User Tag List

Page 39 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    You know you're INFJ when you get sudden bursts of extreme affection for someone or something, rather than a semi-constant stream

....and it usually occurs when they're not there, and you spam them with loving messages/emails/etc and they're like "what the hell...?"
    Yes. I'll share this slightly embarrassing moment in one of my classes. The class was having a discussion on generative and software art and at some point a handful of us started talking about code and what roles it plays in computers and all this other exceedingly detailed material that I could only dream of truly knowing anything about. Well...quite suddenly...I wanted to hug every single damn person in the room taking part in that little mini discussion. I had no rational reason why. I just wanted to so badly. I went home and told this story to my roommate, who promptly teased me for the next week about wanting to jump unsuspecting programmers' bones or cuddle them.

So, yeah. I do the same thing. Even down to the random e-mails to people I know well and care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    I do this a lot with films and books, talking after watching the six hour BBC Pride and Prejudice can be interesting. It's also the reason I refuse to read books like Lord of the Flies and why it took me four months to read Crime and Punishment. I can't stand being in disturbed people's heads. I start to think like them a little. It's scary.
    I don't mind it, though it is scary. It's even more frightening when I realise I'm not even that far away from being that disturbed if I think about it. There really isn't much holding sanity in place, and whatever that is is intangible and bound to be fragile. Understanding the fragility of your sanity. That is what is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    O my god... so true. I hate movies where the character goes insane and starts to question reality. I really start to freak out. The big "What If" factor plays into this
    Do you ever, after movies, pretend it's real for a little while afterwards? Just inside your head. You know...you go see something epic and adventurous and you come out of the theater thinking that it all happened to you for a few hours. Do all people do this?
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

^ yea, I do. Then I try and scramble away from the hypothetical black hole. Cause heaven knows Ive got enough worries about my sanity than to add someone else's thoughts to the mix

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Do you ever, after movies, pretend it's real for a little while afterwards? Just inside your head. You know...you go see something epic and adventurous and you come out of the theater thinking that it all happened to you for a few hours. Do all people do this?
    I do this at work. Boxes become orcs and I become legolas trying to "put away" as many of them as I can. Daydreaming while doing my job is kind of something that gets me through it.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

I've also noticed that understanding other people's minds/motives can sometimes be the greatest curse, in a way.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!!!!

YOU MEAN I'M NOT CRAZY?????

MBTI
    INFJ

Middle Earth once became my real home for several years.

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, I do! the movie theater thing and the mini discussion too!
    I often thought I was mentally ill too, I would read things about narcissism and avoidant personality disorder and whatnot and I could relate so I thought I was crazy.
    Then my friend reminded me one important factor:
    - crazy people never consider themselves to even possibly be crazy.
    (But I still think I do.)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    O my god... so true. I hate movies where the character goes insane and starts to question reality. I really start to freak out. The big "What If" factor plays into this
    Understanding! The family/friends I watch movies with don't get this, they think I'm nuts for thinking as if I'm in another persons head, and I agree to a certain extent. Maybe this is the reason I dislike horror films? Combining the loss of sanity with empathizing with the characters fears. Also I don't need help freaking myself out, my mind is a horror film easily enough on my own. The really disturbing parts often get put on loop in my head as I try to processes them. The images stay with me for days and I can easily recall them years latter. Anyone else dislike horror?

Ummm, yes. This is especially true if I don't currently feel like dealing with my own life. I don't often become the main characters, instead I carve out a place for myself with in that world, rework the story line a little or add to it. Middle Earth was a regular escape for me too.

MBTI
    INFP

You know you're an infj when your view of life is a mixture of deep skepticism(99) and idealism.(1%) ( percentages may vary depending on moods.)
    It's not that you're a grinch, you just don't like bullshit.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Do you ever, after movies, pretend it's real for a little while afterwards?
    Fantasy IS reality...at least for me.

Reality is a nightmare.