saying what they felt and said. It wasn't until my german shepherd stuck her face between mine and the book and licked my nose that I realized I'd been muttering and my face was wet with tears.

MBTI
    INFP

You're quite vindictive underneath all your "fuzzyness", if someone hurts you, you're not going to play victim. You're going to get them back twice as hard and with not a single ounce of pity !!!!
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    You're quite vindictive underneath all your "fuzzyness", if someone hurts you, you're not going to play victim. You're going to get them back twice as hard and with not a single ounce of pity !!!!
    Depends on how bad it is. Usually, I end up feeling guilty and don't do it, despite my intense desire to do something really bad to the other person.

But there was that one time I had to literally clean up shit on the last day of my job right before my lunch break--some poor woman's bowels exploded in the bathroom. I told management about it, since it was company policy for a manager to handle cleaning bodily fluids as having a newbie like me might pose a health hazard. But they just looked at me like I was some lazy chump (lazy...HA! I worked harder than anyone around me!) and told me to clean it up myself. It didn't help that the week before some guy threw up in the breakroom and I had to clean it up then right before I went home...the stupid idiot who threw up couldn't be bothered to do it himself. (And just remembering this is making me so angry all over again. ) Well, I did clean it up (none of the other people would and I just couldn't leave the bathroom like that), but not without a constant stream of tears and expletives while doing so. I had every intention of walking out and never saying a word to them ever again. Actually, I did walk out and I did walk home and I did not want to talk with their sorry asses again, but my mother scolded me for what I considered bravery and audacity and promptly told me to call them back and call in sick because I "didn't want to burn that bridge". Even though I did want to...I wanted to watch that sucker burn to ash.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

"You know you're an INFJ when..."

...someone violates your trust, sense of moral compass, or a dearly held principle and you write them off the face of the earth and never look back.

Word. We're so effin gangster that way.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Senior Member Array LindseyLadybug's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post

...someone violates your trust, sense of moral compass, or a dearly held principle and you write them off the face of the earth and never look back.

True dat. I didn't when I was little...I'd avoid them out of fear of retaliation. Now that I'm an adult, I can make my own decisions so I wondered why I was wasting so much of my time and said, "Screw 'em!"

MBTI
    INFP

, I did that a few times. They were all a bit fanatical I noticed and had issues with sexuality.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

+1

Senior Member Array GinKuusouka's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

Wow. I just read through all of that (haha Really makes the INFP version of this thread look skimpy.) My best friend is an INFJ and I had to giggle because so much of this sounds like her. She's just so awesome and I love her to death.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

Do you agree with these?

Common social roles
    The poet who becomes enamored of expressing his idiosyncratic vision of life, taking no interest in the quotidian affairs of man.

The survivor who, by maintaining good relations with all factions simultaneously, always survives political or corporate upheavals.

The good-natured tag-along who likes to be attached to groups and provides constant comic relief.

The gambler who takes your money but leaves walking away with a smile because of his good natured banter.

This is from a socionics website describing the INFp, which has the same functions as a MBTI INFJ: Intuitive ethical introvert - Wikisocion

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

^^ I relate a bit to a few of them, but it's not a deep-rooted agreement. Socially, that could describe me. Emotionally, spiritually, and in depth, not especially.
    I do agree with the tag-along and the survivor, a bit with the poet, I suppose. But that's very much a "surface" thing.

Although, I have to say, I was really kind of taken aback when I read the Wikisocion article. I've been trying to come to terms with why I get so easily stressed and how to kind of change that, and it really hit the nail on the head.
    I like reading about our strengths, but reading about weaknesses really helps clarify myself on a much wider basis.
    So thanks for the link!